Sign in to follow this  
seoulbrova

DELETED

seoulbrova

DELETED

Edited by seoulbrova

vinnie007

How much was this one? And how is the (carbon) black with scratches, can you see the silver titanium?

Thanks

powderfreak

I hated Cartier... until I saw your pictures :lol:

seoulbrova
How much was this one? And how is the (carbon) black with scratches, can you see the silver titanium?

Thanks

Just got this two days ago so no idea as to how it will hold up. The gen has DLC and the rep is PVD...so far so good, but ask me again once I bump it against something.

If you mean how uniform the coating is, then it's excellent. There aren't any spots where the titanium is showing through.

This was $420 and it's 'supposed' to have a Swiss ETA, but I haven't opened the caseback to see. An asian clone movement isn't even an option for this watch as non of the dealers I contacted could source one (I was hoping to save some money opting for the clone).

WatchMe007

Thanks

Just got this two days ago so no idea as to how it will hold up. The gen has DLC and the rep is PVD...so far so good, but ask me again once I bump it against something.

If you mean how uniform the coating is, then it's excellent. There aren't any spots where the titanium is showing through.

This was $420 and it's 'supposed' to have a Swiss ETA, but I haven't opened the caseback to see. An asian clone movement isn't even an option for this watch as non of the dealers I contacted could source one (I was hoping to save some money opting for the clone).

I have same watch and really like it. Extremely durable in my experience.

Unique. Dresses up and down.

mianos

Good story. Interesting how the 'sub-super-rep' has those errors in the dial text. I immediately looked down at my 'super-rep' from Robert before I scrolled down to the other photos and can see exactly what you mean with the extra space between the X and XI. It's interesting that they can't seem to have copied it even from the cartier web site. The text mine is amazing, it has heaps of depth. Does anyone know hey they do it?

Silverspeed

Very nice....taht Santos looks great!

Bibicu

Beautiful watch...nice detail observations! it would be nice if a TD would make a thread with only ultimate reps...specs and prices.

NFleischer

Tha's pretty, I think nicer than the SS Ult. I have

seoulbrova
Good story. Interesting how the 'sub-super-rep' has those errors in the dial text. I immediately looked down at my 'super-rep' from Robert before I scrolled down to the other photos and can see exactly what you mean with the extra space between the X and XI. It's interesting that they can't seem to have copied it even from the cartier web site. The text mine is amazing, it has heaps of depth. Does anyone know hey they do it?

Considering the amount of $ I was about to drop (I ordered two of these), I wanted to make sure I knew every detail on the Gen before ordering the rep.

The first picture was the original QC pic that the dealer sent me, so I suppose if I wanted to save money I would have okayed the shipment.

I'm pretty sure at a glance, no one would notice the details, and even then how many people actually know what to look for?

Still the extra money was worth the small differences to me.

Also, most dealers seem to have the sub rep as being a 1:1 copy (2009), but clearly it's not. Also the SS version has the same dial and crown guard problems.

myaz

Great review. Thanks for taking the time to point out the differences. Having the stone stick out less will also keep it out of harm's way.

subiim
:custardpie: