Sign in to follow this  
SeanusMaximus

Well.....oh dear...

Rome

Im new trying to buy my first replica where should i buy from Please help

SeanusMaximus
Yup, blue it the bond one, sorry.

So it is the blue one?

I personally love that watch and wear it way more than my other ones.

I bought the blue one cause I already have too much black dials.

its the blue dial, will send some pics when it arrives tomorrow :popcorn:

Im new trying to buy my first replica where should i buy from Please help

What are you after mate? Mary (watchinternational) or Rob (prestigewatchco) are best bets

robznet

Nice one Sean - looking forward to seeing your pics!! :popcorn:

greg_r
And caliper - quite hard to post pictures when it hasn't arrived yet B)

You saw pics before you bought it, yes? Well then!

:popcorn:

:rofl:

Smart arse :Whistle:

In seriousness I saw it in a shop the other week, thought on it then rang him last night and wired the money, so I've only seen it with my eyes :P

excuses, excuses :P

SeanusMaximus

Haha :P Photos will be up tomorrow anyway greg, it should arrive mid-morning at work :D

And cheers Rob, will post asap!

greg_r

Cool :P

Will look forward to the pics. Enjoy! :D

houndoggie

Very good deal!

SeanusMaximus
Very good deal!

Cheers HD i thought so too! youll see pics tomorrow mate :(

SeanusMaximus

here are two pics the dealer sent me earlier, i pestered him because of Greg :(

Screenshot2011-09-05at223041.png

Screenshot2011-09-05at223051.png

chum_2000_uk

Owned a few of these myself Sean. Could never bring myself to keep them... prefer reps now, at least if I scratch them up (which I inevitably will) its not 1 large down the drain! Sell it and buy more reps :-p

SeanusMaximus
Owned a few of these myself Sean. Could never bring myself to keep them... prefer reps now, at least if I scratch them up (which I inevitably will) its not 1 large down the drain! Sell it and buy more reps :-p

NEVER! I love it! :rofl: and have a PO lined up for next month fingers crossed!

:unsure:

chum_2000_uk

What, a gen PO?

SeanusMaximus
What, a gen PO?

yuup, thinking of cashing in reps and other things :rofl:

chum_2000_uk

I'd have a Gen PO, at least until I sold it again! :rofl:

SeanusMaximus

Haha, philistine are you ? :unsure:

chum_2000_uk

Oh btw, sorry to be a party pooper, but that SMP you are buying doesn't look in great nick for the money :rofl:

I paid between £550 and £650 for the ones I had (admittedly a number of years ago, and admittedly from the US). I was also lucky I only got stung with import fees once too.

Still, £1k seems a tad pricey for that.

SeanusMaximus
Oh btw, sorry to be a party pooper, but that SMP you are buying doesn't look in great nick for the money :rofl:

I paid between £550 and £650 for the ones I had (admittedly a number of years ago, and admittedly from the US). I was also lucky I only got stung with import fees once too.

Still, £1k seems a tad pricey for that.

Well, it has just been serviced by omega, and he has given me a spare identical bracelet, and since posting the £1000 mark, I got it for £900, ( i rang him with a bullshit story about finding one closer to home) :unsure: so i dont think its too bad to be honest

chum_2000_uk

Haha, philistine are you ? :unsure:

Hmm... I dunno... I can just never seem to justify having something worth that much on my wrist. These days I'd prefer to have a nice car, motorbike and somewhere nice to live over a gen watch. Plus some reps are so good now, I don't see the point in gens anymore... not unless I can truly truly write that money off as disposable income, which I couldn't right now.

SeanusMaximus
I'd have a Gen PO, at least until I sold it again! :unsure:

Haha, philistine are you ? :)

Hmm... I dunno... I can just never seem to justify having something worth that much on my wrist. These days I'd prefer to have a nice car, motorbike and somewhere nice to live over a gen watch. Plus some reps are so good now, I don't see the point in gens anymore... not unless I can truly truly write that money off as disposable income, which I couldn't right now.

I see your point, but at the end of the day... im 21, on an internship year before going back for my masters...and want to have one nice piece at least to last me :rofl:

chum_2000_uk

I see your point, but at the end of the day... im 21, on an internship year before going back for my masters...and want to have one nice piece at least to last me :rofl:

Yeah I was about your age when I had my first one, just coming into the last year of my degree.

Just having a quick squint on eBay now... they've definitely gone up a couple of hundred since last bought one.

I almost bought one of the newer models a couple of years ago, brand new... but after paying and waiting for the online retailer to get it ready for delivery, I changed my mind. I do still really like the new ones, I like the red seamaster and silver logo etc.

SeanusMaximus

Yeah I was about your age when I had my first one, just coming into the last year of my degree.

Just having a quick squint on eBay now... they've definitely gone up a couple of hundred since last bought one.

I almost bought one of the newer models a couple of years ago, brand new... but after paying and waiting for the online retailer to get it ready for delivery, I changed my mind. I do still really like the new ones, I like the red seamaster and silver logo etc.

aye, I like to think i bought at a good time tbh, would really really love a PO though, especially the new ceramic bezel ones :)

chum_2000_uk
aye, I like to think i bought at a good time tbh, would really really love a PO though, especially the new ceramic bezel ones :D

Yeah, they are really beautiful those new ceramic bezel ones - I really like the look of the chrono. I had a chrono version of your watch which I really liked... a bit sorry I sold that one actually, but the red chrono hand was faded to orange, which used to bother me... plus I made a lovely profit on it.

Best profit I made was on one of the 007 limited editions, the first of the 007 seamasters. Made a cool £400 profit after rebrushing and doing a few other bits and bobs to it which only cost me a few quid! Was really beat up when I got it. Horrible watch though, hate the tacky 007 models.

SeanusMaximus
aye, I like to think i bought at a good time tbh, would really really love a PO though, especially the new ceramic bezel ones :D

Yeah, they are really beautiful those new ceramic bezel ones - I really like the look of the chrono. I had a chrono version of your watch which I really liked... a bit sorry I sold that one actually, but the red chrono hand was faded to orange, which used to bother me... plus I made a lovely profit on it.

Best profit I made was on one of the 007 limited editions, the first of the 007 seamasters. Made a cool £400 profit after rebrushing and doing a few other bits and bobs to it which only cost me a few quid! Was really beat up when I got it. Horrible watch though, hate the tacky 007 models.

Ditto, in fact the whole 007 connotation ruins it IMO, it is a great watch on its own merit! haha!

I got a Fortis Flieger pilot date the other week as well btw ceri ;)

chum_2000_uk

Ditto, in fact the whole 007 connotation ruins it IMO, it is a great watch on its own merit! haha!

A gen!?

SeanusMaximus

A gen!?

yuup, get it back from my watchsmith friday, got the tritium lume reapplied ;)

this one: http://www.jurawatches.co.uk/fortis-fliege...1141-l01-ft-025