Sign in to follow this  
Bosox

Bronzo Rep

bennykwa

homemade bronzo until...

6043a1d3.jpg

I want to know more about this one....Nice! Where did you get the case?

Edited by bennykwa

jessestone

any update on the Bronzo Panerai in real bronze yet has it been repped yet? great forum guys. Im attached..

Balad1

any update on the Bronzo Panerai in real bronze yet has it been repped yet? great forum guys. Im attached..

No Joy on it being repped yet :(

Balad1

Here's a brass gen I'm working on, trying to duplicate GBOGH's great looking watch.

Collectionforsale301.jpg

Collectionforsale298.jpg

Collectionforsale297.jpg

Collectionforsale299.jpg

Collectionforsale300.jpg

Collectionforsale302.jpg

Collectionforsale296.jpg

jessestone

wow how did you do it? where can I get one? im looking for a sub model.. looks awesome..

gB.

Here's a brass gen I'm working on, trying to duplicate GBOGH's great looking watch.

Give it a dip in regular white vinegar for a couple minutes. That will bring out the copper tones in it. That's what I did on mine if you are trying to get to a similar color tone.

:)

Balad1

Give it a dip in regular white vinegar for a couple minutes. That will bring out the copper tones in it. That's what I did on mine if you are trying to get to a similar color tone.

Now you fucking tell me :(

Just kidding, I got some chemicals from Serge and at first blush that's what I came up with.

As you and I know, if the watch was bronze rather than brass we could get a better patina on it.

Balad1

wow how did you do it? where can I get one? im looking for a sub model.. looks awesome..

The watch is sold out but the gen company has refurbs (like new) with a quality brown strap for $285. Email them if interested.

PS: The Bronze buckle is $30 extra

http://www.magrette.com/the-timepieces-regattare-brass.php

Here are watch photos prior to modding it:

iPonepics007.jpg

iPonepics023.jpg

gB.

Just kidding, I got some chemicals from Serge and at first blush that's what I came up with.

As you and I know, if the watch was bronze rather than brass we could get a better patina on it.

Yep, I have the same chemicals from Serge as well. I have yet to try them out yet though. Glad you provided the guinea pig testing.

sms

I haven't done anything to my magrettE yet but it is changing hue. In a case in my basement

Balad1

Yep, I have the same chemicals from Serge as well. I have yet to try them out yet though. Glad you provided the guinea pig testing.

The problem is that it's brass as we know and you can't get the green patina on it like the buckle.

I'm not totally satisfied with my results but will see how it wears in.

As we know it can always be Cape Cod clothed and started over.

gB.

The problem is that it's brass as we know and you can't get the green patina on it like the buckle.

Didn't Serge also provide you with the green patina chemical? I have some. :)

Balad1

Yes but it doesn't work on the brass watch, only bronze.

gB.

:huh: But the chemicals Serge has are made for brass fixtures.

molliFWM

anyone buy from this company yet they say its bronze?

http://www.sales-swi...tches-4471.html

There is no such Replica in bronze, only low quality reps in rose gold.

Beware of sites not listed here as trusted dealers!

Balad1

:huh: But the chemicals Serge has are made for brass fixtures.

It worked great on the buckle, easy money. I tried it 3 times on the watch, it discolors it but will not turn patina green.

trksh-bzr

What's All the fuzz? Just buy the solid bronze 382, which isn't gold plated, like greg has :giggle:

Serge D

Ted, if youre going to redo it over, add more water to the mix, it will make the solution work slower, so you have more time to see when to wash it off.

Its weird that green patina wont work on the case, i have used it plenty of times on brass and bronze alloys.

Hope your bronze watch isnt just bronze plating :giggle:

Looks good! Too good for a beginner ;)

Balad1

Ted, if youre going to redo it over, add more water to the mix, it will make the solution work slower, so you have more time to see when to wash it off.

Its weird that green patina wont work on the case, i have used it plenty of times on brass and bronze alloys.

Hope your bronze watch isnt just bronze plating :giggle:

Looks good! Too good for a beginner ;)

Thanks again for all your help, couldn't have done it without you.

jessestone

it says bronze not gold plated? i asked if anyone ever bought from the site before?

molliFWM

it says bronze not gold plated? i asked if anyone ever bought from the site before?

and I wrote.... forget it...

....buy and regret...

Edited by molliFWM

jessestone

....buy and regret...

molli you bought one from that seller? i guess its gold colored not bronze then? thanks

molliFWM

....buy and regret...

molli you bought one from that seller? i guess its gold colored not bronze then? thanks

Without wasting too much time there, I would say it's a pic of a Gen and reason enough

not to buy from that site.