Sign in to follow this  
spboudart

Most of my collection stolen

Member X
Cunts

That sums it up nicely in one word.

Cynikal.Mindset

geo-tagged digital images will be the death of many...

Balad1

Sorry Brother, what a nightmare and shock.

Otek

Im deeply sorry for your loss brother..I hope you will get something back in return..and punishments will be waiting for those punks sooner or later.

Wiz

Fucking scumbags... Damn that sucks mate, I really feel sorry for you... :D

Monitor ebay and leboncoin to see if any of the reps pops up.

spboudart
Monitor ebay and leboncoin to see if any of the reps pops up.

Did it and will again.

gtwc

Reading 'further between the lines', I wonder if these little fuckers could have accessed RWG and seen the great collection

on offer here via the 'my collection' thread?

Even pics of the outside of the house.

I'm sorry if I sound nasty, but we live in a rotten fucking world right now.

But I am very glad that no-one was hurt ('specially not the cute dog) and no damage caused.

Sorry again for your loss.

powderfreak

Having someone breaking into your house is just sooo fucked up. Hope those wankers get caught!

Inushuk

Really sorry to hear this ...

Good thing is nobody were in the house and gets hurted .... has it happen to a friend of mine ...

and +1 on Wiz .... keep an eyes on those sales....

Aren

This sounds like someone who knows you. Was anything else disturbed? Sorry I didn't finish reading the thread. Visit the local pawn shops to see if anyone tried to pawn something. They must believe the watches are gens. A pawn dealer won't be deceived. The also have CCTV and would have video. Make a reward and put posters where kids hang out. If anyone of your neighbours has CCTV check with them for footage.

I hope they catch the perpetrators. If no electronics, computer equipment, TV's wifes jewelry etc were touched, this is someone who knew about your watches and had a very specific motive. Don't rule out young women and relatives.

Sorry this happened to you. This is awful and the feeling of being violated is like rape and will undermine your security. This may be someone who knows your dog. Even a friendly beagle will bark at strangers.

gottahaverolex

This is one of my worst nightmares realized. I hope they get caught and get what they deserve. Having your personal life violated like that is just plain horrible. Sorry this happened to you, stay positive.

jdoe
For my last b-day, my wife got me a puppy and the guy is supposed to keep the house when we're at work:

I have to admit that is not too scary.

Ask wife for a bigger dog for next birthday!

She call me to tell me that my whole collection was gone, 21 watches were stolen.

Again proves the advantage of reps over gens, the loss is lower when you loose them.

My wife put away all the rep boxes and called the cops, no fingerprints were good enough for anything, but they've seen that the sliding door was forced and put it in their report. I have the bill with pic from the AD were we bought the 177 last year, the 12 year old bills for the Breitling and Hermes, hopefully the insurance will pay enough for me to be able to purchase back a new Pam 177, but I think I will have to totally forget about the Breit and Hermes.

As for all the reps, a little over 3000$ worth of it, I can stick it up my a$$.

What? The Police isn't going to catch them? Aren't they suppose to protect you, and failing that catch the criminals? Don't tell me that they just filled out some papers so you can claim the insurance, and showed absolutely no interest in catching the bastards? Haven't you faithfully paid your taxes so that the State will protect your person and property?

Now, honestly rate the security provided by the State (0-10)?

Edited by jdoe

Cap Rostron

What little Bastards?

This happened to us some years ago & it was little kids who left tiny footprints in the snow & Cops just said... Don't keep all your valuables in the same place!

Try telling this to my wife when we're going out for the evening... All I then got was... Where's my fecking bracelet?... Where's my fecking watch? nag nag nag

I gave up in the end a bought a safe.

I'd love to string them up by the feckin balls

jdoe
I gave up in the end a bought a safe.

No tin box in the market that will resist much more than 30 mins. Sorry, but you need more than just a box.

If you want real security I suggest you think about 3 components in this order:

1. Detection (ie alarm system)

2. Delay (Safe)

3. Response (ie guns)

If you miss any component you have no security, but rather have fooled yourself into a false sense of security (which is what most want anyway, that feeling of security).

agntkerr

That would be my worst nightmare! Sorry to hear it happened to someone else.

spboudart
Reading 'further between the lines', I wonder if these little fuckers could have accessed RWG and seen the great collection

I've posted pic of my house on here, and another French member who live close recognize it, it's pretty visible from the street.

NFleischer

Again, very sorry to hear this. Seems like it may be an 'inside job' someone who knows you and your watch collection.

Do you have any insurance- perhaps to cover the gens?

spboudart
Do you have any insurance- perhaps to cover the gens?

Yes insurance should covers for gens.

68 Bullit

I've posted pic of my house on here, and another French member who live close recognize it, it's pretty visible from the street.

I wondered the same thing, I am really saddened by this, and hope the police catch these turds.

myaz

C'est une rage.

On top of that some policies, such as mine, have a limit on jewelry unless it's scheduled.

He (they) probably figured it was more quick and inconspicuous leaving your house with only small items hidden in the pockets.

The police have a lousy track record catching up with this type of miscreant and it just makes your blood boil.

I hope that the insurance will help to soothe some of the pain.....and maybe 5 minutes alone in a room with the perp if they catch him.

Caliper

Holy shit, those motherfuckers, sorry to hear about this man.

I hope insurance coversthe gens. Hope those bastards get beaten up by trying to sell the reps.

Glad they didn't do anything to your dog. It's only material things, karma will come and bite them in the ass some day.

Good luck

dingle

inside job no doubt. They see you almost everyday and knew when to hit and what.

..........around the corner you must look, and the crook you will find....;)