Sign in to follow this  
seraphe

Aquaracer 500m Chronograph

seraphe

TAG Heuer Aquaracer 500m Chronograph CAJ2110

6138473301_acacb55dbc_b.jpg

I had never thought I'd add a Tag Heuer into my collection of rep watches. It's one of the brands that I'd consider getting a gen since it's still considerably affordable. It's funny but it was the loss of my Tag Heuer 2000 Exclusive Chronograph that sprouted my interest in the world of rep watches. I would have just gotten a gen Aquaracer to replace the loss but the quality of reps are so good today it has deterred me from spending too much on non-collectible gens.

'Non-collectible' it is, since it is one of the TH models that has gone so quietly through the WIS radar. At least similarly priced Carrera range are more popular and much sought after. Personally, I find the 500m range of Aquaracer designs more interesting and aesthetically fulfilling. It is partially due to my preference of dive watches to race chronographs. Within the 500m range, the chrono seems more serious looking compared to the date@9 non-chrono.

6139150498_ffe7d01d72_b.jpg

Hence I decided to give this rep a try. Ordered through Andrew and received the watch timely on Wednesday and wore it throughout the rest of the week on a business trip. Goes very well with smart casual and jeans.

Size: It's a large watch at 44mm. Though it doesn't wear as large as the similar sized Panerai 236, it is still considerably large due to the thickness. I'm sized 6.5" wrist. It looks large just because of the thick caseback vs the flat crystal+bezel top.

6139521872_17991e4ff9_b.jpg

6138474009_34b5e244b2_b.jpg

Case - Just as most luxury diver's watch designs, the case are both brush and polish finished. The crescent-shaped marks on HEV @ 10 are very nicely done and look spot on. Rehaut looks reasonably deep.

6138599209_c707d75c62_b.jpg

6138471847_b84b43b2c9_b.jpg

6138472167_3d31648f87_b.jpg

Dial - While I do not have the gen to do a side-by-side comparison, the details of the dial looks immaculate. One of the arrow ends of the "G" of TAG Heuer logo is present, but barely visible.

6138468919_7c868891f2_b.jpg

6138471567_5e7381087d_b.jpg

6138469739_68cacb706d_b.jpg

Bracelet - Just as the gen, the clasp looks and feels flimsy. Otherwise, the overall construction of the bracelet looks and feels great. Unlike the non-chrono WAJ2110, the midlinks are polished.

6138470363_da75195bf6_b.jpg

6138470931_96e77caf0a_b.jpg

6138595839_1ed981298b_b.jpg

Lume: Almost non-existent. I can see a hint of lume in complete darkness but nothing close to what I'd call 'bright'.

Edited by seraphe

olly593

Very Nice, congrats mate

houndoggie

looks really nice.

part_timer

Now that is a watch! :lol:

Dssd

What a beautiful watch I won't one

Where did you buy it and how much was it

Thanks

Paul

g.man

That's a very impressive looking rep mate. Enjoy. Quality photos you've taken there too.

Me, I blow hot and cold on this model. I'm quite tempted (and will probably take the plunge at some point), but the thing that really annoys me is the cyclops placement in relation to all the branding. I'm of the opinion it would look much better without a cyclops. It's like they've just tried to cram far too much into that one corner of the dial and the cyclops ends up magnifying all the wrong stuff unless it's viewed from perfectly straight above.

Still, as I said before, it's a very impressive rep and I hope you get a lot of pleasure from it.

+1

g.man

paulro

LOVE IT, great pics too

SeanusMaximus

Nice review, nice pictures and a nice watch! :lol:

agntkerr

Very Very nice, right down my alley. Where/ who did you get it from? how much and what movement is in it? Thanks and wear it well.

cvp3

I've been debating this one. These are by far the best pix I've seen of a rep' though. Thanks for the post!!!

g.man

Chap's pics really are stunning aren't they. The more I look at them, the more I want one.

:P

g.man

MikeMcNair

WOW!!!!!!!! i want one now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! beauty.......

must resist!!!

Luthier

The watch is very, very beautiful, indeed!

I'll definitely ask Mary for one, I hope she'll find one with centered and horizontally aligned cyclop.

Luthier

Seraphe, be careful with Photoshop, our guys will ask dealers for the watch with double pearl triangle.

:)

6138471567_5e7381087d_b.jpg

LeandroBR

Mate, because of your photos I have completely changed my mind about this watch!! Stunning pictures! :)

But I do agree with what g.man said about the cyclops...pretty much unnecessary.

seraphe
Seraphe, be careful with Photoshop, our guys will ask dealers for the watch with double pearl triangle.

:)

Hahah thanks for the pointer. In fact, it wasn't photoshop. It was the HDR of my iPhone camera. This shot was taken with multiple exposure for the HDR effect. No photoshop post-edit other than cropping on these pics.

Rav747

Great 1st post and pics to boot.

jcagara08

damn man your pix makes me want to get one! nice piece wear in good health

Luthier

Is it different factories? Fonts are different for sure - letters aligned differently, font different, etc.

Your thoughts?

TAG-1-1.jpg

opus9

fook me the quality of that is outstanding!!

Dssd
Is it different factories? Fonts are different for sure - letters aligned differently, font different, etc.

Your thoughts?

TAG-1-1.jpg

Hi did you contact Mary about this

I need one now and marys watches are great

Thanks

Paul

mackie-

Congrats! That's a nice Tag! I bought the "Ordinary" Aquaracer 500M from Mary, and it's absolutely perfect.

My best recommendations for these watches.

g.man

...must...stop...looking...at...this...thread.

:D

g.man

agntkerr

Your thoughts?

TAG-1-1.jpg

Hi did you contact Mary about this

I need one now and marys watches are great

Thanks

Paul

marys offering