Sign in to follow this  
meb

Two reps in need of repair

meb

Hey guys.

I own two reps: A BR03 (Mary - $198) and a Black Seal (Lawrence - $90).

Both are broken. The crown broke off the BS, possibly due to over winding on my part. And the BR's minute hand has come loose and just drifts around.

Is there someone you guys would trust to send these to for repair? Should I try to get Mary/Lawrence to help me? I like the watches and want to get them fixed.

Thanks for any advice!

MEB

stolikat
Hey guys.

I own two reps: A BR03 (Mary - $198) and a Black Seal (Lawrence - $90).

Both are broken. The crown broke off the BS, possibly due to over winding on my part. And the BR's minute hand has come loose and just drifts around.

Is there someone you guys would trust to send these to for repair? Should I try to get Mary/Lawrence to help me? I like the watches and want to get them fixed.

Thanks for any advice!

MEB

I use speedy who is a trusted watchmaker over on repgeek and wrist-check. I can give you his email if you want. He is very skilled and not to expensive. Mike Mcnair is a guy on this site but I don't think he is a trained watchmaker but plenty of guys here are happy with his work. I have not used him so I cant comment on his work.

Edited by stolikat

sconehead

...sounds like two easy repairs mate, a simple job of repressing the minute hand on and maybe a new stem. I'd send Mike a pm, he may be able to talk you through them if you're willing...;)

MikeMcNair

The crazy monkey is right, I don't want you to spend money if you don't have to (I know I want that same respect) That being said......

Mike Mcnair is a guy on this site but I don't think he is a trained watchmaker but plenty of guys here are happy with his work. I have not used him so I cant comment on his work.

My only training comes from experience, and I think (pretty much) at this point I have seen it all.

I would be glad to :

A) walk you through this over the phone/text/FaceTime/skype which is free of course, and I may be able to show you a few tricks with simple household items to fix the probs.

B ) walk you through it via PM/email, which is a little harder, but I think you'll get the gist.

C) repair it for you, and I work pretty dam cheap (see the link in my sig)