Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Panerai 111h

greg_r

This is possibly the best watch I own. An 'ultimate' PAM111h, with Swiss Unitas 6497, working swan-neck regulator on a croco strap with deployant. I bought it from Ruby last summer for around $300.

The buying experience was slow, but great. The actual deal happened while the Chinese Olympics were going on - and to complicate matters, Ruby went on holiday the day after I placed my order. The upshot of this was that the whole deal took about 5 weeks from start to finish. As usual, Ruby sent me photos of the actual watch for approval before despatch, and she was very helpful generally during the purchase.

The watch itself is a delight. It's not quite accurate to COSC standards, but it's damn close, only gaining around 12 secs per day. The sandwich dial is sharply defined, with good lume, and the whole thing has a feel of sheer quality. It's hard to believe that this is a relatively inexpensive rep watch. The CG has a good profile and the lever is nice and tight. The crystal is sapphire with double AR and doesn't have the 'funky' AR colouring you find with some watches - it only shows a slight blue tint from some angles.

The strap is decent - almost identical to a BOB strap I own - but could be better. I currently have it on a gen rubber strap (with the rep deployant), but can see a StrapCulture strap in this watch's future.

Frankly, this is the best $300 I ever spent on a watch.

pam111.jpg

pam111b.jpg

pam111w.jpg

Edit: I've tried this on several straps, including BOB croc, gen rubber and a rep bracelet. The bracelet is a keeper, but I figured it would be worth updating this post with the pics for comparison:

On rubber:

111-rub-phone.jpg

BOB croc:

111_bob_160309.jpg

Bracelet:

111_bclt.JPG

oscarmadfish

very nice looking watch

tm reg not on that model ?

and of course i always like the date on my watches

also very nice strap greg

greg_r
very nice looking watch

tm reg not on that model ?

and of course i always like the date on my watches

also very nice strap greg

nope - TM REG is not on the CG on this version.

I used to be really keen on having the date, but lately I don't care so much. Given that I generally wear a different watch every day, if there's no date, at least I don't have to set it when putting it on :groucho:

The strap looks great, but isn't as comfortable as it might be. I must take some photos with the gen rubber - that's a seriously nice strap. I do prefer leather, however, so StrapCulture will be getting my business at some point :beer:

oscarmadfish

lazy fucker-i also wear a diff watch everyday but my winder holds more :beer:

greg_r
lazy fucker-i also wear a diff watch everyday but my winder holds more :beer:

Being a cheapskate, my winder only holds one watch......

Yes, I know... :groucho:

bene3

a very nice watch.

one that is definitely on the wishlist