Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

New Week Wristies w/c 3rd August 09

alphakazi
i dont get what is so bad about IE - or great about firefox?

firefox is free open source software - IE is made by scamming software giant

the main difference being that thousands of independent programmers work together finding security holes before they're exploited - M$ is out to make $

firefox is faster, more secure, has thousands of addons, has more web viewing area, tab browsing that IE just copied recently and it's free and free can't be beat :)

edit : just checked out the latest stats

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

houndoggie

firefox is free open source software - IE is made by scamming software giant

the main difference being that thousands of independent programmers work together finding security holes before they're exploited - M$ is out to make $

firefox is faster, more secure, has thousands of addons, has more web viewing area, tab browsing that IE just copied recently and it's free and free can't be beat :)

edit : just checked out the latest stats

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Lots of great add ons really customize the browsing experience. Mouse gestures and no squint are a couple of great ones.

greg_r

What kazi said: I.E. isn't even remotely standards compliant (there are all sorts of rendering/display issues) AND it's desperately insecure - far too many ways to exploit its weaknesses - you can pick up malware just by opening the wrong web page, I've seen it happen.

I.E. is now banned on our corporate network. Whether you use Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera or whatever else, I'd strongly advise ditching I.E. (Chrome would be my personal preference on Windows, but it doesn't matter what you use, so long as it isn't IE).

oscarmadfish

likeing that longines and ayrton senna tag

greg_r
hmm - I was actually wondering whether it was something to do with the headers on his jpegs...

Just a thought, kazi, but you might want to reduce the resolution of your photos to 72dpi before posting - I'm wondering whether 180dpi + photobucket is the problem. Hard to tell as I don't have any problems viewing your photos in either Safari or Firefox, but there ya go...

I'll look into it but I have noticed this myself - at times some pics won't show up even after refreshing but then shows up next time I visit the thread.. something funky going on. I noticed this with posted youtube vids as well... I'll leave it at 72dpi and experiment a bit but I don't see how the the print res affects display - something funky going on with how hosts read the header...? - I'll experiment a bit because you're usually right ;)

Well, 180dpi is too high for screen res, so the browser is doing extra work trying to figure out the correct size for display - I'm wondering whether that plus some hosting weirdness (compression maybe?) is causing the image header to get garbled..

greg_r

Getat 47mm Radiomir today:

rad_homage_070809.jpg

houndoggie
a4e5a6fe.jpg

Member X

Wearing the Parnis again today ;)

Need to get 3 extra holes added to the BP strap due to my girly wrists ;)

Then I need to see how much it is to send it back for tweaking! lol

JohnG
Imagen005.jpg

AllergyDoc

Robert's 111h, serviced and superlumed by Rex, on a HKTan gator strap:

3580448338_5d49f2d4aa_o.jpg

3579636747_b2047748d8_o.jpg

3579636709_dc36a509f2_o.jpg

Edited by AllergyDoc

alphakazi
hmm - I was actually wondering whether it was something to do with the headers on his jpegs...

Just a thought, kazi, but you might want to reduce the resolution of your photos to 72dpi before posting - I'm wondering whether 180dpi + photobucket is the problem. Hard to tell as I don't have any problems viewing your photos in either Safari or Firefox, but there ya go...

I'll look into it but I have noticed this myself - at times some pics won't show up even after refreshing but then shows up next time I visit the thread.. something funky going on. I noticed this with posted youtube vids as well... I'll leave it at 72dpi and experiment a bit but I don't see how the the print res affects display - something funky going on with how hosts read the header...? - I'll experiment a bit because you're usually right ;)

Well, 180dpi is too high for screen res, so the browser is doing extra work trying to figure out the correct size for display - I'm wondering whether that plus some hosting weirdness (compression maybe?) is causing the image header to get garbled..

hmm, maybe I'm misunderstanding this thing - the way I knew it was that dpi is the setting for printer resolution regardless of image resolution - if you have a low res pic and set high dpi, it would only interpolate the pixels during print - no new data is introduced to the image file, so a 640x480 image will display as such regardless of it's dpi setting... if I store a 640x480 500dpi image with 500kb size and then a 640x480 72dpi image, it has the same 500kb size

:D *goes back to the drawing board* :D

@John, I like what watch - did you review it already?

houndoggie
Robert's 111h, serviced and superlumed by Rex, on a HKTan gator strap:

3580448338_5d49f2d4aa_o.jpg

3579636709_dc36a509f2_o.jpg

I like that strap!!!

AllergyDoc
I like that strap!!!

Thanks. It's great, even if it's a tad long for me (you can see I'm on the last hole).

Best of all, it was free! Aaron had promised me a freebie years ago when he took 2½ months before sending some custom straps. I got all the usual excuses I've seen so many people complain about on the fora. "I thought I mailed it already." "It's going out tomorrow, I promise!" Etc., etc. He never sent the freebie, but I was so happy to get my straps that I never complained...

Until I did on RG. He PMed me and offered a pre-made strap. I picked this gator strap and got it in a week.

alphakazi

what a Beaut!

Harley357

Orange UPO for Sunday :boobies:

UPO-8909A.jpg

UPO-8909B.jpg

greg_r

Lookin' good, Harley. Just realised I haven't posted one today...

Just knockin' around at home, so wearing this quartz cheapie:

tagslr070709.JPG

houndoggie

b51c0569.jpg

95313b0b.jpg

onzenuub

Next week:

3800389901_4048aa4e5a_b.jpg

greg_r

Love the Tag, Onze...

Very tempted by the Grand Carrera RS8 that Robert is offering at the moment ...

onzenuub
Love the Tag, Onze...

Very tempted by the Grand Carrera RS8 that Robert is offering at the moment ...

Just buy it, your wife will say yes.

alw

Yes, nice strap Doc! I too have Aaron´s straps on my Pams and they are of exceptional value. What I´ve learned is that you should never try to save money on straps - always buy the best (even if they cost more than the rep they´re attached to :lol: )

oscarmadfish

looking awesome onze

the watch not you

onzenuub
looking awesome onze

the watch not you

Thank you.