Sign in to follow this  
tyrantblade

well i tried to get my rep fixed at the mall and

tyrantblade

At first they said they couldn't fix it for probably a week, then a few days later they called back and wanted $375 to fix it, so I guess as soon as I get it back and my mom prints the address out (we dont have internet besides on or phones) off to china it goes for repair or replacement.

Archaon
At first they said they couldn't fix it for probably a week, then a few days later they called back and wanted $375 to fix it, so I guess as soon as I get it back and my mom prints the address out (we dont have internet besides on or phones) off to china it goes for repair or replacement.

Which model of rep was that? and What shop did you bring it to? and what was the problem ?

:-)

KeNnY

le Watch repairer at mall:".. let me see, an watch problem with movement, rotor is unscrewed, ahh an 10USD fix, WHOAAAH that is Omega ?! Well in this case special price 375USD! That should cover the fees of this expensive watch, expensive watches have rich people, and rich people love to pay a lot of money for repair, they have feeling of good repair done.."

tyrantblade

Which model of rep was that? and What shop did you bring it to? and what was the problem ?

:-)

Its a 45 mm planet ocean rep and the problem is something broke/came loose on the inside of the movement, so it wont wind/stay wound.

Balad1

Send it to one of our trusted repair persons for repair.

Where are you located?

mulder
le Watch repairer at mall:".. let me see, an watch problem with movement, ahh an 10USD fix, WHOAAAH that is Rolex ?! Well in this case special price 375USD! That should cover the fees of this expensive watch, expensive watches have rich people, and rich people love to pay a lot of money for repair, they have feeling of good repair done.."

Too true Kenny. Oh its a Rolex? Add a zero to the end of the real cost to fix it and thats his price!

Same if you plan a wedding. Hall hire $1000, Oh its for a wedding? $4000.

Archaon
le Watch repairer at mall:".. let me see, an watch problem with movement, ahh an 10USD fix, WHOAAAH that is Rolex ?! Well in this case special price 375USD! That should cover the fees of this expensive watch, expensive watches have rich people, and rich people love to pay a lot of money for repair, they have feeling of good repair done.."

I actually find it a bit cheap that 375 USD fee, i'm not sure i would get good enough service at that price... I'll seek for something more expensive...

tyrantblade

Send it to one of our trusted repair persons for repair.

Where are you located?

Im in New York State (though far from New York City)

KeNnY

Too true Kenny. Oh its a Rolex? Add a zero to the end of the real cost to fix it and thats his price!

It is same with everything, I recently asked Prosche Design for quote of the strap and claps... guess the price

here it is

"

Thanks a lot for your request. The price for the strap is 214 Euro, the

price for the buckle is 399 Euro.

"

buckle ONLY 399Euro... my 400 € that I have every month of hard work..

I actually find it a bit cheap that 375 USD fee, i'm not sure i would get good enough service at that price... I'll seek for something more expensive...

haha oh pardon me, my faulty, then 3 750USD :lmao2:

NFleischer

Try Mike Mcnair- he's in PA.

dingle

+1

:lmao2:

Archaon

It is same with everything, I recently asked Prosche Design for quote of the strap and claps... guess the price

here it is

"

Thanks a lot for your request. The price for the strap is 214 Euro, the

price for the buckle is 399 Euro.

"

buckle ONLY 399Euro... my 400 € that I have every month of hard work..

haha oh pardon me, my faulty, then 3 750USD :lmao2:

that's more like it, I'll take the deal!!! ;)

tyrantblade

Isn't he like way behind on repairs and busy?

Balad1

I agree about Mile McNair, check for his contact information on the RWG home page, he is a trusted rep repairer.

I would contact him first and let him know what issues you are having.

PS: Mike's in Philly.

dingle

PM him and see.

China = 2 months

schmooze
le Watch repairer at mall:".. let me see, an watch problem with movement, rotor is unscrewed, ahh an 10USD fix, WHOAAAH that is Omega ?! Well in this case special price 375USD! That should cover the fees of this expensive watch, expensive watches have rich people, and rich people love to pay a lot of money for repair, they have feeling of good repair done.."

100% true. I recently had to have a flower vase stand to match a designer coffee table. I tripled my cost and I didn't do anything beside give the engineering firm an example of the coffee table for inspiration. Had I not tripled and increased the percieved value, the client would have chosen another brand.

The designer world is a mixture of psychology, marketing and bullshit.

schmooze

You could always have a go yourself.

go on give it a go

05082011829-1.jpg

AustinTech

On luxury brand items you aren't really paying for the product, you are paying for the exclusivity. This includes repairs and accessories.

Sucks, and thats why reps are great.

honeybear
On luxury brand items you aren't really paying for the product, you are paying for the exclusivity. This includes repairs and accessories.

Yeah, but from this thread, it appears that replica owners get caught in the line of fire, at least with mainstream watchsmiths.

KeNnY

6125028344db398acaa6d6471cd63f38.gif

dave47

+1 Mike's great, he's honest, and will send you pics of the work being done. Very reliable.

dave

vasya
+1 Mike's great, he's honest, and will send you pics of the work being done. Very reliable.

dave

Damn.

Should have read this thread earlier.

Sent mine gen to Tourneau.

$375 and two month later. Still no watch.

Does Mike repair gens? Have Maurice Lacroix that needs some attention.

Thanks

dingle

dave

Damn.

Thanks

PM mike and let him know what you have need of

vasya

dave

Damn.

Thanks

PM mike and let him know what you have need of

Will do.

Thanks!

seoulbrova

Tyrant, is this the UPO that you are getting fixed?

If it is, then why pay more to get it repaired than it costs to buy the watch?