Sign in to follow this  
mr-z

need help plz!!! with franken daytona project !

mr-z

hi all

im a new noobie .. looking to make my first franken super rep of daytona ss/g with champaign face ..i really dont know where to start

have been in ebay looking at gen face and bezel and crowns and pushers and after market real gold and steel bracelet and glass .. im not sure which movement if i can find one or use the 9@sec hand and what about the case ?? could some1 please point me out in the right direction ?? i will be doing my post of pic as soon as i start

thank you

g.man

I'd guess that DW is your man for Daytona related builds. Have a look at his subforum here.

welcome aboard

g.man

Luthier

Come over to our GTG in London, we'll explain everything to you.

:)

mr-z
Come over to our GTG in London, we'll explain everything to you.

:)

sorry just a noobie gtg ?? ohh i know what u mean where and when is the gtg in london???

Edited by zorrolondon

mr-z
I'd guess that DW is your man for Daytona related builds. Have a look at his subforum here.

welcome aboard

g.man

hi thanks for the link but its not working ???

g.man

Cheers robznet. My internets are spazzing out bigtime at the moment.

regards

g.man

mr-z
Cheers robznet. My internets are spazzing out bigtime at the moment.

regards

g.man

16520 or 16523 or 116523 im not sure which 1 would be the most accurately rep .. but i want to make the 2 tone stainless steel and gold version all advice would very much appreciated

1. case?

2. movement?

3. strap?

4. hand and crown and pushers?

5 . dial ?

6. bezel ?

i think that cover everything

andygt

My advice would be to buy a second hand gen - building a 16520 is an expensive and laborious task especially as it seems to be your first build.

Eiderdaus
My advice would be to buy a second hand gen - building a 16520 is an expensive and laborious task especially as it seems to be your first build.

+1 my friend

mr-z

@andygt

i will source all the part .. have a watch smith to do all the work ... a good second gen is going to be about £6k plus ... im sure can make franken version for about half the price if not a little bit more ???

andygt

Don't underestimate how much work your watchsmith will have to do - the el primero you source may not be a perfect fit for the case and require some work to make it fit. Also the Rolex hands may need work to get them to fit too.

And when all is said and done you still have a 3 or 4 grand fake watch that is still not a gen. and is only worth a fraction of what you paid.

If you still want to do it then have a look at http://www.jewelryandwatch.com/index1.html and http://ndtradingcorp.com

You'll still need to source an el primero movement from ebay - a donor watch is the most likely source and it wont be cheap.

Don't say I didn't warn you....

powderfreak

@andygt

i will source all the part .. have a watch smith to do all the work ... a good second gen is going to be about £6k plus ... im sure can make franken version for about half the price if not a little bit more ???

So? You get a franken (which is nothing more than a fake in the eyes of some collectors) and paid more than half the price of a gen?! Seriously, if you have 4k to invest now, save up and pay a bit more imho...

mr-z
Don't underestimate how much work your watchsmith will have to do - the el primero you source may not be a perfect fit for the case and require some work to make it fit. Also the Rolex hands may need work to get them to fit too.

And when all is said and done you still have a 3 or 4 grand fake watch that is still not a gen. and is only worth a fraction of what you paid.

If you still want to do it then have a look at http://www.jewelryandwatch.com/index1.html and http://ndtradingcorp.com

You'll still need to source an el primero movement from ebay - a donor watch is the most likely source and it wont be cheap.

thanks andy for the advice !! i will have a real good think about the whole project and price up accordingly

will post my progress

mr-z

thanks andy for the advice !! i will have a real good think about the whole project and price up accordingly

will post my progress

could i use this movement ...Chronograph Watch Zenith 400 Movement el Primero???