Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Okay, so what am I gonna do with this?

greg_r

Okay, I now have my PWC 'Ultimate' Fiddy, which is totally awesome (Review HERE).

But of course I still have this, my old-model $99 PWC Fiddy:

pam127_1.jpg

It's still a nice watch, although a little beaten up (some scuffs on the crystal here and there - nothing major), but I dunno what to do with it. I could:

1. Sell it. It's not as good as PWC's latest cheap Fiddy (has the wrong style of movement, being an H-series rather than E-series), so it probably ain't worth a lot. Maybe $50-ish (or $600 on RG ;)). Seems hardly worth the effort.

2. Keep it and wear it as a beater. Kinda pointless as I own about 20 watches anyhow, so am not short of 'beaters'

3. Convert it into something else - maybe put the movement in a PVD case, get a 203 dial for it or just use it for watchmodding practice - only problem being that I already have a couple of hobbies I don't really have time for, so when I'd get around to it is anyone's guess.

Suggestions....?

alphakazi

RWG VIP/Supporter giveaway ;)

phaedo

PAW? Or put it into the giveaways section?

greg_r

Hmm - if we were doing rep transactions on the board, I wouldn't even have asked. Giveaway it would have been.

I may even hang onto it until we decide whether we're gonna do that... good point.

phaedo

Just don't put it in the VIP giveaway section until I have some cash to upgrade!

alphakazi
Hmm - if we were doing rep transactions on the board, I wouldn't even have asked. Giveaway it would have been.

I may even hang onto it until we decide whether we're gonna do that... good point.

what was I thinking... must... sleeeeeep

greg_r
Just don't put it in the VIP giveaway section until I have some cash to upgrade!

;)

I'll bear that in mind :gunbandana:

KBH

If it has the swan neck, I have a great use for it. My 183H needs a movement.

If you interested I'll be happy with the deal you mentioned. Wink, Wink.

JohnG

Fuck this was owned by a Forum Admin, must be worth $$$$$ over at the Geek!

I also realized if you do a nice review of a watch, later you can post the link in your sales thread and it increases the value - kind of like selling a Manhattan property that was "featured in Architectural Digest" :lol:

KBH

I guess I sold that UPO from D4M too cheap.

And the 183 also came from him, originally from the world (in)famous TWP. Think how much that would be worth with Greg's movement inside.

greg_r

haha - sorry, but no swan neck on this one.

JohnG

haha - sorry, but no swan neck on this one.

pm sent -

phaedo

And the 183 also came from him, originally from the world (in)famous TWP. Think how much that would be worth with Greg's movement inside.

Hmmm, I have a 111h from TWP with a missing CG, maybe I should sell it for a huge 'rep history' profit :lol:

JohnG

Hmmm, I have a 111h from TWP with a missing CG, maybe I should sell it for a huge 'rep history' profit :lol:

Yes, these should definitely be listed as "time pieces of special historical importance"... that alone is worth a 50-100% markup.

sconehead

Just donate it to the 'Society for Chimpanzees with Outstanding Nubbins of England'...I can give you the address if you have compassionate nature towards a worthy cause... B)

greg_r

Nice try. No banana... B)

JohnG
Just donate it to the 'Society for Chimpanzees with Outstanding Nubbins of England'...I can give you the address if you have compassionate nature towards a worthy cause... B)

Nubbin?

Is that like a winkie? In the U.S. a "nub" is a little thing, like when your pencil eraser is "down to the nub". :rofl:

greg_r
Just donate it to the 'Society for Chimpanzees with Outstanding Nubbins of England'...I can give you the address if you have compassionate nature towards a worthy cause... :rofl:

Nubbin?

Is that like a winkie? In the U.S. a "nub" is a little thing, like when your pencil eraser is "down to the nub". :rofl:

It's the same over here...

Maybe it's a chimp thing...

B)

JohnG
Just donate it to the 'Society for Chimpanzees with Outstanding Nubbins of England'...I can give you the address if you have compassionate nature towards a worthy cause... :rofl:

Nubbin?

It's the same over here...

Maybe it's a chimp thing...

B)

Maybe he just wore that thing down to the nub! - from now on he will be known as "Nubbin". Imagine a hobbit, but without a weener.