Sign in to follow this  
spboudart

Most of my collection stolen

spboudart

For my last b-day, my wife got me a puppy and the guy is supposed to keep the house when we're at work:

DSC02248.jpg

I have to admit that is not too scary.

Anyway, yesterday around 4pm, I get a phone call from a lady that told me she found my dog in the street... But my house was supposed to be closed and locked. I asked her where she was and found out she was right by my house, so I asked her if she would accept to put my dog back inside... Arriving to my house she found the front door locked, so I told her to go around because a door must have been open for the dog to escape, she finally found one sliding door open, put the dog inside and closed it again.

Being away from home for a few days due to my job, I called my wife and told her what happen and the problem with the open door, she immediately left her work place and arrived home around 5. She call me to tell me that my whole collection was gone, 21 watches were stolen.

(link to my collection in my signature)

My gen Pam177 an Breitling Colt are gone, they didn't take the Hamilton, took the Favre Leuba Sea Raider (left the 2 other Favre)

I have with me my rep Pam 082, 177, 288, my rep Chopard GTXL, my rep Porche Design Divers, my rep IWC Slevin and my gen Citizen.

All the rest of my reps are gone, plus my wife's Gen Hermes, rep Rolex and Omega.

They didn't take anything else in the house and left all the boxes...

Probably some young stupid punks as they left box and paper of the gen177...

Knowing that without paperwork a gen loose almost half of it's value, they had no idea what they were stealing.

My wife put away all the rep boxes and called the cops, no fingerprints were good enough for anything, but they've seen that the sliding door was forced and put it in their report. I have the bill with pic from the AD were we bought the 177 last year, the 12 year old bills for the Breitling and Hermes, hopefully the insurance will pay enough for me to be able to purchase back a new Pam 177, but I think I will have to totally forget about the Breit and Hermes.

As for all the reps, a little over 3000$ worth of it, I can stick it up my a$$.

I'm pissed!

I just hope the little suckers will be beat the sh!t out of them when they'll try to pass reps for gens, and that they won't be able to get any money for the gen either. I would love to have those facing me as of right now, as I already have the taste of blood in my mouth.

alw

What a nightmare, sorry to hear about that.

I´ve taken periodically pictures of my watchbox just in case, and of course few of the watches are reps. I wonder what I should say to the insurance guys should these be stolen...

Takken

That's terrible. Fu**ing punks!!!

Well let's hope the bad days are over and from now on it's only going upwards.

Del

Aw man, that is terrible. Sorry to hear this.

Hope the wee bastards get what's coming to them.

paulro

I am so sorry to hear your news.

David543

That's a nightmare, I'm so sorry to hear this. I got burgled some years ago so know what it's like and it sucks. hope you can get something like the value back. Although not gens the reps were valuable so any chance of getting that investment back somehow?? :D

paulcbc

Sorry to hear about this. It really sucks!!!!! Give it some time, and you'll look on the silver lining. You get to buy new watches, :)

Edited by paulcbc

pollux1

Theiving scum fucks, i hope they get tarred and feathered for that mate.

spboudart

Thanks all you guys for the nice comment.

gtwc

Very sorry to hear about this.

You had a collection to be proud of.

Was anything else taken, or were the watches the only target?

subiim

Fuck

wat44

sorry to hear that, mate

spboudart
Was anything else taken, or were the watches the only target?

Only watches.... Weird, no?

WebWind

I am sorry to hear that.

It it weird that they stole only watches.

Corv99

thats shit mate! really sorry to hear that..... as the guys say hope they try to pass on as gens to some Russisn gangsters... :suicide::)

hope you can get replacements sorted out somehow soon!!

But on lighter note.... your dog is OK, and seems other things in the house are intact... it could have been a lot worse

makes me think about putting mine somewhere out the way as well........

JohnG

I am really sorry man, I know how shitty it feels, because you can't do anything - you want to fucking strangle the fuckers but they will probably never be found...

I was debating whether to put a safe in my house and this has convinced me.

Again, really sorry, this is going to leave a bitter taste in your mouth for a long time.

gB.

That's terrible. Sorry to read this mate. I know you probably feel totally violated.

One thing is for certain. Karma is a total bitch and will ALWAYS find you. Hope she finds the burglars very soon. ;)

sconehead

Sorry to hear about this P...

Comex

That's terrible, hope they get those bastards!!

DeLaForce

Beautiful beagle , I'm happy they didn't hurt the little guy!! Which is what happened to ours... Very sad day. These fuckers will have there comeuppance . It is rarther strange that it was just watches,.... Makes it seem like whoever did this knew?!?!. Anyways at least all you Fam are ok ;)!

Member X

Fuckers ;)

Nothing more infuriating than someone helping themselves to your stuff and benefitting out of your hard work. :D

I find the fact they took only watches a little weird. No jewellery gone? No valuables? No passports or other paperwork? Nothing else at all? I know watches are small and easy to conceal so an ideal theft target, and maybe they just thought christmas had come early and skipped off with what they could take rather than wasting time looking for other stuff, but a cynical me would think that perhaps it was a deliberate targetting. You've never put photos up of the outside of your place? Maybe they just saw you wearing a nice watch either outside your house one day, or maybe they saw you at local shops and recognised the car and knew where you lived through driving past day-to-day? As you say, though, no box and papers stolen does point towards opportunist idiots...

Has your wife spoken to all the neighbours in the street or done a flyer to put through doors with details about times etc? (Don't have to mention exactly what was taken!) They would probably appreciate the warning that they might be at risk too, or they might have seen something.

I'd get in touch with all the jewellers / pawnbrokers / 'cashconverters' type of places in the area and a little further afield. If they really are stupid they might try to sell them 'properly', so if you can circulate pics and serial numbers and keep in regular contact every couple of weeks over the next 6 months, they would hopefully keep an eye out. No-one wants to risk buying stolen goods that might be seized back later so they'd probably appreciate it! The Police would benefit from the info too, if they've not already got it.

Craigslist or similar for your area would also be a good thing to keep an eye on, or the local classifieds.

They'll probably just sell them to 'mates' or blokes in some back alley outside a pub, though ;)

I hope you get either some results or a decent insurance payout. Theft stinks ;)

graman

Mate...that's fucking terrible......so sorry to hear that...

I hate it when some fucker breaks into your house, thinking they have better title to your stuff than you do.......

Disgusting.

narikaa

Why anyone doesnt have a safe these days is crazy as theyre so inexpensive

But on the bright side with some creative insurance claims you should turn a profit

Ollifl

Sorry to hear, that happens too often nowadays, hopefully they catch the bastards.

Seems to me they knew what they were taking since they left a few watches. I would say atleast one of them, or somebody who knew them has been in your house before.

fe22ari

Cunts