Sign in to follow this  
gtwc

Should everyone own at least 1 gold-cased rep?

gtwc

Having resolutely stuck to s/s and Ti for all of my reps (so far) I am wondering if, as part of the

'rite of passage', everyone should own at least 1 gold / RG cased watch (bracelet optional, but I

feel that would be 'over-egging the pudding' and it is also the part that is the scratch / ding magnet.

Luthier (damn that man!) only got me thinking about this after posting those fuckin' fantastic pics

of that amazing watch .......The Patek 10-day Tourbillon (art deco case) in Red / Rose Gold. Apart from

the lack of an actual tourbillon (only visible in the dispaly caseback) and a couple of minor selling

mistakes on the engraved movement - it looks fantastic.

The nicest watch I have seen all year. The dial side is indistinguishable from the real thing.

So............gold or not gold? THat is the question.

Opinions please.

ps: I haven't yet progressed to chronos either 'cos a) would never use them and :) the less things

to go wrong with a movement the better, IMO.

KeNnY

I think yes, and I think it will be Gold Hublot from Robert, or Some gold Rolex or any other watch

SeanusMaximus

get something classy in rose gold, IWc portuguese for instance, im in the same boat and considering it.

Cynikal.Mindset

I don't think I will ever have a yellow gold or rose gold watch or piece of jewelry...I dont like the look

SeanusMaximus
I don't think I will ever have a yellow gold or rose gold watch or piece of jewelry...I dont like the look

I only agree in the sense that IMO - sporty functional and divers watches look fucking ridiculous, itd be like gold plating a tactical scope....completely impractical....but for dress purpose, a GOOD plated watch can look the dogs danglies!

Pob
I think yes, and I think it will be Gold Hublot from Robert, or Some gold Rolex or any other watch

Lol we are the same my friend ( same taste ) I can't stop thinking about that RG Hublot Robert posted few days ago! But im also afraid to buy RG!

Pob

But what is GOOD plated watch? How we know it is good plated and will not lose that to soon?

KeNnY

Lol we are the same my friend ( same taste ) I can't stop thinking about that RG Hublot Robert posted few days ago! But im also afraid to buy RG!

same here mate ! same here ! :) I was thinking also the SS case and Gold bezel

solkryssare

DW gold daytona would be the only one.

g.man

I have never liked gold jewellery or watches. Always been a silver/SS kind of guy...

...but this is just gorgeous...

po42rg_w.jpg

It will be mine!

Oh yes.

g.man

Pob

Me too :D but do you also feel that the combination ss an rg is somehow strange, not sure i like it? That is why i started to look at only rg more and more every day! At least 10 times a day :rofl:

SeanusMaximus

Me too :D but do you also feel that the combination ss an rg is somehow strange, not sure i like it? That is why i started to look at only rg more and more every day! At least 10 times a day :D

stalking it? :rofl:

Cynikal.Mindset

I once had a rose gold watch, wore it once and brought it back...I don't own anything else gold, my wedding band is platinum, earrings are white gold, chain is white gold, silver bracelet...gold it too "east-indian" if you know what I mean.

jdoe

Why plated? Get solid gold if you absolutely must have a gold watch.

opus9

I bought Roberts 'golden Bridge' from Robert. It is a very classy dress watch and gets more comments than any other watch I own....

SAM_0054.jpg

SAM_0062.jpg

Chiquita Fanjita

I'm not into gold myself and don't have any other gold jewellery, even my wedding ring is Scottish Perth silver (for patriotic reasons :lmao2: ), but I absolutely love this :D

leatherdaytona.jpg

wat44

No gold for me (it's for old men and gangstars!)

gtwc
I bought Roberts 'golden Bridge' from Robert. It is a very classy dress watch and gets more comments than any other watch I own....

SAM_0054.jpg

SAM_0062.jpg

I agree - nice+.

If I was still in work (I'm retired) that would be on my 'watchlist' ('scuse the pun) to wear at comapny jollies

and dinners - i.e. to piss people off and see them turn green with envy!!

Seriously, lovely watch.

gtwc
I'm not into gold myself and don't have any other gold jewellery, even my wedding ring is Scottish Perth silver (for patriotic reasons :lmao2: ), but I absolutely love this :D

leatherdaytona.jpg

The strap looks gorgeous !

Daytonas have never 'got me'.

Dendo

YES

HWG

Not into gold watches or jewelry at all. My parents bought me a gold Seiko when I graduated high school. It just sits in the watch box now, probably never to be worn again. I have seen some pics of gold watches, and some look good, but I would never purchase one for myself. But hey, to each his own (gold or not gold) :lmao2:

SeanusMaximus
Not into gold watches or jewelry at all. My parents bought me a gold Seiko when I graduated high school. It just sits in the watch box now, probably never to be worn again. I have seen some pics of gold watches, and some look good, but I would never purchase one for myself. But hey, to each his own (gold or not gold) :lmao2:

NO! what do you think this is- a free state?

communist-party-poster.jpg

greg_r

Yup. A gold watch or two (preferably RG) belongs in every collection imho (and that comes from someone who doesn't normally particularly like gold - even my wedding ring is white gold).

SeanusMaximus
Yup. A gold watch or two (preferably RG) belongs in every collection imho (and that comes from someone who doesn't normally particularly like gold - even my wedding ring is white gold).

i thought this was yours greg?

gay-wedding-rings-klp-2.jpg

(i was going to make an alternate joke about your ring..but it would probably sec8 the post :P )

Silverspeed

Why just one?