Sign in to follow this  
graman

An issue.

Baldrick

That's fake watches for ya :)

prestigewatchco

"I was to flu over to china and buy 1500-2000 watches for a dealer in the states, and that would have made me as much profit as I made selling my most expensive house I have owned. Yes, the profit margin is THAT much.

Now, if 50% refund is her best, perhaps she needs to dig deeper into her magic purse of watch funds, cause frankly, I KNOW what these watches sell for to the dealers, and believe me you, there is a gigantic ammt of profit per piece."

Would be interested to know your source for these that allow a gigantic profit on each piece! Mike

Seems the people who have been doing it for years are paying too much I for one can honestly tell you that the prices I pay for 2836/7750 watches are in the scheme of things a waste of time from a % point of view.

Also if it's so easy to go to China spend $300K and make a killing why are you fucking about repairing watches surely you should be buying these watches with gigantic profits in them and selling them.

I know I would be and employing a guy to fuck about repairing them while I made my fortune selling them.

It's always strange that the newer members and now dealers it seems have the source for the best watches at the best prices, while the people who actually do it for a living seem to be unable to find them. Not withstanding they have been doing it for 20 years or more in some cases they still seem unable to find the sources that new members and dealers find in no time.

wat44

my dealer makes a fortune

Cynikal.Mindset

LOL @ Mike

c'mon man...you should know better than this!

Baldrick
"I was to flu over to china and buy 1500-2000 watches for a dealer in the states, and that would have made me as much profit as I made selling my most expensive house I have owned. Yes, the profit margin is THAT much.

What's that smell....is it sheep....horse..smells familiar...ahh..I know, it's Mike :)

Also if it's so easy to go to China spend $300K and make a killing why are you fucking about repairing watches surely you should be buying these watches with gigantic profits in them and selling them.

+1m, Robert, he'd be better to invest 300k in buying rubies, emeralds and sapphires from some Golden Triangle Burmese generals, if only he could find someone to do the intro, any takers ?

MikeMcNair

Lol, you guys are CORRECT, thus my NOT taking the trip, but I was offered the deal by some wacky dude in NYC and I felt it too good to be true.

So baldy, chill.

Point is:

There is a decent profit in this biz (otherwize, Robert, would you take the chance?)

Hey, everyone works, and for a fee, that is totally acceptable!!!

But, when profit margins permit, for christ's sake, take car of your own!

That's all I'm saying.

As an aside, I talked to 3 people about flying over there and picking up stuff, all of which basically said "yeah, money, sure, arrested, definitely" so I did t touch it.

It was simply a reference. And mr baldrick, it's good to see you bustin my chops again!!! I missed it!!!

MikeMcNair
It's always strange that the newer members and now dealers it seems have the source for the best watches at the best prices, while the people who actually do it for a living seem to be unable to find them. Not withstanding they have been doing it for 20 years or more in some cases they still seem unable to find the sources that new members and dealers find in no time.

Not strange, I found you didn't I ??? :wub:

Pob

People it is going nowhere to fight like this :wub:

Baldrick
I was offered the deal by some wacky dude in NYC and I felt it too good to be true.

Sounds a lot like the 'too good to be true' deal that you organised for your po' ass buddies, which landed you in the shit.

Just remember...

"don't believe half of what you see and none of what you hear" :wub:

MikeMcNair
I was offered the deal by some wacky dude in NYC and I felt it too good to be true.

Sounds a lot like the 'too good to be true' deal that you organised for your po' ass buddies, which landed you in the shit.

Just remember...

"don't believe half of what you see and none of what you hear" :wub:

Well said sir, well said!

Yer spot on

bme

You know what I've learned over the years of collecting fake watches...........find someone to deal with whose mother tongue is the same as your own.

I now have one dealer.

BTW I hope that this is resolved quickly for you Gram. You have been the perfect gentleman and deserve to be treated as such.

dingle

resolution to this issue is underway......:D

graman

And so it is resolved!

Thank you Dingle!

Yes folks, Mary has risen to the occasion, and we have an agreement.

I received an email this evening when I came home from work.

Many thanks to you all for your interest in this thread, and support.

I believe that we've achieved the best possible outcome.

When all is completed, I will request that we close the thread.

Thankyou to all, and especially the mod team and administrators. :lol:

Monsieur_B
:lol::rofl::vomit:

sarmi

So I guess Mary is back to 100% positive feedback :D :yoda:

subiim

Perfect. This forum seems to be not only financially beneficial to traders but also subsequently a powerful resource for buyers

agntkerr

Very happy about this, Mary has been a shinning light for me.

Member X

Mary has always been good but I appreciate that she also doesn't want to lose too much profit, but it does feel a bit like the forums are a 'leverage tool' in such difficult situations...

...but then I guess that is the point - having a 'big brother' to help you out in a situation where you need some assistance, ultimately to the benefit of both parties. A few dollars saved on one 'bad' deal by any given dealer must be far less than the sum of the sales generated in the longer term by having a 'can do' attitude to problems ;)

Good to see it resolved :)

Luthier
Mary has always been good but I appreciate that she also doesn't want to lose too much profit...

Good to see it resolved ;)

I know it will be resolved, Mary is a Gem.

X, it's not about profit, trust me, I know it very well. It's about how difficult to independent dealer to fight with factories with returned watches. They know it's their shit, but they don't give damn about it. "Fucking profiteers!!!"... remember???

I know how much effort Mary put in it, and it's not always successful, the goal of the factory is to sell watches. Aftersales service - all on dealers. If a dealer buy tons and tons of watches for a long time, like Cartel - factories will do everything for them, but if it's individual dealer with small volume - they just don't care.

Anyway... I'm relieved. Problem solved.

Member X

This is true, Luth, of course ;)

I don't envy her!!

NFleischer

Yay! Honestly, Mary would be foolish after all this not to help you out. She probably will not make, and may even lose

money, with this deal, but it's worth it for there to be peace here on the forum.

MikeMcNair

well done ding and mary!!! proof once again, that we all are here for eachother.

that's why i like this place, its one for all, and all for one.

win win!

Caliper

Nice to hear this got resolved.

graman

This issue has now been officially concluded.

All arrangements have been finalised.

Thankyou to Mary, and thankyou of course, to the forum, for such wonderful support.

....the Mod team, in particular.

One last request: Mods, can we please close this thread?

Many thanks. :P

greg_r

thread now closed at the request of Graman.