greg_r

My Watch Hasn't Shown Up / Is Broken / Isn't What I Ordered. What Do I Do Now?

Watchgrocer

Great info and ideas.

Xartan

Another thing people new to this scene will have to learn. Patience :)

People tend to forget the nature of this business. Nice with a reminder. Good points especially the do no panic part. 

Roberto31
On 05/09/2011 at 13:56, greg_r said:

This keeps coming up in all sorts of ways, so I figured it was time we had a sticky about it.

What do I do when my watch doesn't show up, is DOA or is just wrong?

Firstly, DO NOT PANIC!!!!

Sometimes things get lost in transit. It's a bummer, but it happens. Be patient - it's not uncommon for a watch to take anything up to a month to arrive, occasionally even longer (my personal record is just over 9 weeks!). Give it a chance. If you've opted for EMS shipping, then you should have received a tracking number. Go to http://www.track-trace.com/ and punch the number into the "Post/EMS(with USPS)" field. Nine times out of ten, you'll find that the watch is in the postman's van and about to arrive on your doorstep.

If the result doesn't make sense, or the tracking doesn't work at all - and assuming you've been waiting an abnormally long time, then the next step is to contact the dealer (obviously if the problem is something other than slow delivery, then your dealer should be your first port of call).

Whoever the dealer may be, you need to make sure you give them all the relevant information. Some are more organised than others, but all are more likely to respond in a timely fashion if you make their lives easier by giving them the info they need (bear in mind that most dealers are one or two-person operations - this ain't Amazon we're dealing with here ;) )

So, whether you PM or email to say "Where's my watch?" or "Help, I have a problem with my watch!" make sure you tell the dealer the following:

1. Your FULL name and address.

2. Details of the watch purchased and the date the order was placed

3. Date and method of payment - including order number if you have one

4. If emailing, make sure you include your forum name and the forum via which you placed the order (i.e. RWG).

Now sit and wait for at least 48 hours. If it's a weekend, bear in mind that dealers are entitled to a weekend off occasionally too, so give it an extra couple of days. If it's a faulty watch issue, the dealer will need you to return the watch. These things can take a couple of months to sort out (allowing for transit in both directions) so please be patient.

If you still have a problem after going through the above process, then please PM a moderator (moderators are marked in light blue on the members online section at the bottom of the board index page). When contacting a mod, we'll need the whole story - including the information mentioned above. We don't promise miracles, but most of the time we can help you straighten out whatever the issues may be.

True. 

FudgyDocker
9 minutes ago, Roberto31 said:

True. 

Really? You quote a whole fucking paragraph that probably took half an hour to write, and put a one word reply, 'true', after it. That's a valuable contribution right there! 

Roberto31
On 25/05/2012 at 17:16, rknikka said:

sorry-i may be in the wrong place,but i am a nubie,so please bear with me ordered welder(we2161) - rep from timesshop-3/1812-pd$108 on cc.no response to 4 polite emails.order# t4616. thanks [[address removed TB99]]-i have previously ordered from them with no problem user name nikka my email address []

Good to know. Thanks 

Roberto31
On 08/02/2014 at 10:36, Ynot43 said:

Hi I'm a noobi.

In short ordered a watch it came in two weeks opened package, correct make B&R GMT, but the orange GMT HAND WAS NOT THERE contacted the seller said he would answer my emails after Chinese New Year Ok. Went to try and find the site it seems to have gone. What can I do? Thanks

Contact the seller via messenger 

BadApple
10 minutes ago, Roberto31 said:

Post whoring. This and several others today. 

Roberto31
1 hour ago, FudgyDocker said:

Really? You quote a whole fucking paragraph that probably took half an hour to write, and put a one word reply, 'true', after it. That's a valuable contribution right there! 

If it’s something well said then you don’t need to say anything else but thanks or true . But you’re the one that talking a lot 

GingerApple
51 minutes ago, Roberto31 said:

That question was asked five years ago. I think we're okay here without your postwhoring answers. Thanks anyway.

BadApple
19 minutes ago, Roberto31 said:

If it’s something well said then you don’t need to say anything else but thanks or true . But you’re the one that talking a lot 

Wow. A post whore with more than one word !!!

black263
8 hours ago, Badapple said:

Wow. A post whore with more than one word !!!

And all that effort resulted in a total post score of 1.  Who'da thought that might happen?

ElegantHurry

Search keywords directly here

BadApple
5 hours ago, ElegantHurry said:

Search keywords directly here

:diespam:

Del

First post updated as follows:-

On 05/09/2011 at 13:56, greg_r said:

This keeps coming up in all sorts of ways, so I figured it was time we had a sticky about it.

