Sign in to follow this  
Ntmf

Panerai: Very difficult what to look for...

Ntmf

Edit #5 (at 20:16):

Changed watched 320 to: 328L with a7750 (Reason: No sunken date wheel and not correct working 2nd timezone on 320, free ss-bracelet on 328)

===================================================

Edit #4 (at 20:09):

Deleted watch PAM 236: Just realized it is almost like the 196

Edit #3 (at 19:26):

Deleted PAM 210: (Reason: waiting for h-factory superlumed PAM 380)

- changed description of PAM 320 to:PAM 320 Ultimate (no sunken date wheel, correct date font)

Edit #2 (at 19:18):

- Added watch #7: PAM 320

Edit #1 (at 18:22):

- deleted PAM 243 (waiting for ultimate Version)

- changed watch PAM 251 to: PAM 196 (with a 7753 movement on steel bracelet)

- changed description of PAM 177 to: PAM 177M (hfactory - Platinum plated movement - Swan Neck)

- changed description of PAM 288 to: PAM 288 Ultimate

- changed description of PAM 253 to: PAM 253 Ultimate

Dear friends, after finally realizing that I can have all (!) Panerais I am interested, for the price of one one Gen, I am very happy that I have found this forum.

I already am (almost) sure which ones I want to get, but I need your input because it is all a little bit too much information for me.

I want to order the following watches:

1. PAM 253 Ultimate (if not available: PAM 283, or 212)

2. PAM 196 (with a 7753 movement on steel bracelet)

3. PAM 177M (hfactory - Platinum plated movement - Swan Neck) (if not available: PAM 176)

4. PAM 288 Ultimate

5. PAM 328L with a7750 (no sunken date wheel, correct date font)

I know I should look for:

- Noob or H-Factory

- High Beat movements

- No "stickers" on the moment (like H-factory has done with the latest PAM 111)

- Swan Neck if available

- Flush CG-Pin

- Flush BP

- No sunken date-wheel

- Right font on date-wheel

Has anyone further informations on which unit I should take or who delivers it?

Due to the fact I only want good Reps (the best are modded, as far as I understood) it is quite a bit of money I will pay for these 7 watches - and I want to make sure they are really nice.

So, what are your suggestions?

Edited by Ntmf

houndoggie

Pam 253 ultimate with sapphire crystal, superlume.. Robert has these for sale pre-serviced.

The PAM 251 and PAM 236 you want with the A7753 movement. Any dealers can get them. I say check out the 224 with a7753 as a wild card. Also, I like the PAM 196 more than the 236 because of the polished bezel and silver hands.

New "hfactory" PAM 243 is due soon... wait for this one.

Any new PAM 177M with superlume will do. they are in the $200-$250 price range. I prefer the hfactory, but some don't like the movement. Wildcard: PAM 176M or PAM 112M

Nothing really good on the PAM 210 front that doesn't require some modding. I like the watch though, so I bought a $70 toro bravo special and plan to relume it.

PAM 288 ultimate is the bomb. Order from robert for this one.

greg_r

+1 to every word HD said.

houndoggie

My collection is this: very similar to what you want.

PAM 196 with a7753

DSC04927.jpg

PAM 224 with a7753

DSC04931.jpg

PAM 253 ultimate

IMG_1645.jpg

PAM 112 h-factory

DSC04933.jpg

PAM 176 h-factory

IMG_1640.jpg

PAM 210 cheapie

---no picture---

PAM 312L a7750

IMG_1632.jpg

PAM 024a from DSN

IMG_1607.jpg

I am holding out for the new PAM 243, 305 and 372.

spboudart

Some of the latest 177m came with the platinum plated movement, they're much better if you can get you hands on one.

g.man

Any word on how long we're going to have to wait for the 305?

regards

g.man

houndoggie

regards

g.man

the word is before christmas.

NCRich

Nice collection HD!

Ntmf

@houndoggie

Great Collection - I just found out, that I like your 196 even more than the 251 I wanted to chose in the beginning :-D

Now I need to update my first post with the new useful information!

Edited by Ntmf

g.man

regards

g.man

the word is before christmas.

:Praying::Praying::Drinking2: :Drinking2: :Drinking2::beerjump: :beerjump: :band:

greg_r

One number: 382. :Praying:

Ntmf

Will this be available together with the 243 ultimate by h-factory? That would be too cool!

In that case I have to get both!

houndoggie

Will this be available together with the 243 ultimate by h-factory? That would be too cool!

the 382 will likely follow the 305, if they do it.

Ntmf
Nothing really good on the PAM 210 front that doesn't require some modding. I like the watch though, so I bought a $70 toro bravo special and plan to relume it.

Sorry my english is not that good, so I am not sure if I got it right: Is the 210 good or bad?

Is the 210 much worse than the 183(black seal)? Or will the 183 be better? Which 183 should I chose than (there are g, h, i but none with swan neck?!?

