rgtourb.jpg

tirg1.jpg

KeNnY

60 JEWELS !!!!! :o

Antoine-Martin_Quantieme-Perpetuel_2325_Small_HD.jpg

Monsieur_B

wow, just wow

spboudart

I like the sporty look of the Blacksand, Hamilton and Longines are sweet.

Most of the other are bling: to be sold to jet-setters...

JohnG

Yup, a lot of very vulgar watches in there, sure to be a hit with the Russian nouveau riche.

powderfreak

Yup, a lot of very vulgar watches in there, sure to be a hit with the Russian nouveau riche.

+1

Baldrick

I'm quite partial to the Marc Brogsitter Art Deco / Girard Perregaux 1945 gold piece and the Cintree Curvex inspired Maitre du Temps tourbillon and chronometer :o

sure to be a hit with the Russian nouveau riche.

As usual John, I think you're way off-bat on that assumption, the majority of Russian oligarchs are little different from US or Chinese ones, most of them aspire to mundane pedestrian Rolexes,albeit emblazoned with plenty of bling, to match their diamond encrusted Vertu phones, there's nary a piece of bling in these photos and the brands are too obscure to appeal to almost anyone other than avowed horologists and WIS who are more fascinated with the technical achievements expressed :)

seclark007

It would appear that you and I have similar tastes!

S

houndoggie

The hammy.

AustinTech

Hammy.

The Longiness is OK, but a bit to mundane.

The rest are WAY to busy. I subscribe to the Japanese very of beauty, complicated effort is never beautiful.

Oh, and pumpkin bread is delicious.

trailboss99

I like the first one and the yellow Hanhart,

As Kenny said, 60 jewels??????????????? :rofl:

Baldrick
complicated effort is never beautiful.

I think you'll find that statement owes more to a Western viewpoint on Japanese art, otherwise explain Satsuma / Cloisonne / Urushi Nuri, not to mention highly decorated netsuke and 'complicated' inlaid bronzes !

As Kenny said, 60 jewels???????????????

Given that the majority of watches require no more than 17 jewels, the 60 jewel aspect is little different than the equivalent of exaggerated 0-60 times for modern cars, plus few cars require anything more than 100bhp, Elgin and Waltham started the 'jewel' count competition aspect way back in the early 20th century, going all the way up to 100 jewel in certain watches :rofl:

seclark007

While I agree with the concept of beauty in simplicity, I have to concur with Baldrick (which at times pains me :rofl: ). The ability to see through complexity to reveal the beauty intertwined therein is the mark of an artful eye.

Tits McGee
The hammy.

+1 Who's gonna rep that Hammy?

Baldrick
I have to concur with Baldrick (which at times pains me ).

Why does it pain you Sean,?......dun tell me, you take it all personally doncha :)

flottiglia
complicated effort is never beautiful.

I think you'll find that statement owes more to a Western viewpoint on Japanese art, otherwise explain Satsuma / Cloisonne / Urushi Nuri, not to mention highly decorated netsuke and 'complicated' inlaid bronzes !

As Kenny said, 60 jewels???????????????

Given that the majority of watches require no more than 17 jewels, the 60 jewel aspect is little different than the equivalent of exaggerated 0-60 times for modern cars, plus few cars require anything more than 100bhp, Elgin and Waltham started the 'jewel' count competition aspect way back in the early 20th century, going all the way up to 100 jewel in certain watches :)

Indeed they did and most of them were entirely without useful purpose !.I had a 56 jewel Schild movement at one time and the extra 35 jewels were stuck on the underside of the rotor to weight it !

I like the Hammy and the Hanhart but i'd still rather have one of their WW2 Luftwaffe chronos,i wish someone would rep that.

JohnG
I'm quite partial to the Marc Brogsitter Art Deco / Girard Perregaux 1945 gold piece and the Cintree Curvex inspired Maitre du Temps tourbillon and chronometer :)

sure to be a hit with the Russian nouveau riche.

As usual John, I think you're way off-bat on that assumption, the majority of Russian oligarchs are little different from US or Chinese ones, most of them aspire to mundane pedestrian Rolexes,albeit emblazoned with plenty of bling, to match their diamond encrusted Vertu phones, there's nary a piece of bling in these photos and the brands are too obscure to appeal to almost anyone other than avowed horologists and WIS who are more fascinated with the technical achievements expressed :paddy_beer:

Yeah, sure, the nouveau riche only wear Rolexes, that's like saying they all drive Ferraris. Sorry man, I have lived in Marbella long enough to know that is patently false. Plenty of them think having something obscure but ridiculously expensive automatically makes them a "serious collector". A good number of the watches above would fit the bill perfectly.

Baldrick

I bow in humble submission to the great God of horology Dien Bien Phu, who descends from Mt Olympus atop the Asturian hills and blesses us all with his collective wisdom and grace.....all hail :)

seclark007
I have to concur with Baldrick (which at times pains me ).

Why does it pain you Sean,?......dun tell me, you take it all personally doncha :)

I only take it personally when you corner me with logic! Especially when I attempt to craft a whitty reply and it backfires on me :paddy_beer:

...bloody english majors......

Baldrick

Did you mean a finely 'whittled' reply, or a 'witty' reply :)

powderfreak
I bow in humble submission to the great God of horology Dien Bien Phu, who descends from Mt Olympus atop the Asturian hills and blesses us all with his collective wisdom and grace.....all hail :)

:drool:

Baldrick
Plenty of them think having something obscure but ridiculously expensive automatically makes them a "serious collector".

The very fact that they can afford them, acknowledge their obscurity and the technical expertise involved hardly defines them as 'nouveau riche' but indeed and in fact does make them 'serious collectors' :thumbsup2:

dingle

nice watches :)

onionbag

I am drawn to the Hamilton Pan-Europ, it's very beautiful.

bme

One day I will buy a genuine DeWitt. Great watches.