Sign in to follow this  
schmooze

So Gen Rolexes aren't perfect after all.

schmooze

I purchased a 116610LN earlier this year from BK and was never quite happy with the Lume and will have a go at touching it up myself. I was looking for the type and colour lume used and came across this site. It seems someone just purchased a Gen and has the same Lume problem. The 2.5 loupe is also the OCD Gen Rolex owners worst enemy as well.

Both my 116610LN (BK) and 116610LV (PWC) look on par with their Gens.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?p=2111744

KeNnY

oh man, mine triangle is 0,01mm off !! I WANT NEW WATCH !! :vomit:

the bottom sub looks like the cyclops a bit off centre...

100_6982.jpg

:lol:

"The lume should be flawless. If not return it ASAP." :rofl: :rofl:

"( with a 3.5 x loupes there is a slight patchiness to the 12 triangle. It looks like a slight variation in thickness, tome it would be within tolerances since I haven' noticed it in 6 weeks. I likely wouldn't have if not for this thread. " ;)

LHOOQ

If I spent that much on a watch, I would gladly pay a little extra for the "License to be a dick".

powderfreak
If I spent that much on a watch, I would gladly pay a little extra for the "License to be a dick".

True! Honestly, you spend 5k+ on a mass produced piece of metal with a mechanical movement that has been sold more than 200.000 times... if you don't have the right to be really picky, who has?! If it were about reps, Kenny would be right, but not if it comes to gens imho.

"The lume should be flawless. If not return it ASAP." ;):D

You know what a service - including reluming/a new dial - at a Rolex AD costs? :thumbsup2:

g.man
You know what a service - including reluming/a new dial - at a Rolex AD costs? :thumbsup2:

Is it about £20?

powderfreak

Is it about £20?

More like a new rep...

examples

Or do you want to give your 5k+ gen to a modder?

g.man

I was just yanking your chain PF, but thanks for the link. Those prices are interesting and actually less than I would have guessed.

regards

g.man

powderfreak
I was just yanking your chain PF, but thanks for the link. Those prices are interesting and actually less than I would have guessed.

regards

g.man

Oh well ... :thumbsup2:

I must admit I expected more at first, but on the other hand it's not only the cost of the service. It's the fact that your (newly acquired) Rolex has already been opened and serviced because someone from the factory messed it up... that is comparable to loosing money, isn't it?

g.man

Indeed.

SeanusMaximus

Get an Omega instead :thumbsup2:

schmooze

After reading the Rolex thread, it made me realise some members especially on RG where they ask other members to pick Reps QC shots to shreds is unjust. I remember seeing a Gen DSSD for the first time and picking the gap betwen the SEL and watch case. The AD stated it was normal. My response was "is this a Rolex or a Bolux?, I'll buy a Citizen".

What actually annoys me is that how such a lume issue gets passed the factory QC let alone the AD QC, but not passed the forum QC.

Forums! what would we do with out them?, they're such a wealth of information.

schmooze
Get an Omega instead :P

Agree whole heartedly.

and maybe the occasional Citizen.

MikeMcNair

wow, that pic makes me angry, who the hell looks that close to the fucking triangle!!!!! gen or rep, "hand made" is HAND FUCKING MADE.

this thread makes me angry! rather, THAT thread posted above makes me angry, not this one. we actually have a clue, they, clearly, do not.

:P

Caliper

hahahaha! OCD at its best.

can you really spot that with the naked eye and not a macro zoom?

pamelo

I'm wearing one of those green subs right now. nice. The cyclops is lined up fine.

I have gen Rolexes and rep Rolexes with swiss movts. I'm very happy with the reps.

Especially the price difference. :)