Sign in to follow this  
Distinct

HELP PLEASE: Jumping GMT hand

Distinct

With all the Rolex GMT Masters owned by people on the forum, I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this...

Watch: Rolex GMT Master II from Timeshops

Movement: Asian ETA clone modified for additional GMT hand (this is the same movement that was DOA and had a rotor moving around inside the casing)

When adjusting the GMT hand on the watch, it keeps jumping to a resting positiong for each hour. Unfortunately, this resting position is not aligned to the hour markers. Even when I carefully place it at a certain position, when I push the crown in, the GMT hand will move to the next natural resting position for an hour.

I have included a video (please pardon the poor lighting and quality). You can really see the jump when the GMT hand is at 1800 hours and the resting positiong is off. If I were to carefully leave the hand perfectly at 1800, when I push the crown in, it will move to being off.

Any ideas of what to do? Thank you very much for your help.

GMT Hand Video

Edited by Distinct

prestigewatchco

Needs the hands resetting no other way to do it . they need to be removed and the GMT hand set in sync

KinCaidk

your video is kinda blurry.. but the GMT hand is supposed to follow the markings on the bezel..

Does it do that?

Distinct
Needs the hands resetting no other way to do it . they need to be removed and the GMT hand set in sync

Thank you very much Robert. I'll take it to a local watchsmith to have it done.

Distinct
your video is kinda blurry.. but the GMT hand is supposed to follow the markings on the bezel..

Does it do that?

It doesn't, it's close but it's slightly off. So when the normal minute hand is at the full hour marker, you can see the GMT hand is not perfectly pointing at another equivalently set hour position on the bezel. I'll have to do what Robert suggested.

prestigewatchco

Yes not a big job to get done. I tell you honestly regardless of what people say the best GMT is the 21J they are much better than any 2836 or 7750