Sign in to follow this  
Cynikal.Mindset

Word of Warning

Cynikal.Mindset

Hey guys just a heads up, if you ever have to clean the dial of a superocean abyss do not use rubbing alcohol!!! it will make the frosted coating on the indices bubble and flake off. I learned the hard way. It may also make the coloured portion on the dial bezel come away.

I was cleaning the dial of some smudges that rodico couldn't seem to take away and Kenny recommended using alcohol swabs which I did and worked great until I noticed one of the numbers on the dial had a shiny spot on it. SO! these indices aren't brush but just sprayed with a matte clear coat so they appear frosted. Since one was ruined I decided to remove the coating from the rest of the indices and it looks pretty nice I may add BUT then I also noticed some of my yellow was missing! GAH!!!!!!

The polished indices look better than the frosted IMHO but the dial is toast all in all and so I wait to see if Mary can get me a new one.

pic for reference.

imageibd.jpg

imagepgg.jpg

Be careful out there guys!

Wiz

Sorry to hear about your missfortune mate. Using chemicals on a watch dial is not exactly the best idea, especially on reps, since we have no idea what kind of paint/varnish/coating has been used by the maker. And unfortunately they can be very creative.

Cynikal.Mindset

Live and learn. It's all part of the "fun"!

nunu78

Somebody suggest the rubbing alcohol to fix the ceramic PO bezel problem.

Rockzz22

glad to know hope you can get it fixed

nunu78
glad to know hope you can get it fixed

Any suggestions?