Sign in to follow this  
cvp3

Bad day - watch took a hard hit - missing crown

cvp3

Short story - strap broke, super avenger hit the concrete. Breitling logo detached inside the case and crown is missing. It appears that the stem is still attached inside the crown hole. So 2 questions:

1) How can I find another crown?

2) What am I looking at to fix the logo? Pulling the entire movement I suppose.

Luthier

Ask Mary for a new crown.

Yes, you have to pull out the stem and then mov't, then fix the logo.

cvp3
Ask Mary for a new crown.

Yes, you have to pull out the stem and then mov't, then fix the logo.

Thanks. Emailed Mary.

Member X

Hope you can get it fixed!

cvp3
Hope you can get it fixed!

Me too. I wish I could fix it myself, but I just don't feel comfortable pulling the movement out entirely.

Cynikal.Mindset

is the tube still on the case? if the crown tube broke off with the crown you're in for more than just a crown. I think Mike McNair may have a spare case though

cvp3
is the tube still on the case? if the crown tube broke off with the crown you're in for more than just a crown. I think Mike McNair may have a spare case though

If he's up to it I'll send it to Mike. He's already got one of mine there now with a dead mvmnt. I bought this one for $100 used and unfortunately I really like it, but I'd rather not spend another $100 to fix it.

Cynikal.Mindset

do you have any pics of the damage? $100 for a used SA? that was a good deal...unless it was a quartz/21j version

cvp3
do you have any pics of the damage? $100 for a used SA? that was a good deal...unless it was a quartz/21j version

My camera just plain sucks. I see a tube down in the crown hole so figure that is probably still workable. The watch is in fact a 21J so the chrono's don't work. But the face is really well done. Here's the for sale link that I bought it from.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=19340

Cynikal.Mindset

the tube should be sticking out from the case with threads on it, if not its broken off and since its a 21j version its really not worth fixing. Save up and get a 7750 version and just chalk this one up as $100 learning experience.

cvp3
the tube should be sticking out from the case with threads on it, if not its broken off and since its a 21j version its really not worth fixing. Save up and get a 7750 version and just chalk this one up as $100 learning experience.

Then it's done. I was afraid of that. I like this version to. Can't seem to find another one from an approved vendor. I knew I shouldn't have fallen in love.