Sign in to follow this  
Monsieur_B

Tag Heuer Pendulum PVD

Monsieur_B

After a long insane brainstorming I have decided to go for a Pendulum as forst purchase after registering to the forum.

I have already blessed Mary's name in watchinternationals feedback, she is awesome.

Reasons:

- I like Tag pretty much and when deciding to cheat on my all time fav Link I couldn't choose another "brand"

- The Pendulum is a huge piece of a watch and I happen to like that style a lot.

But let's move on to the real part.

When starting a review about this watch I cannot ignore a few facts which are:

- original movement is nothing like we have seen so far, regulated by magnetic fields and as like that no candidate to be repped ever. See below:

A montage from the original:

TAGHeuer_Pendulum_concept_HD_montage.jpg

By stating this I don't intend to compare the watch to the original, but will point out the main differences, otherwise I rather focus on the quality of this rep.

Case is 47mm PVD coated, and it's huuuge. :)

I have a wrist size which can only be compared to a mosquito's wrist so I had to get a bit used to the feeling.

Although it rests on rubber straps it weights a lot. First I was sceptic about rubber straps but this one really gives a strong secure feel and still does not look like a casio...

You cold see Tag Heuer engraved in the clasp if I could take a proper picture. :Whistle:

First thing I don't like is that buckle of the clasp is made of black plastic.

One weak point in quality feel is this.

IMG235.jpg

The dial.

Again, shitty pictures. :Whistle:

As the original this has got some liear pattern added but it can be seen bearly with the eye not as the on the gen. Still its a nice touch.

IMG228.jpg

I love the open window which lets the balance wheel to be exposed. It really makes ordinary people think different about this watch, I love how they have no idea about what they are looking at. :lol:

NOTE: The black and white "wheel" is only for decoration and it stands still (this is because of the above mentioned movement), beneath is the normal balance wheel which works as it should. Would be a nice touch to have the "fake" wheel move free by gravity but there is always a but... :)

The case is very close to the gen and has that shiny line on the sede as well, but not that vide although this is a detail which is bary noticed when seeing the watch in real life, at least when I received it I was positively relieved.

Interesting thing no. 2: The markings @6 and @12 on the dial seem to be aligned a bit off but the channel cut into them is correctly placed vertical (meh?) :blink:

IMG244.jpg

Let's check the back.

See through case back exposing the movement, which is not too detailed but I really like how it looks with just a few little add ons.

As you can notice its far off from the gen, but the people knowing the difference are either here or I don't beleive I will meet them ever. :lol:

IMG243.jpg

It just looks slick.

IMG242.jpg

No blue screws, just a nice solid movement. It seems to be very accurate as well, no issues experienced in the last 2 weeks, I just love it. :wub:

Some more pics:

IMG244.jpg

IMG234.jpg

General impression:

- If you are looking for a 1:1 rep go for a different Carrera.

- If you can appreciate a watch which is different, and you like the slick smart design of Tag Heuers this is something to go for. It's simple, great quality and has an amazing dinamic feel.

I simply love this watch for what it is, a very nice quality replica.

Thanks for checking!

Edited by egycsab

Monsieur_B

Damn I have an ugly hand on that pic. :lol:

KeNnY

Nice review Csaba ! :lol: Maybe I will get his version in SS also ! :lol:

Thanks for sharing !

Amit

i had this one for a while it was pvd and rose gold.

was really really nicely made watch i thought.

didn't have the crooked indices though

Monsieur_B

Thanks for checking fellas! :lol:

WebWind

Very nice!

I am waiting package from Robert with SS case Pendulum. I will post some pics after receiving.

Monsieur_B
Very nice!

I am waiting package from Robert with SS case Pendulum. I will post some pics after receiving.

Great, looking forward to that.

Ganman

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have to say to create a rep from an engineering marvel like the pendulum is amazing. I know the pendulum window is just for show, but I have been looking at this model as of late and was wondering how has the watch kept since you got it?

rootsrundeep

I just purchased the Pendulum from Lawrence at http://www.asiakrono.com/, I have only had the watch for about 30 min but I have to say it looks and feels great and i cant see any issues with it. Lawrence is great to deal with and I will now be ordering many more watches from Lawrence.

learn2beabum
I just purchased the Pendulum from Lawrence at http://www.asiakrono.com/, I have only had the watch for about 30 min but I have to say it looks and feels great and i cant see any issues with it. Lawrence is great to deal with and I will now be ordering many more watches from Lawrence.

Which version of the watch did you end up purchasing?I saw two sets on his site.. one with mineral crystal and the other with sapphire. A-6497 movement? Looking for some first hand experience with this watch. Thanks.

Which version of the watch did you end up purchasing?I saw two sets on his site.. one with mineral crystal and the other with sapphire. A-6497 movement? Looking for some first hand experience with this watch. Thanks.

Edited by learn2beabum

YoungGPS

In my country, I was able to buy mine in one of our malls. I am also very happy with it. Case is 47mm in Rose gold with matching rose gold clasp. Also with sapphire crystal.

WebWind

In my country, I was able to buy mine in one of our malls. I am also very happy with it. Case is 47mm in Rose gold with matching rose gold clasp. Also with sapphire crystal.

What country is it?

Don´t hesitate to post pics of RG Pendulum. I have got SS version on rubber strap.

IMG_1999-1.jpg

YoungGPS

What country is it?

Don´t hesitate to post pics of RG Pendulum. I have got SS version on rubber strap.

IMG_1999-1.jpg

Philippines.

YoungGPS

Sorry it took sometime for me to post.

My RG Pendulum

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

ljf6

Sorry it took sometime for me to post.

My RG Pendulum

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

Very Nice, where did you order from??

slkylucifer

Honestly, I can't really tell it's a rep. Most people won't as not many people wears a pendulum let alone see one in real life. Excellent choice of a Tag Heuer model.

Edited by slkylucifer

ljf6

Honestly, I can't really tell it's a rep. Most people won't as not many people wears a pendulum let alone see one in real life. Excellent choice of a Tag Heuer model.

It is my understanding that the Tag Pendulum is a concept watch and is not actually for sale. Can anyone confirm if gen Tag Pendulums are for sale?

Edited by ljf6

Wriggles

Yep, concept only, not released to market basically cos they haven't figured out how to ensure the magnetic materials operate within the correct tolerances in all temperature variations to ensure time accuracy.....or something

70ura

Nice watch, shame they are so big. For people with not very big wrists, this would look so awkward and out of place, but makes it a less common rep to be purchased though.

Edited by 70ura

Roser

Adding one of these to my list, they look nice.

Stea1th

anyone get a rubber strap that isn't plastic. my grand cerrera has the same plastic strap.

mmaibl2011

What an absolutely stunning watch. *added to list of dream watches! :-P

dvdkng

Sexy watch

coecoe13

Tag's are my favorite and I think this one is on the top of the list.

kayser2705

Added to my wish list!!