Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Sead - remarkably cheap?

Member X

I was looking at some of Sead's listings over on RWI earlier.

Is it me or is he listing some of the new H Factory PAMs cheaper that other dealers? (112 @ $189, 292 @ $205, for example)

Both of those seem good prices that are tempting!

SeanusMaximus
I was looking at some of Sead's listings over on RWI earlier.

Is it me or is he listing some of the new H Factory PAMs cheaper that other dealers? (112 @ $189, 292 @ $205, for example)

Both of those seem good prices that are tempting!

Ooh the nice new 292? :thumbsup2:

Cynikal.Mindset

yea, his prices are cheap!!

prestigewatchco

well all relative what is cheapest $190 with old movement that 9 times out of 10 will need changing in a day or 2 or $239 with new hi beat 6497. You pay your money and take your choice

Like for like he is not cheaper

http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=150299

gottahaverolex

I seem to remember greg r saying to be careful with Sead, he sends out a lot of junk watches with badly executed mods and such. I don't have any first hand experience with him but I definitely trust Greg's word. Just tread lightly.

Waipio Jeff

I will vouch for Sead any day of the week. Probably the most honest, honorable and trustworthy dealer I have dealt with over the years. Not the best communicator (like many others) but has always willingly and politely worked to resolve any issues or defects. When he was US based there was none better. Now he is not quite as convenient for me at least. I have also never overpayed for a product with him. Never bought any of his modded pieces though.

houndoggie
I seem to remember greg r saying to be careful with Sead, he sends out a lot of junk watches with badly executed mods and such. I don't have any first hand experience with him but I definitely trust Greg's word. Just tread lightly.

Both dingle and I have dealt with poorly modded sead watches. I believe dingle had a more difficult time getting things squared away then I did.

That being said, when sead was in the us, I used him a lot. He was always great in post sales care for me.

prestigewatchco

Certainly seems like most are happy with Sead .

While he was US based never saw a negative review for him.

He is getting the odd one now but due to his location I think more than himself

Member X

Good points, all.

Noob stuff he seems to match Robert, price-wise, but H Factory stuff is a few dollars cheaper:

111m $205 http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthrea...tory-85001.html

292k $205 http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthrea...tory-84929.html

005m $210-220 http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthrea...tory-84009.html

318l $225 http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthrea...tory-84931.html

I'm not sure what his re-shipping policy is re: customs seizures etc, hence I'm hesitant to order when I'm outside CONUS, but possibly some bargains for people willing to take the risk. If you're a member of RWI, though, you should be afforded protection over there by TB etc.

EDIT: I had forgotten he wasn't CONUS anymore, so I am still not sure of reshipping policies! lol

houndoggie
Certainly seems like most are happy with Sead .

While he was US based never saw a negative review for him.

He is getting the odd one now but due to his location I think more than himself

When he was us based, it was an ideal situation as he was a little cheaper than the cartel and took all the custom risks for you, as he would have the watches delivered to himself, then reship to you. And if there was a problem, you would ship it to him and he would take care of it.

Also, he was famous very not being very verbose in his pm's.

NFleischer

He's OK, but I don't really think he's much cheaper than anyone else.

I have his Ult. 112 with DSN dial- paid like $300. The new H factory is alot better-at least looking.

Also, he sells alot of used stuff- again cheaper but not that cheap considering its used.

Akira
Speaking of "other dealers" whats the take on Trevor's UPO?

$168

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthrea...5-mm-83756.html

that's heaps cheaper than anybody else

Well, I have paid the same for that exact watch from a TD here ;)

But maybe this was just "MY DEALER" :thumbsup:

Luthier

To whom it may concern:

You wanna save $5? Good luck.

Tylenol cost more, and you'll get a headache in some cases.

;)

dingle

+1

I will vouch for Sead any day of the week. Probably the most honest, honorable and trustworthy dealer I have dealt with over the years. Not the best communicator (like many others) but has always willingly and politely worked to resolve any issues or defects. When he was US based there was none better. Now he is not quite as convenient for me at least. I have also never overpayed for a product with him. Never bought any of his modded pieces though.

............... after 211PM's and 5 months, he resolved my issue...well sort of. no shit

.........then I find out I overpayed. no shit. again.

Both dingle and I have dealt with poorly modded sead watches. I believe dingle had a more difficult time getting things squared away then I did.

"difficult" is not the word I like to use.......but I will be nice....... for now