Sign in to follow this  
robznet

Time to move on up the ladder!

robznet

Hi guys, after being a member here for a while and having bought three "cheapie" reps, i feel it's now time to buy something a bit more upmarket.

I'm not yet anything like an expert but from the learning I have done on here (thank you all guys) I feel able to at least sort the wheat from the chaff.

Being an Omega nut for years, I have decided my next purchase must be a speedmaster and no other model will come close to a moonie for me. I have spotted two at Silix - who I trust by virtue of my last two orders, pics are below. It's got a lemania hand wind movement and correct chrono functions and dials as far as I can see, any comments (good or bad) would be appreciated, especially on the movement as I don't know much about them. Cheers guys! B)

omes019_01.jpg

omes019.jpg

omes019_04.jpg

omes019_05.jpg

omes019_02.jpg

omes009_01.jpg

omes009.jpg

omes009_03.jpg

omes009_02.jpg

omes009_04.jpg

markeym3

These really are a great looking watch , they look as good on the back as they do on the front , I agree silix is a top dealer had many a good deal with him ,, although now i should say she ,,

Yes buy and enjoy

houndoggie

The rep has the St-19 movement, a copy of the Venus 175. It is a solid movement with a strong reputation. However, the subdials are too spread out. Nice watch otherwise. I have the gen of that configuration:

DSC04702.jpg

Nisv

Damn, that's a nice picture HD B)

robznet

I'll second that - nice watch HD and thanks for your input! B)

robznet

Thanks guys for the input - gonna go for it anyway, will post pics when it arrives! :(

bme

Great choice Rob............a fantastic watch..I love mine.

NFleischer

0032.jpg

None of these reps are that great, but I'd suggest black to make the subdial issue less obvious.

68 Bullit

I have the same Speedmaster Moonie black dial, with the Venus/Lemania movement, just put it on gen black aligator strap. Although it is far from Super rep status, it is a great watch and has good wrist presence, I love mine. I really fancied the Panda dial, but as Houndoggie says, the subdial spacing issue is more pronounced, but still a good alternative to the less reliable Daytona.

By the way Houndoggie, your Speedmaster is an Awesome piece.

Caliper

I like this watch

you guys with the rep, does the chrono has any weird quirks on the rep movement?

68 Bullit
I like this watch

you guys with the rep, does the chrono has any weird quirks on the rep movement?

Mine doesn't have any quirks, everything works as it should. It seems that with this ST19 movement they are pretty much as the original and bullet proof. I will definately buy the gen once business picks up.

rsea

That black face Speedmaster has been on my shopping list as long as I can remember

Great looking watch

robznet

Thanks again guys - black it will be then!!! :)

P4GTR

Do yourself a favor and opt for the stainless bracelet. You can get an aftermarket black strap a lot easier than a rep omega bracelet. If need be, ask the dealer to include a deployant in your order, should only run $20 or so.

Archaon

Dealers, when will the factories make a speedmaster moonwatch with correct dial spacing and fully working chronos....

(the lemania is brilliant, but subdial at 6is hour repetition...)

Is there any dealer that can make a special order to factories if there are enough buyers comitting to buy?

Caliper
Dealers, when will the factories make a speedmaster moonwatch with correct dial spacing and fully working chronos....

(the lemania is brilliant, but subdial at 6is hour repetition...)

Is there any dealer that can make a special order to factories if there are enough buyers comitting to buy?

Nope