Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Another record on RG!

JohnG

Noob's FIRST post on forum:

First Post - I'm making 15 3646 Case Sets

I've made 2 case sets of this model and they are exactly identical to the real vintage cases. I'm getting ready this week to build more. I have enough stabrite steel to make 15. The only thing I have not done on my cases is stamp the Rolex name, etc. I do have the proper stamps for numbering though. I make them all by hand and age them correctly. Even Ferretti couldn't tell the difference! I make the crowns and tubes, the brass ring, the plexiglass crystal all by handwork.

I'll be redoing the bridgework on cortebert movements later this summer so let me know if anyone is interested in those too.

Have fun guys and remember, if you're going to wear a REP, make it perfect!

http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=72455

After getting pestered, finally posts price:

$2,500 for a complete case set. Dial, hands and movement are not on the list until late summer. It takes 3+ weeks for each case.

The interesting thing is supposedly you have to have 100 posts to sell on the forum.... or VIP status. He has neither.

:morebeer:

VDB

bad guy

first in genforums and after problems with admins...go to repforums and want profit make in this

this is not acceptable

i go everyday in repforums and presentation news,work,specials...

homage is homage and is a very special part and i want fun or typs or watches from me only for the guys from this

the guys from repforums make me and not the big money gen-guys...

KinCaidk

I read the complete thread yesterday.

Unbelieveable!!

As JohnG told the masses: you're so fucking gullible!

phaedo

I find it rather amusing, normally people get banned when trying to push their scam sites, yet here we have members (and even a mod) moist in anticipation. Weird.

agostini67
Noob's FIRST post on forum:

The interesting thing is supposedly you have to have 100 posts to sell on the forum.... or VIP status. He has neither.

:morebeer:

it has nothing to do beeing a noob or somebody unknown wants to sell something...

The Point is that the guy tryed this on Gen forum too, with different login and telling phantasy stories...

so what is his true intension... making quick money? for a good looking but easyly shaped piece of alloy

i pull my hat only the half way down, to pull it complete down it has to be of steel like Kevins

everybody who ever worked on both materials knows the differences...

by the way the thread is cooling down on post, but still explosive

helmut

trailboss99

He hand makes the crystals????

Yeah, riiiight! It would have to be some case at that price. You can buy the utter best from J&W cheaper!

Col.

JohnG
I find it rather amusing, normally people get banned when trying to push their scam sites, yet here we have members (and even a mod) moist in anticipation. Weird.

EXACTLY. Some dude (noob) came in yesterday, posted four watches for sales, promptly removed, this guy come in, and because he has (or will have, maybe, he says, it the future) something the older (more experienced) crowd wants, they trip all over their own erections trying to get in first! :) If the dude had written the same post, but selling a $99 case, he would have been deleted in two seconds.

onzenuub

Dammit, just see this, wanted to post something like post reported, violation of boardrules etc and now thread is closed.

greg_r

OMG. At first I thought it was a gag....

shakes head sadly....

trailboss99

I gave them a heads up in the interfora mods forum. That may have brought it to the attn of someone over there with enough whiles to realise something was wrong. Mentioning that VDB thought he was bad and had been chucked from gen fora prob helped as well.

Col.

greg_r

Good move, Col - I don't care how well-made those cases are, at that price they're a ripoff.

JohnG
I gave them a heads up in the interfora mods forum. That may have brought it to the attn of someone over there with enough whiles to realise something was wrong. Mentioning that VDB thought he was bad and had been chucked from gen fora prob helped as well.

Col.

But J-C was IN that thread! :) The mods/admin wanted that watch just as much as anyone!

JohnG

HE'S BACK!

Posting pics and everything...

http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=72627

DSC00113.jpg

greg_r

oh brother...

pic is laughable and proves fuck all. If I was in his position and trying to prove my veracity I'd be taking care to post photos of the whole process, not something that appears to be a fairly vintage gen case plus some partially-worked blanks.

.... this looks like it's gonna run and run....

