Sign in to follow this  
tah

Rolex Case Back Tools

tah

I've looked and looked so if this is obvious....................sorry.............

Saw someplace, either this Forum or another where they were selling Rolex Case Back Tools.

Any help?

vexorg

along the top of the screen just under the nice picture of the pam there is a link to the RWG Shop, you'll find everything you need there.

tah
along the top of the screen just under the nice picture of the pam there is a link to the RWG Shop, you'll find everything you need there.

Thanks, I knew I'd seen it somewhere!

tah

Anyone understand how to get in touch with these folks?

When you click on "contact us" you get the following: Contact Us

This can be managed under Documents - Site Documents in the admin control panel.

I don't see anything that looks like this in my CP.........

I placed an order yesterday and haven't heard anything. Also I "screwed up" my order and need to make some changes.

I've got some econo 21J Rollies with fake Helium Valves I need to address before my son and I can wear them. Therefore the need for the tools.

Thanks.............

Edited by tah

trailboss99

tah, just PM me

tah

I got all my tools yesterday, quite a box full of stuff.

The store was out of the case back tools with the "T" handle so they sent me the more expensive set with the DSSD die and the "round" handle.

That's all well and good and I do appreciate it, but none of the case back tools fit ANY of my reps.

They're all too small for my Watch International DD, Trusty Time DJ, BK Ceramic Sub or my PureTime McQueen Explorer.

Seems like if you're selling tools to Rolex Rep buyers you'd be selling the ones that would fit & work?

Anyone know the proper size dies I'll need so now I can go through another two to three week process before I can work on my watches?

I've got three watches in route from Silix and wanted to waterproof them when they arrived..............

Ollifl
:lol:

anthonyd

tah,

While you are waiting for the proper caseback tool can I suggest you try the following:

1. Take a nice large piece of blue-tack and amke a ball with it.

2. Now press this ball firmly onto the back of your rolex paying attention to the edges more so than the center.

3. Now with your fingers press firmly onto the outer edge of this ball just over where the caseback threads would be and twist.

Voila, you should feel the caseback turn. You will also feel the bluetack giving but I have found this always gets the caseback open unless someone has done something like loctite it in place.

You will be amazed how well this blue-tack trick works and it pretty well guarantees not to mar the watch at all, if anything it will remove any dirt in the process :lol:

Should see you good to go untill the correct tools arrive, or, if you are like me you might realise this is good enough for your average home job and just stick with it.

tah

Oh I can get the backs off with a racquetball.........

What I want the tools for is to get the backs on tight so I can achieve some degree of waterproofing.

tah

OK, I jumped the gun a little bit on this one.

The 29.5 tool (biggest one in the set!) actually does fit two of my watches, the 41mm DJ and my BK Sub.

I made the mistaken assummption that the Vintage McQueen Explorer, since it has a smaller case, would have the smallest case back, NOT true. It and the 41mm DD seem to be about the same and over 29.5mm.

My bad, I should have tried the tools to all my watches BEFORE commenting.

My apologies to anyone, but I'm going to need the next one or two sizes up to fit all my reps.......

Edited by tah

MikeMcNair

You want tight? Or to get a tough back off?

Glue a knife blade (superglue) to the case back, let dry, twist.

Snap blade off of caseback when done.

Remove excess with acetone (nailpolish remover)

I do this on gens, and it's flawless.