Sign in to follow this  
Turbo

PAM253 - Mary vs Robert

Turbo

Both of these dealers are offering PAM253 replicas -- I'm curious what (if any) differences there may be between them?

This is the watch I am talking about:

IMG_5318.jpg

IMG_5319.jpg

I have seen some reps that have some blue screws in the movement, and others that have no colored screws. Is one of these more accurate to the gen?

houndoggie

Same watch.

Color of screws has to do with what was in the screw bin when the kid made the movement.

tesmith2112

You'll find the biggest difference is price...

prestigewatchco

3 versions of this watch

Normal standard old version $249

New version $279

Best current version $349 serviced

Turbo
3 versions of this watch

Normal standard old version $249

New version $279

Best current version $349 serviced

May I ask what the differences are between these 3 versions? And which version is pictured above?

Also, is the "best current version serviced" the same as the "new version" with a pre-delivery service?

Thanks for the help, Robert :rofl:

Edited by Turbo

prestigewatchco

Version 1 and 2 are different watches the later has correct blue hands and some other modifications

Best current version is better than the new version similar but has sapphire crystal with better AR and better CG

Kenny and Nunu's watches are the best current versions

Turbo
Version 1 and 2 are different watches the later has correct blue hands and some other modifications

Best current version is better than the new version similar but has sapphire crystal with better AR and better CG

Kenny and Nunu's watches are the best current versions

I am not sure who Kenny or Nunu are? I am new to the rep scene.

Which version have I posted pictures of above, Robert?

Luthier

You don't know nunu and Kenny???????????????????????????

Gulag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl:

Turbo

Gulag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, now - be nice and help a noob out here.

I said from the very first day I discovered this site (and reps) I would NEVER get a PAM. The first time I saw one, I actually threw up a little in my mouth. No, I am not joking.

Yet now SOMEHOW you sick bastards have all corrupted me and have me lusting after them as well. Thanks for that guys.

Anyways, if you're going to pass your sickness on to me --please-- at least help me get the best PAM rep for my money :rofl:

Cheers! :popcorn:

Edited by Turbo

KeNnY

Gulag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am KeNnY and nunu hope will turn out here as well :popcorn:

I have the PAM253 pre serviced and it is amazing watch !!! Really gen like, colourless AR sapphire crystal, 50+ hours power reserve ! Simply super watch for the money ! Even my GF said "this is the best and nices watch you have!"

SO if you want chick magnet watch, get the Ultimate pre serviced version, what will hold it price for many months (if you will plan to resell it)

vinnie007

Gulag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

I am KeNnY and nunu hope will turn out here as well :)

I have the PAM253 pre serviced and it is amazing watch !!! Really gen like, colourless AR sapphire crystal, 50+ hours power reserve ! Simply super watch for the money ! Even my GF said "this is the best and nices watch you have!"

SO if you want chick magnet watch, get the Ultimate pre serviced version, what will hold it price for many months (if you will plan to resell it)

Kenny where did you get it?

houndoggie

turbo, it's an amazing watch. The crystal is really fantastic and the lume is great!

Pob

Gulag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Whistle:

Lol

You have to read everything before asking :)

KeNnY

Gulag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Robert - Prestigewatchco

Turbo

Hi Kenny- glad to meet ya :rofl:

Is it possible to post some pictures of your PAM253 (and maybe some lower grade reps) and highlight the areas Robert mentioned above where there is a difference?

I looked at the pictures from Mary (above) and can't see a difference between them and other 253 photos I've seen here :boobies2:

Bi-PolarBear

Gulag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, now - be nice and help a noob out here.

I said from the very first day I discovered this site (and reps) I would NEVER get a PAM. The first time I saw one, I actually threw up a little in my mouth. No, I am not joking.

Yet now SOMEHOW you sick bastards have all corrupted me and have me lusting after them as well. Thanks for that guys.

Anyways, if you're going to pass your sickness on to me --please-- at least help me get the best PAM rep for my money :)

Cheers! ;)

Buddy I'm right there with ya. It wasn't until I started looking into the Panerai history that I started to become intrigued by them, and I'll be damned if i don't want one now.

shugg99
Hi Kenny- glad to meet ya ;)

Is it possible to post some pictures of your PAM253 (and maybe some lower grade reps) and highlight the areas Robert mentioned above where there is a difference?

I looked at the pictures from Mary (above) and can't see a difference between them and other 253 photos I've seen here :)

If you search online you'll find pictures showing the differences between the CG, AR and crystal is self explanatory.

Personally it's a no brainer which one to get i.e. the pre serviced one with the upgrade, as you've been given personal recommendations, with a price difference of $70

KeNnY
Hi Kenny- glad to meet ya ;)

I looked at the pictures from Mary (above) and can't see a difference between them and other 253 photos I've seen here :)

hi mate,

my pictures

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=16962

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=16966

Turbo
Personally it's a no brainer which one to get i.e. the pre serviced one with the upgrade, as you've been given personal recommendations, with a price difference of $70

The difference is actually closer to 100$ or about 40% more moo-lah :)

OK - this is Kenny's watch from the thread above:

s6302503.jpg

s6302504k.jpg

And here is the one Mary sells:

IMG_5319.jpg

IMG_5320.jpg

I see no differences in the Crown Guard between these 2.

Mary has already told me her model has sapphire crystal, colourless AR and super-lume on the markers.

What am I missing here?

Edited by Turbo

Ollifl

What am I missing here?

Mainly this pre serviced, rest of the stuff I wouldn't care

seoulbrova

How is the strap. Can this be ordered with a stee bracelet? l

schmooze
Hi Kenny- glad to meet ya :)

I looked at the pictures from Mary (above) and can't see a difference between them and other 253 photos I've seen here :dingleberry-nemesis:

source some images of the gen and check out how good it is, rather than where's the differences.

Gen watch details are changing all the time. You could have 2 x gen models from different batches and they will change. Expecially after they have just been released. They get tweaked here and there and especially for different cultural markets.

Turbo
source some images of the gen and check out how good it is, rather than where's the differences.

Gen watch details are changing all the time. You could have 2 x gen models from different batches and they will change. Expecially after they have just been released. They get tweaked here and there and especially for different cultural markets.

Good point on top. I will try and source some gen pictures of the model and take it from there.

I wasn't aware of your second point. I guess these aren't exactly "high production" items, are they? Of course I'm talking about GENs here - :Praying:

cogwatch

OK, noob here. What is "pre serviced?

cogwatch

Oh yeah. Really curious, why did Turbomget banned? What gets you banned?