:blush:

JohnG
oh brother...

pic is laughable and proves fuck all. If I was in his position and trying to prove my veracity I'd be taking care to post photos of the whole process, not something that appears to be a fairly vintage gen case plus some partially-worked blanks.

.... this looks like it's gonna run and run....

:)

And they're OFF!!!! Someone is going to meet this clown even after projectologist and mrbigandwonderful contacted gen forum, got the full story:

The markjohnson saga.

After a weekend of research and communication with others in the know, here's what I found is going on.

A guy acquires a gen vintage Radomir from his uncle who was a watch collector, and posts up pictures of it on the gen forum in a effort to find out some information about it. He finds out it is worth a lot.

markjohnson who does watch restoration sees the post and contacts "the guy", telling him he can restore it for him. "the guy" agrees, sends 5K and the the watch to markjohnson.

While markjohnson has it apart, he gets the bright idea to photograph it and post here that he built the case himself, and will build 15 more. First guy (real owner) is informed about what is going on, is upset and wants his 5k and watch back...

markjohnson continues to try and sell cases and watches to members here through email even though he can not provide any pictures besides the few he took of the one watch that we know for sure to be gen, that is not his, which he claims he built.

He can not provide pictures because I don't believe he ever built any vintage homage watches.

He is a clever guy and has an answer for everything even though they don't make sense.

I was very careful in my research and I am sure of my conclusion.

I sincerely hope no one here has sent any money to him.

Here is the thread where they are going to meet him (as if con-artists never work in person and his willingness to meet proves he is okay):

http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=72662

onzenuub

Just did read the whole thing, just crazy.

greg_r
:)

And they're OFF!!!! Someone is going to meet this clown even after projectologist and mrbigandwonderful contacted gen forum, got the full story

(snip)

yeah - saw that.

As far as RG's attitude to the whole deal goes well, what a bunch of assclownery...

agostini67

you guys are better than the sheep on RG

VDB

bla bla bla

MJ ok or not...

in genforum cancelled and after in repforum want profit

this sounds for me:repforum-2.optional or peoples 2.class

JohnG
you guys are better than the sheep on RG

They say "you can't bullshit a bullshitter!" :)

Unreal how no one has put a stop to this guy trying to peddle his shit - if he were selling a $99 Pam, they would say, "you don't have 100 posts, you don't have VIP status! Out spammer!!!" But like a good con artist, he has something people want SO bad they are willing to suspend disbelief....

trailboss99

synopis for those of us who don't geek?

Col.

JohnG

Col.

The guy says someone at RG contacted PP and that PP contacted his last customer, who now wants his money back. Then someone said, "why were you giving your PP address to members here?"

Then he says, "I didn't" and gives some weird story. His shit don't make sense, he won't answer direct questions, this guy is a piece of work. I REALLY hope we can lure him over here! ;)

And dude, you gotta register so you can read this shit, it is priceless!

greg_r

Col.

1. Newbie posts on the geek saying that he has the best rep radiomir cases anyone has ever seen for sale. No photos no price

2. After much goading he puts up a pic that looks like a gen radiomir case + some partially turned blanks

3. He claims to be hand-manufacturing crystals too. Those with brains cry 'bull!'

4. Some digging turns up that he's been banned from gen forums for playing the same game under multiple accounts.

5. Some more digging suggests that he offered to fix some guy's gen radiomir, took it apart - and that's how he copied the case. Other reports suggests that the guy who owned the radiomir is still trying to get his watch and his money back

6. Fanbois at the Geek jizz their pants repeatedly

7. Somebody at the Geek manages to get a price out of him: $2500 :thud:

8. Fanbois continue to jizz pants

9 Despite the fact that this guy has not been at the geek long enough to sell (according to their rules), the mods cheerfully ignore this. MJ protests that he's not the scamming sack of shit that a few cooler heads believe him to be, and the mods seem to take his side.

10. A meet is mooted between MJ and Geek staff.

11. Pant jizzing continues...

Clear now?

;)

alphakazi

too much jizz at the geek