Sign in to follow this  
alw

Policy when selling your reps

Baldrick

I hope you have them, but it's a forlorn plea on your part, I don't swing that way B)

gottahaverolex

Because of a few scammers I have dealt with in the past I will not accept a return or refund money for a watch. I am currently dealing with one "customer" that proceeded to wind the shit out of a certain watch that is widely known to die if you wind it. I won't go into details but I've had the watch for three years, always worked flawlessly, shipped in running and a day after he received it it was toast. I refused a refund and had it sent to McNair who proceeded to inspect it and tell me it was indeed fully wound and OVERWOUND. I paid more than I sold it for to get the watch fixed for this guy. I will never do this again. My watches are sold in excellent condition or they aren't sold at all. If you find a cosmetic flaw it's on you as I post pictures that would allow you to see these before you pay me. The seller always loses if they give in give a refund because you don't know what the buyer could have done to fuck up the watch. BUYER ASSUMES ALL RISK with a used watch as I am not responsible for how it was handled during shipping. Out of all the watches I've sold I only ever had this one single problem. If you buy from me you will see this clearly marked in my PM's to you once you commit to buy.

Wiz

I would take a watch back if it's DOA, or if it shows a problem just after arrival. After all, the buyer paiud for a working watch.

If after the watch is returned I open it and find out it has been overwound, or anything that is the result of a missuse, I'll resend the watch and not issue the refund.

But other than that, I guss I'll have it fixed or refund the buyer.

Ollifl

Here are basically two pages full of reasons why I rather not sell to members of watch boards, I'll buy from members don't take me wrong, and I'm happy to do it, QC is done mostly by the pickiest bunch of people I know and the watches are generally in the condition they were described by the seller. If you remember to ask questions like; is it waterproof, is it bomp proof, does it tick etc. you usually get an honest answer, cosmetics....oh boy.... I won't even get into, everybody should know, there's no 1:1 rep and to blow up a picture 10-20x and use a jewelers loop, you will find "stuff", gens are not perfect either.

If the watch worked and was packaged adequately when shipped, well, shit happens.... What's adequate? Internet is a vast place and we tend to draw our conclusions on but a "few" opinions; this guy can't be trusted, that dealer ships shit, doesnt answer e-mails, slow as hell, out of 100-1000 of watches sold daily, one post can ruin perfectly good guys reputation in a heart beat.....

What I'm trying to say, I guess, is, I have a shitload of watches in my closet, right next to skeletons, that are worthless pieces of crap bought from members, dealers and street people of all classes but I take it as a part of the business were on. Some I won't buy from ever again, some have made a deal and I'm still a customer.

I'm new here, so I've started using this board TD's like I choose my customers, with enough suspicion to make our government plush. I'll sell (or buy) to a person only if I feel comfortable with him/her.

I've bought a few watches from the members and dealers here, so far there's been the usual amount of DOA's, not exactly what I expected's and none perfect. Will I ever "coup" my money, to be seen. Still, I won't plaster it on the board unless it's a fraud and I can't pay my mortgage because of it, or see that same guy do it to another and then another.... Hasn't happened yet.

Funny thing is, most of the member watches we buy and sell member to member have been reviewed in the past (by the selling member nonetheless) all the good points and bad points are listed right there; erratic movement, works great if you don't hand wind :), needs a kick in the morning but runs good rest of the day, has a 2 micron scratch under the case back noticeable if you lift the third rotor and use a loop, it's all there..., Catch and release... You're taking a risk the other person didn't want to take, for a reason or another.

Ask before, I'll give DOA warranty when shipping, I'll give 6 month warranty FTF on movement if you want, but the price is different. I know members are not supposed to make profit on M2M sales, hence I really dont see the point of selling to members.

My hat is off to the trusted dealers here, for all the bull you have to take from us.

I know, I know, long as hell but I'm bored, again...

What this page needs is a picture of a DOA watch on a BOOB!

Cynikal.Mindset

REGULAR PRICE: $250

LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY PRICE: $2500

sounds good to me!

Ollifl
REGULAR PRICE: $250

LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY PRICE: $2500

sounds good to me!

Pretty much so :)

powderfreak

Use tons of bubble wrap and you gonna be fine :dingleberry-nemesis:

Turbo
I did rub my balls all over the watches I sent luthier though!

On the other, if you are a buyer and file a paypal dispute, you deserve to ass fucked by a polar bear.

My friend, you are rapidly becoming my favourite poster on this board!

:)

Turbo
put in a box thats too big is asking for trouble it needs to be in there tight so cannot move around

I hate it when the box is loose and things move around too much.

:)

Edited by Turbo

Bi-PolarBear
I did rub my balls all over the watches I sent luthier though!

On the other, if you are a buyer and file a paypal dispute, you deserve to ass fucked by a polar bear.

My friend, you are rapidly becoming my favourite poster on this board!

:popcorn:

+1

houndoggie
put in a box thats too big is asking for trouble it needs to be in there tight so cannot move around

I hate it when the box is loose and things move around too much.

:popcorn:

Like a broomstick in a garbage can?

Dendo
Here are basically two pages full of reasons why I rather not sell to members of watch boards, I'll buy from members don't take me wrong, and I'm happy to do it, QC is done mostly by the pickiest bunch of people I know and the watches are generally in the condition they were described by the seller. If you remember to ask questions like; is it waterproof, is it bomp proof, does it tick etc. you usually get an honest answer, cosmetics....oh boy.... I won't even get into, everybody should know, there's no 1:1 rep and to blow up a picture 10-20x and use a jewelers loop, you will find "stuff", gens are not perfect either.

If the watch worked and was packaged adequately when shipped, well, shit happens.... What's adequate? Internet is a vast place and we tend to draw our conclusions on but a "few" opinions; this guy can't be trusted, that dealer ships shit, doesnt answer e-mails, slow as hell, out of 100-1000 of watches sold daily, one post can ruin perfectly good guys reputation in a heart beat.....

What I'm trying to say, I guess, is, I have a shitload of watches in my closet, right next to skeletons, that are worthless pieces of crap bought from members, dealers and street people of all classes but I take it as a part of the business were on. Some I won't buy from ever again, some have made a deal and I'm still a customer.

I'm new here, so I've started using this board TD's like I choose my customers, with enough suspicion to make our government plush. I'll sell (or buy) to a person only if I feel comfortable with him/her.

I've bought a few watches from the members and dealers here, so far there's been the usual amount of DOA's, not exactly what I expected's and none perfect. Will I ever "coup" my money, to be seen. Still, I won't plaster it on the board unless it's a fraud and I can't pay my mortgage because of it, or see that same guy do it to another and then another.... Hasn't happened yet.

Funny thing is, most of the member watches we buy and sell member to member have been reviewed in the past (by the selling member nonetheless) all the good points and bad points are listed right there; erratic movement, works great if you don't hand wind :dingleberry-nemesis:, needs a kick in the morning but runs good rest of the day, has a 2 micron scratch under the case back noticeable if you lift the third rotor and use a loop, it's all there..., Catch and release... You're taking a risk the other person didn't want to take, for a reason or another.

Ask before, I'll give DOA warranty when shipping, I'll give 6 month warranty FTF on movement if you want, but the price is different. I know members are not supposed to make profit on M2M sales, hence I really dont see the point of selling to members.

My hat is off to the trusted dealers here, for all the bull you have to take from us.

I know, I know, long as hell but I'm bored, again...

What this page needs is a picture of a DOA watch on a BOOB!

+1

Great post mate!