Sign in to follow this  
P_Diddy

Rolex SELs

P_Diddy

Can you change the SELs on a Rolex sub bracelet?

I noticed small gap on the sides, where the bracelet joins the watch head.

Advice anyone? :beer2:

johnny woozer

Advice anyone? :beer2:

Just this morning I removed the SEL from my GMTII. I wanted to see if the serialnr. was engraved in the watch.

Easy to open with a tiny screwdriver. Just push the pin. Replacing the same way (little more difficult).

I don't know how to remove the SEL from the bracelet.

AllergyDoc

The question is, can you find one that fits better? Loose-fitting SELs is one of the mainstays of reps.

P_Diddy

are there better older style bracelet for Sub [not the new oyster clasp] that will have better SELs fit and overall construction

anyone know, ie Noob bracelet etc.......

The question is, can you find one that fits better? Loose-fitting SELs is one of the mainstays of reps.

P_Diddy

Anyone heard of TW's best Rolex bracelet?

Who is TW? :D

johnny woozer

Mr. Thai Wan????

sconehead

TWB stands for Taiwanese Best, the Z serial TWB 'LV' sub I have has solid mid-links, incorrect to the gen but miles ahead in quality plus feel when compared to a noob bracelet. They were considered the closest to gen after modding a year or two ago...IMO, MBW,MBK and WM9's are all related to this watch in construction...

onzenuub

TWB stands for Taiwanese Best, the Z serial TWB 'LV' sub I have has solid mid-links, incorrect to the gen but miles ahead in quality plus feel when compared to a noob bracelet. They were considered the closest to gen after modding a year or two ago...IMO, MBW,MBK and WM9's are all related to this watch in construction...

Aha that was what you are looking for ??

3775304887_da57d047e0_o.jpg

sconehead

Advice anyone? :D

The sel can be changed as the link attatched to it can be split. A bit of a pain to do though...

sconehead

Tssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssk, Onze you threadcrapper... 4000+ quality posts??? :D

onzenuub
Tssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssk, Onze you threadcrapper... 4000+ quality posts??? :D

??????????????????????????????????????

JoeyB

Advice anyone? :D

The sel can be changed as the link attatched to it can be split. A bit of a pain to do though...

Yes, a huge pain. I tried on a GMT that had solid mid links that I want on my Retro which has the hollow ones. I used heat and it was still very head coming off and easy to scratch up. I quit after I got one side off. The sel used two pins to hold it together.

sconehead

We are discussing the finer points about Rolex reps, thenyou go and post a pic of a naked chimp pointing at a ladies 'special bits'...postwhore... :D

onzenuub
We are discussing the finer points about Rolex reps, thenyou go and post a pic of a naked chimp pointing at a ladies 'special bits'...postwhore... :D

And is that someting new over here?

sconehead

No...you photoshop that yourself?

onzenuub

No this one I didn't

sconehead

No this one I didn't

pic robber... :offtopic:

onzenuub

No this one I didn't

pic robber... :offtopic:

And is that something new over here? Think if I did one myself I would have been banned by now. :)

sconehead
We are discussing the finer points about Rolex reps, thenyou go and post a pic of a naked chimp pointing at a ladies 'special bits'...postwhore... :offtopic:

No this one I didn't

pic robber... :)

And is that something new over here? Think if I did one myself I would have been banned by now. :)

For 'Dude' shots... probably... :D

onzenuub
We are discussing the finer points about Rolex reps, thenyou go and post a pic of a naked chimp pointing at a ladies 'special bits'...postwhore... :offtopic:

No this one I didn't

pic robber... :)

For 'Dude' shots... probably... :D

Don't know what that thing is with the dude thing. Learn to speak Dutch all of you dammit.

sconehead

ott roop

onzenuub
ott roop

Think you mean: rot op.

sconehead
ott roop

Got it mixed up, I ask for this expletive in every foreign country I visit, last time I was in yours I was very drunk and those damn cakes they sell made me feel all funny... :wacko:

onzenuub
ott roop

Got it mixed up, I ask for this expletive in every foreign country I visit, last time I was in yours I was very drunk and those damn cakes they sell made me feel all funny... :wacko:

Must have been Granny's cakes. :)

sconehead
ott roop

Must have been Granny's cakes. :)

A family recipe passed down from generation to generation, what's the secret ingredient?