Thank you very much for your help!

Member X

To the OP, if you're going to order then I would order a couple at a time rather than all in one go.

No dealer would guarantee to re-ship that many watches if they were lost or seized!

Also, clarify with Robert or the dealer(s) you order from what his/their re-shipping policy is. Dealers do not lose many watches to customs / the postmen, but if you are making some big orders then you will want to be clear whether you are guaranteed delivery or a refund if delivery / trans-shipment via UK fails, or if you would lose the watch(es) and money.

If you are looking at PAMs, though, take a look at the ceramic 292K from the H-Factory... :Praying: :Praying:

Ntmf

the 382 will likely follow the 305, if they do it.

Sorry I mixed up 305 and 243. Those triple numbers drive me mad ;-D

In this case - I need all three!

Ntmf
If you are looking at PAMs, though, take a look at the ceramic 292K from the H-Factory... :Praying: :Praying:

To be honest: The 292 and the 111 are already on their way both by h-factory.

I wrote a mail to Robert yesterday but did not get an answer yet. I hope he did not get frightened by my wish to order so many watches at a time.

Thank you for your advice regarding shipment issues, I will try to clarify this.

How many time Robert usually needs to answer emails?

houndoggie

Sorry my english is not that good, so I am not sure if I got it right: Is the 210 good or bad?

Is the 210 much worse than the 183(black seal)? Or will the 183 be better? Which 183 should I chose than (there are g, h, i but none with swan neck?!?

the current crop of 210 and 183 aren't as good as the great PAM reps we see lately. Best to either wait and hope a new superlumed 210 comes out or buy an already modded used one. You will be much more likely to find a nice 183 rather than the 210 because they are more common.

There is however, word that PAM 380 is coming from H-factory, which is similar to the 183.

pam380_01.jpg

Ntmf

While looking at your pictures I realized there is an 312... I really like the Gen 320 is there one without the sunken date wheel and properly functioning (read: adjustable) 2nd timezone? How is this model called? Ultimate?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Ntmf

Ntmf

the current crop of 210 and 183 aren't as good as the great PAM reps we see lately. Best to either wait and hope a new superlumed 210 comes out or buy an already modded used one. You will be much more likely to find a nice 183 rather than the 210 because they are more common.

There is however, word that PAM 380 is coming from H-factory, which is similar to the 183.

pam380_01.jpg

If both the 210 and the 183 are not so good, it is a good reason to save the $ for a real superlumend keeper. I really thought, the 183 is almost the same as the 292 by h-factory.

I just do wonder how I find out, when the 380 comes out? It will be my first logo Panerai btw.

Edited by Ntmf

houndoggie

While looking at your pictures I realized there is an 312... I really like the Gen 320 is there one without the sunken date wheel and properly functioning (read: adjustable) 2nd timezone? How is this model called? Ultimate?

Thanks for your help!

the 320 rep is not nearly as nice as the 312. the 320 date is more sunken (the 312 is pretty good, similar to gen) and also the gmt does not function like the gen. It is adjustable but runs on a 24hour cycle, not 12 like the gen. I'd recommend the 312L over the 320. If you like bracelet then the number is 328L.

houndoggie

Thanks for your help!

the 320 rep is not nearly as nice as the 312. the 320 date is more sunken (the 312 is pretty good, similar to gen) and also the gmt does not function like the gen. It is adjustable but runs on a 24hour cycle, not 12 like the gen. I'd recommend the 312L over the 320. If you like bracelet then the number is 328L.

also, get the 328 anyway instead of the 312l, then sell the bracelet if you don't want it (going rate is about $60, which is more than the price difference between the 312 and 328).

Ntmf

Thanks for your help!

also, get the 328 anyway instead of the 312l, then sell the bracelet if you don't want it (going rate is about $60, which is more than the price difference between the 312 and 328).

Thank you for your advice - so I will order the 328. Do you know how the make the "non-sunken" date wheel? Is it a 7753 Movement?

Is the correct number for the watch 328l then? Or just 328?

Edited by Ntmf

houndoggie

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for your advice - so I will order the 328. Do you know how the make the "non-sunken" date wheel? Is it a 7753 Movement?

I don't know... not a 7753 though. 328L with a7750 what you want to ask for.

Ntmf

Thanks for your help!

I don't know... not a 7753 though. 328L with a7750 what you want to ask for.

Thank you very much, I think now I got everything I need to know (see edited first post)

One last thing, I did not dare to ask because I never saw it anywhere: Is there anywhere a 317 (Luminor 1950 Chrono Monopulsante 8 Days GMT Ceramica) available? I believe not, right? This thing looks so unbelievable ... sorry no word for this :-D Just the greatest watch on earth, but I have never seen it anywhere (well, I am just looking for PAM Reps since a week or so).

Edited by Ntmf