Sign in to follow this  
exec123

Can someone post a side by side wrist shot of the DSSD and the Sub?

exec123

I really want to buy the DSSD but Im afraid itll be way too big for me..

can someone that owns both take a big of them on your wrist and tell me your wrist size?

Also...how are the Daytonas? I hear theyre ticking time bombs..

What if I got one preserviced from Robert? Would that change anything?

Thanks in advance

also.. any comments about any 3 of those watches would be appreciated, ex: who to buy from

Crusader

Here you go.... Google is your friend this time :rofl:

(not my pic)

rolexdssdsdwristhorizont.jpg

mspangl

FYI that's a Sea-Dweller and not a Submariner.

Robert's pre-service would change alot. The graphite treatment makes the movement way more reliable. The bad thing about the 1165.. rep is that the case is too thick and the bezel is too bulky.

I'd suggest that you buy a 21j rep and hand it over to a modder who will freeze the big seconds hand. So you'll have a Daytona rep with correct sub-dial spacing and a thinner (more correct per gen) case profile - If you don't care about the chronograph function - 21j movement hasn't got a functional chronograph.

I hope this helped you :rofl:

Mystery Shopper

Sizes are about the same though. The DSSD is designed to go 3900m down while the sub is 300m. Thats alot of freeking atmospheres! Most recreational divers don't see much over 100m.

I got both of these from PWC (8" wrist)

SAM_1092.jpg

wat44

the DSSD is a fair chunk of watch (ive got it in SS and prohunter)

exec123

Scott how much did you buy it for from robert? and thanks for the pics! the dssd looks just right on u

and wat, how are the pro hunters? anything bad with the finish? im thinking of getting one too

crusader- thanks, what did you google haha,ive looked for it

Edited by exec123

Charleston

Anyone have any next to PAMS?

exec123

I found one earlier, I can try to dig it up for you, but the PAMS are noticebly bigger than DSSD from the pic I saw

Vachelon

Pardon me asking this question, not sure if it was asked before. Here goes... Which dealer has one of the most exact made rep for the DSSD/Sub?

Cynikal.Mindset

that comparo pic is kinda misleading to size of the watches since that is some anorexic hair 6" wrist or something.

pam vs dssd on "normal sized wrist"

image635r.jpg

markeym3

Hey , I just bought the rolex deal from robert , dssd , sub and a gmt real nice deal , check out prestige watch , for me my favourite is the dssd its that little bit bigger and suits my 8" (wrist that is ) the guys at work have the sub he has had 3 links out so about i think a 6" wrist and looks just nice , the ceramic bezels are pretty cool too ,, buy and enjoy ...marc

myaz
Pardon me asking this question, not sure if it was asked before. Here goes... Which dealer has one of the most exact made rep for the DSSD/Sub?

It is often asked and the search box will help you.

All dealers have access to the same watches. BK does additional mods that get them closer.

Look at this link from BK's Watch Garage

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6182

Then look at this from McNair and decide where your comfort zone is.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...nair,+dssd,+420

Dssd

You want to see a big watch look up Oris prodiver

I'm selling one

Vachelon

It is often asked and the search box will help you.

All dealers have access to the same watches. BK does additional mods that get them closer.

Look at this link from BK's Watch Garage

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6182

Then look at this from McNair and decide where your comfort zone is.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...nair,+dssd,+420

Thanks for the heads up! Greatly appreciated.

twall

I have a 7" wrist, and for me, the Sub is just perfect. I was infatuated with the DSSD (all the gizmos, gadgets, and gimmicks), until I found out the size. It's just too big for my tastes.

As far as who to buy from, I suppose it depends on what you want to spend. Myself, I get cheapies. I bought a really nice Sub from Timesshops for $79 shipped to the US, and it's my favorite. I got one from Silix, as well - and it's cool and all (a Coca-Cola red "Colamariner") but the movement and bracelet are really cheezy. If you're up to spending around $300, almost any of the Trusted Dealers would be okay. That's why their 'trusted'. :)

JohnG

Hard to believe anyone would find the dssd too big - I had one, sold it because it looked tiny.

exec123

Ahh thanks for the response guys. Thinking about buying a sub from TS or Mary, apparently they have "different" best subs with diff. prices.

-Oh, it seems like a lot of people have the same question? Pardon me, I must be irritating the masses and should be sent to the gulag with such amateur questions.

MikeMcNair

DSSD from Mary, buy it, love it, wear it. Done deal!!!!

twall
Hard to believe anyone would find the dssd too big - I had one, sold it because it looked tiny.

Well, if you have wrists the size of new toilet paper rolls...........I suppose it would be tiny. :popcorn:

g.man

The DSSD isn't overly massive. Here it is on my 7" wrist alongside a Pam187 and a Tag Cal16.

picture3vp.png

What I would say though is that the DSSD feels bigger than it actually is when worn, owing to it's significant weightiness in relation to it's actual size.

A watch is only perceived as the size it is in relation to the last watch you've been wearing imo. If I wear the 187 for a few days, then put on the DSSD it feels tiny. Likewise, if I wear my GMT2 for a few days then the DSSD feels massive. It's all in the mind.

regards

g.man

GreenTrees
Sizes are about the same though. The DSSD is designed to go 3900m down while the sub is 300m. Thats alot of freeking atmospheres! Most recreational divers don't see much over 100m.

I got both of these from PWC (8" wrist)

SAM_1092.jpg

Is the hour hand on the Sub correct ? It looks more like a DSSD hour hand to me.

Edited by GreenTrees

rsea
that comparo pic is kinda misleading to size of the watches since that is some anorexic hair 6" wrist or something.

pam vs dssd on "normal sized wrist"

image635r.jpg

Thankyou, exactly what Ive been lookng for!

Any chance of a height comparison?