Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Things I have learnt from the London GTG

Member X

Luthier is pretty much exactly the same in RL :)

Luth's daughter is cool

Everyone's English is excellent, whereas us english guys' french / german / swedish / danish / latvian is shamefully poor :blush:

Solkryssare is a lightweight :P

Pobjednik does not say much on the forum but quite a lot in real life...

mspangl has awesome builds and a very patient girlfriend lol

eiderdaus knows faaarrrrrrr too much about Subs to be healthy

I could listen to nullmind's stories for ages

Superman is a bit of a London Geezer lol

Digger is a classically cool Swede and must surely live in a house full of sleek Ikea furniture, despite his assertions that other furniture shops exist in Sweden

Andygt is sound as a pound, despite being northern ;)

Wiz might well be getting a PM from me about some work... :rofl:

Daytonas need to be bigger!

Ploprofs look silly on me :P

Rabbit is quite boney lol

I shouldn't drive tired and without satnav in London

Oh, and I definitely need to get an SMP300, a yellow dial breitling, an SD, a YM... :facepalm:;)

solkryssare

LOL. You are right. I feel bad about going home early. My body just could take another day of drinking. (I blame pob :) )Still had a great time tho and feel like Ive made some real friends while in London.

Pob
:)

Pob
LOL. You are right. I feel bad about going home early. My body just could take another day of drinking. (I blame pob ;) )Still had a great time tho and feel like Ive made some real friends while in London.

You know sometimes it is ok to drink something else :rofl:

Milk or tee or something :)

sconehead
Luthier is pretty much exactly the same in RL :)

Luth's daughter is cool

Everyone's English is excellent, whereas us english guys' french / german / swedish / danish / latvian is shamefully poor :facepalm:

Solkryssare is a lightweight architect dickhead :P

Pobjednik does not say much on the forum but quite a lot in real life...

mspangl has awesome builds and a very patient girlfriend lol

eiderdaus knows faaarrrrrrr too much about Subs to be healthy

I could listen to nullmind's stories for ages

Superman is a bit of a London Geezer lol

Digger is a classically cool Swede and must surely live in a house full of sleek Ikea furniture, despite his assertions that other furniture shops exist in Sweden

Andygt is sound as a pound, despite being northern :blush:

Wiz might well be getting a PM from me about some work... :rofl:

Daytonas need to be bigger!

Ploprofs look silly on me :P

Rabbit is quite boney lol

I shouldn't drive tired and without satnav in London

Oh, and I definitely need to get an SMP300, a yellow dial breitling, an SD, a YM... :facepalm:;)

fixed...;)

trailboss99

Well considering Ikea is Danish, yes :)

solkryssare

Well considering Ikea is Danish, yes :)

Nope ;)

Coca

Well considering Ikea is Danish, yes ;)

:band:

Ollifl

Well considering Ikea is Danish, yes ;)

:band:

PGPhoto.jpg

Dendo

Excellent summary.

Now we need to organize a US GTG.

Philly? Or Las Vegas?

Silly question ;)

gB.
Well considering Ikea is Danish, yes :lol:

:)

Ikea started in Sweden in 1943 by Ingvar Kamprad

Wikipedia.com

Luthier

True about me. I'm the same everywhere.

Guys, you're all just fantastic folks!!!

I'm going to Heathrow in 20 min., will post full report, pics veeery heavy!!!

pollux1

:lmao2:

mspangl

Member X's 1675 is amazing.

If you meant my watch @ the SMP300 then mine is a Seamaster 300 ;)

Imo the Daytona looked great on your wrist if I remember right.. They're small but amazing :lmao2:

seclark007

Sounds like it was lots of fun!

graman

Many livers were damaged in the making of this thread.... :lol:

gottahaverolex
Excellent summary.

Philly? Or Las Vegas?

Silly question :popcorn:

Dendo, I've tried this several times and it has always died before. Seclark007 has a thread about a US GTG in Toronto in the spring sometime. I for one would like to do a sooner rather than later US east coast GTG, before Christmas even. In November or early December. Let's make it happen! Philly is a great spot actually considering we have members that live there, Maryland, New York etc. We can easily get a dozen guys to commit but we have to really do it this time! I'm down but let's get a plan started and a list so it doesn't die this time.

NCRich
Excellent summary.

Philly? Or Las Vegas?

Dendo, I've tried this several times and it has always died before. Seclark007 has a thread about a US GTG in Toronto in the spring sometime. I for one would like to do a sooner rather than later US east coast GTG, before Christmas even. In November or early December. Let's make it happen! Philly is a great spot actually considering we have members that live there, Maryland, New York etc. We can easily get a dozen guys to commit but we have to really do it this time! I'm down but let's get a plan started and a list so it doesn't die this time.

Pittsburgh...heck you would get at least you three and me. That is 60% of the London GTG. Might get HD and timmytwitch, maybe Rav.

gottahaverolex
Excellent summary.

Philly? Or Las Vegas?

Pittsburgh...heck you would get at least you three and me. That is 60% of the London GTG. Might get HD and timmytwitch, maybe Rav.

Definitely an option Rich! I hadn't thought of Pittsburgh. My wife has never been and wants to go, that would be an easy way to convince her! I went to school at IUP and spent a lot of time in the Burgh on weekends.

Member X

I'm assuming no face pics? Don't want to ruin my international man of mystery line of work ;):popcorn:

Member X's 1675 is amazing.

If you meant my watch @ the SMP300 then mine is a Seamaster 300 :P

Imo the Daytona looked great on your wrist if I remember right.. They're small but amazing :rofl:

Haha Yes, my error! It looked lovely :popcorn:

The Daytona was also really really nice :) but I think I need 40mm+! I will have to find that thread with the possible larger version snapped on a celeb...

Dendo
Excellent summary.

Philly? Or Las Vegas?

Definitely an option Rich! I hadn't thought of Pittsburgh. My wife has never been and wants to go, that would be an easy way to convince her! I went to school at IUP and spent a lot of time in the Burgh on weekends.

Guys - I am okay with Pittsburgh but Philly might be easier for flights, trains etc. Mike McNair is close and it is kinda equidistant for GHR if my geography is okay.

How about Friday 28th October?

Will PM you guys separately.

gottahaverolex
Excellent summary.

Philly? Or Las Vegas?

Silly question :P

Guys - I am okay with Pittsburgh but Philly might be easier for flights, trains etc. Mike McNair is close and it is kinda equidistant for GHR if my geography is okay.

How about Friday 28th October?

Will PM you guys separately.

It's a short train ride for me to Philly, that would be optimal! I replied to your PM but realized I have big plans that night! Early November an option? I can't miss this!

NCRich

Philly, Pittsburgh? It is all the same thing right? Well except for that whole crime thing in Philly. But they do have those wonderful sandwiches. I can do either. I got season tics to college football but I can escape for a weekend. Only weekend I can't do it is 2nd weekend of Oct.

gottahaverolex

Starting a thread on this Dendo!

cobn

looks like i missed a nice evening with you guys :)

hopefully i'll be there next year!