Sign in to follow this  
SeanusMaximus

Well.....oh dear...

chum_2000_uk
aye, I like to think i bought at a good time tbh, would really really love a PO though, especially the new ceramic bezel ones :D

Yeah, they are really beautiful those new ceramic bezel ones - I really like the look of the chrono. I had a chrono version of your watch which I really liked... a bit sorry I sold that one actually, but the red chrono hand was faded to orange, which used to bother me... plus I made a lovely profit on it.

Best profit I made was on one of the 007 limited editions, the first of the 007 seamasters. Made a cool £400 profit after rebrushing and doing a few other bits and bobs to it which only cost me a few quid! Was really beat up when I got it. Horrible watch though, hate the tacky 007 models.

Ditto, in fact the whole 007 connotation ruins it IMO, it is a great watch on its own merit! haha!

I got a Fortis Flieger pilot date the other week as well btw ceri ;)

A gen!?

yuup, get it back from my watchsmith friday, got the tritium lume reapplied ;)

this one: http://www.jurawatches.co.uk/fortis-fliege...1141-l01-ft-025

That is nice mate! Now I see where Ska got his inspiration from for the pilot watch he is making! Reminds me of some of the IWCs

SeanusMaximus

I thought the same, came across fortis years ago when i was gliding, a firm favourite amongst military for its simplistic approach!

chum_2000_uk
I thought the same, came across fortis years ago when i was gliding, a firm favourite amongst military for its simplistic approach!

Will you come round mine and do the dishes for me mate?

SeanusMaximus

Will you come round mine and do the dishes for me mate?

not the strangest request ive had..... :D

chum_2000_uk

Will you shit on your hand, rub it in your hair and call me Cedric Von Strousenbourg from now on?

not the strangest request ive had..... :D

Really!?

SeanusMaximus

A story for another night :D

Night mate...will post some pics of the seamaster when it arrives at work tomorroe ;)

chum_2000_uk
A story for another night :D

Night mate...will post some pics of the seamaster when it arrives at work tomorroe ;)

Nighty night mate... will look forward to those pics, they'll remind me of happier times ;)

Bosox
I'd have a Gen PO, at least until I sold it again! :lol:

Haha, philistine are you ? :hehehe:

Hmm... I dunno... I can just never seem to justify having something worth that much on my wrist. These days I'd prefer to have a nice car, motorbike and somewhere nice to live over a gen watch. Plus some reps are so good now, I don't see the point in gens anymore... not unless I can truly truly write that money off as disposable income, which I couldn't right now.

I tend to agree with you, but I was in Mykonos last week in a very fine jewelry shop, as my wife looked at bracelets. The sales woman, who also was the CEO of the company, saw my watch ans exclaimed "It's a Ulysse. We carry them in our other shop!" She didn't ask to see it, but had she, there would have been no problem, as it is a gen. Likewise, in Santorini the same thng happened, only this time with a Cartier. I never used to take gens when I traveled, but now I make sure I've got one on my wrist anytime there's a chance my wife might drag me into a good jewelry shop. Unfortunately, that's quite often

bme
Guys... it appears I am now £1000 lighter, as I have just bought a genuine Omega Seamaster professional 300, year 2000 model, auto chronometer, omega serviced, mid size (around 40mm I think)

I shall post pictures on tuesday when it arrives, at the moment im off to stop my wallet crying...

I'm so happy for you..........perhaps you could now sell it on and pay Reg what you owe him?

Just a thought.

Waipio Jeff

Yes, no wonder he backed out of his commitment to Reg. Gotta pay for the new gens.