Sign in to follow this  
fletch1971

Question on Lume from a noob

fletch1971

I recently purchased a PAM286J from Timeshops.net. It is a fantastic watch and I have been wearing pretty solidly for a month now without it missing a beat.

As I don't know a lot about watches (other than what I like) I have a quick question about the Lume of my watch.

Below is the lume that has been used in the making.

"DIAL COLOR: Black Dial With Original C3 Super Luminova Applied on Markers and Needles"

This is not a complaint of any sorts as it actually glows like a beast at first but it lasts for a very short period of time.

Is this normal and how long should I expect?

Thanks for any help you are able to offer with this.

WebWind
This is not a complaint of any sorts as it actually glows like a beast at first but it lasts for a very short period of time.

What is very short period of time for you?

Post some pics. Full charge, after 1 minute 5 mnutes 15 minutes ....

KeNnY

Initial glow charge for around 1 minute, then slowly fades around 10-15 minutes and it is then stable for few hours.

fletch1971

Thanks for the responses and you have answered my question.

The 10 - 15 minutes as stated is around the time frame I am experiencing and as I said I really don't know much about the technicalities of a watch. At least now I know what to expect and am even more delighted in my purchase now I know.

Good question WebWind about how long is a short period of time as this very subjective. I am probably completely wrong thinking that the time frame I am experiencing is short.

I do have another question if I may.

Does lume charge only from direct sunlight or does artificial light charge as well? I ask this as I think the lume works better once i come in from outside.

Thanks

KeNnY

The photo luminescent powder is mostly activated by UV spectrum of light source. So Halogen light / Warm light source, that emits UV (warm light lines) spectrum will charge the lume to max. BTW the lume color can change, with the type of UV or other spectrum of light it will be charged. The best is sun, about 30 second in sun, will charge the lume really good, for artificial torch I can recommend 5 € UV lights, with 9/12 UV LEDs. Watch out, some on the EBAY are sold as UV lights but have blue LEDs not UV leds with specific light wave.

fletch1971
The photo luminescent powder is mostly activated by UV spectrum of light source. So Halogen light / Warm light source, that emits UV (warm light lines) spectrum will charge the lume to max. BTW the lume color can change, with the type of UV or other spectrum of light it will be charged. The best is sun, about 30 second in sun, will charge the lume really good, for artificial torch I can recommend 5 € UV lights, with 9/12 UV LEDs. Watch out, some on the EBAY are sold as UV lights but have blue LEDs not UV leds with specific light wave.

Thanks KeNnY, I appreciate your help with this. It charges pretty quick then from the sun.

Cheers

KeNnY

You are welcome buddy, yeah from SUN everything will charge quickly ! :D

Member X

I :D the lume on my 177M :D