Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Vintage Pam Homages

alphakazi
Great work all.

VDB you humble all of us, that is stunning!

John, those old MVTs are beautyfull works of art. You could easily just have a collection of MVts displayed they are so nice.

Col.

agreed, the movements are more interesting than the dials - I like your idea Col of having a a few on display

agostini67
That of course is PAM 2533, the first one, and only one is in existence.

Minimum two exists, there s a pic side by side... on paneristi

or here from the combo

IP6N1898.jpg

cheers helmut

houndoggie

or here from the combo

IP6N1898.jpg

cheers helmut

Really, I thought only one was in existence... I guess you would know, though. I love it!!!

alphakazi

Welcome to forum agostini67 - thanks for wasting a few minutes of my time staring at your avi

JohnG
Really, I thought only one was in existence... I guess you would know, though. I love it!!!

yeah, Paneristi's vintage reference page says

The first prototype watch, using a 47mm Rolex case with a Rolex movement and a Rolex winding crown, is called “2533â€. Only one piece was made, and it still exists today, using a “Radiomir†dial.

JohnG

I got some more info - only one 2533 reference number with BATONS DIAL. There is another 2533, but it has numerals.

Other batons dial - but was reference 3646.

greg_r

or here from the combo

IP6N1898.jpg

cheers helmut

Great pic - thanks for the info.

Welcome to RWG1! :morebeer:

JohnG

Okay so I fucked up!

I was searching "16" size movement. Turns out there is "16 ligne" which is EUROPEAN and just 16"which is AMERICAN".

The 16 movements are too big. I have to go with 8-10 American (and 10 may be tight fit, require modifying case or movement.

I did find a youtube video where a guy fits a Hamilton 921 (size 10 American) into a BP case like the ones that Getatwatch sells. He had to pull crystal and go in through the front - which made me wonder, how will he get it out later? :morebeer:

So the Hamilton 921 and 917 (lower grade of same movement - no swan neck, etc.) are nice movements, but they don't have the sexy engraving of the ones I was looking at before - they are too new I think. I will continue to look, older size 10 movements, Hamilton are very popular I will look for Waltham, Elgin, South Bend, etc... older ones with nice decorations. Small pocket watches like that are not that common so will take longer to find good working ones at good prices...

So now I own a nice working size 16 pocket watch that I never wanted! :D Will post pics when it arrives....

In any event, I also saw a 921 in a Pam Homage case, on WUS I think - pretty cool, the guy had blued the screws and the swan neck, so it looks very custom (though not vintage).

DSC01570.jpg

DSC01450.jpg

DSC01568.jpg

agostini67

on the left 2533

on the right proto 3646

there are three casenumbers between this cases so there might be more...

links2533rechts3646mitprotodialtren.jpg

trailboss99

Hey Ago, welcome mate! Allways great to have another expert on board. The more you guys hang around tyhe more we learn.

Col.

Dr.Manhatten

post of the year : how to install pocket watch movement into your Panerai Case!

Member X
Welcome to forum agostini67 - thanks for wasting a few minutes of my time staring at your avi

haha +1 on that!! :)

I bet those one or two-of PAMs are cheap though... :D

JohnG

Size 10 - 38.10mm

Will bid this evening - uncommon movement, but running and it is from my home town of Boston! :)

37384-3.jpg

Dr.Manhatten
Size 10 - 38.10mm

Will bid this evening - uncommon movement, but running and it is from my home town of Boston! :blush:

37384-3.jpg

wow thats sweet looking, nice find John! would something like this have to go into a 47mm case ?

JohnG
Size 10 - 38.10mm

Will bid this evening - uncommon movement, but running and it is from my home town of Boston! :)

37384-3.jpg

wow thats sweet looking, nice find John! would something like this have to go into a 47mm case ?

Would have to see - but in any event, the auction closed at more than I wanted to pay.... got some more coming up, hamilton, elgin, one waltham I think....

Dr.Manhatten

i realy dug that hamilton with the blue'd screws from the last page over, the one the guy inserted into his watch, it was a cross between old and new, with alittle style, very classy imo

The_Monkey

I've been thinking of something similar for quite a while, just haven't had any money to throw at a project that might work.