Sign in to follow this  
powderfreak

Gen Armani AR-0144 broken...

powderfreak

Hey folks,

my gf's watch, a rather horrible (imo) Armani AR-0144 quarz just stopped working, AD confirmed that the movement is dead and wants 70€ for a new one.

Since the watch is more than two years old and costs less than 200€ I find that quite expensive.

Do you guys maybe have any idea where I could find a quartz movement myself that fits this model?

sol_ar0144_1.jpg

I will later try to open the watch and post a picture of the movement.

Still, maybe one of you knows how to find out what movement is inside without scratching the back with the wrong tools :D

Thanks!

Edit: Just to clarify - my gf went there alone and didn't write down anything nor take a picture of the movement. Not so clever, I know B)

Akira

I just opened up my gen Armani.

It has a Miyota inside, so should yours.

Those are most likely to purchase via cousinuk.com

All of them have a ref number engraved.

Hope that helps

flottiglia

+ 1 most of the Armanis seem to have Miyotas which are pretty cheap.There will be a caliber number on the movement then search Cousins or Otto Frei for one.It will probably cost less than $30.

MikeMcNair

i have seen those movements as low as 10 dollars in some cases, just open her up, find the number and order the mvmnt from ofrei.com or cousins as mentioned above.

OR, try a new battery and see if the AD was trying to pull a fast one :D thats what i would do first. yer gonna need a new batt anyway....

powderfreak

Thanks folks! Just opened her up and was able to confirm what movement I need. Great websites btw, saved me some time to find a supplier :D

@Mike: Good idea, gonna get a battery tomorrow ;)

MikeMcNair

Well? How'd it go?

Caliper

LOLOLOLOL!!! 200E to fix a quartz watch!!

Open it, look at the ref number of the movement, get a replacement and impress your GF on how you just saved 200 euros, take her to dinner with the money you saved and let her repay you the favor in bed that night.

:P

powderfreak
LOLOLOLOL!!! 200E to fix a quartz watch!!

Open it, look at the ref number of the movement, get a replacement and impress your GF on how you just saved 200 euros, take her to dinner with the money you saved and let her repay you the favor in bed that night.

;)

:rofl:

Well? How'd it go?

It was indeed broken, already ordered a new one with the help of another member here (so I didn't have to sign up at cousins). Will try to swap it myself or give it to a free (and cheaper :thepianohasbeendrinking:) local watchmaker.

MikeMcNair

Well done