Sometimes things get lost in transit. It's a bummer, but it happens. Be patient - it's not uncommon for a watch to take anything up to a month to arrive, occasionally even longer (my personal record is just over 9 weeks!). Give it a chance. If you've opted for EMS shipping, then you should have received a tracking number. Go to http://www.track-trace.com/ and punch the number into the "Post/EMS(with USPS)" field. Nine times out of ten, you'll find that the watch is in the postman's van and about to arrive on your doorstep.

If the result doesn't make sense, or the tracking doesn't work at all - and assuming you've been waiting an abnormally long time, then the next step is to contact the Trusted Dealer (obviously if the problem is something other than slow delivery, then your dealer should be your first port of call).

Whoever the Trusted Dealer may be, you need to make sure you give them all the relevant information. Some are more organised than others, but all are more likely to respond in a timely fashion if you make their lives easier by giving them the info they need (bear in mind that most dealers are one or two-person operations - this ain't Amazon we're dealing with here ;) )

So, whether you PM or email to say "Where's my watch?" or "Help, I have a problem with my watch!" make sure you tell the dealer the following:

4. If emailing, make sure you include your forum name and the forum via which you placed the order (i.e. RWG).

Now sit and wait for a response for at least 3 days. If it's a weekend, bear in mind that even Trusted Dealers are entitled to the weekend off, so give it an extra couple of days. If it's a faulty watch issue, the dealer will need you to return the watch. These things can take a couple of months to sort out (allowing for transit in both directions) so please be patient.

If you are unable to resolve the problem with the Trusted Dealer after discussing it with them and allowing a reasonable time to reach a resolution, then please PM a moderator (moderators are marked in light blue on the members online section at the bottom of the board index page). When contacting a moderator, they will need the whole story - including the information mentioned above. We don't promise miracles, but most of the time a moderator will help you straighten out whatever the issues may be.

Note that moderators have plenty to do both on RWG and in real life so please do not contact them until you have tried to resolve the issue yourself - contacting a moderator should be your last resort.

• Like 1

GBIII

Are events like this a rare occurrence? Or, is this something that everyone encounters eventually?

Thanks!

fatarms
2 minutes ago, GBIII said:

Are events like this a rare occurrence? Or, is this something that everyone encounters eventually?

Thanks!

I've been collecting reps for 9 years now, never had an issue with a rep not show up or arrive DOA. 

GBIII
10 minutes ago, fatarms said:

I've been collecting reps for 9 years now, never had an issue with a rep not show up or arrive DOA. 

That's comforting. Thanks!

GingerApple

I've had about 5 out of 90 either DOA or issues. Small issues every time though.

serumwhiskey
On 18/02/2021 at 23:17, GBIII said:

Thanks!

Edited by serumwhiskey

deju
On 19/02/2021 at 10:00, TheGingerFerret said:

I've had about 5 out of 90 either DOA or issues.I’m a  small issue every time though.

Fixed. 

Jeldroo
On 05/09/2011 at 14:56, greg_r said:

If the result doesn't make sense, or the tracking doesn't work at all - and assuming you've been waiting an abnormally long time, then the next step is to contact the Trusted Dealer (obviously if the problem is something other than slow delivery, then your dealer should be your first port of call).

Whoever the Trusted Dealer may be, you need to make sure you give them all the relevant information. Some are more organised than others, but all are more likely to respond in a timely fashion if you make their lives easier by giving them the info they need (bear in mind that most dealers are one or two-person operations - this ain't Amazon we're dealing with here ;) )

Now sit and wait for a response for at least 3 days. If it's a weekend, bear in mind that even Trusted Dealers are entitled to the weekend off, so give it an extra couple of days. If it's a faulty watch issue, the dealer will need you to return the watch. These things can take a couple of months to sort out (allowing for transit in both directions) so please be patient.

If you are unable to resolve the problem with the Trusted Dealer after discussing it with them and allowing a reasonable time to reach a resolution, then please PM a moderator (moderators are marked in light blue on the members online section at the bottom of the board index page). When contacting a moderator, they will need the whole story - including the information mentioned above. We don't promise miracles, but most of the time a moderator will help you straighten out whatever the issues may be.

Note that moderators have plenty to do both on RWG and in real life so please do not contact them until you have tried to resolve the issue yourself - contacting a moderator should be your last resort.

Sounds good

garebear

Thank you! This is super helpful.

jcgartner

Many thanks for your post. Very useful for noob like me :clap:

Intransit
On 05/09/2011 at 07:56, greg_r said:

This is really helpful, thank you! I do have a specific question about returns, which I do see mentioned here. On the bit about shipping reps back (emphasis mine) -- I've read that you want to avoid shipping back to dealer due to complexities of customs and logistics, and that some have recommended you get it fixed locally or work out some other deal. 

How do people generally work out when there are issues?

Thanks!