Sign in to follow this  
jackwins

Robert's Turn Around Time

prestigewatchco

To put this in prospective

I can answer people in 2 minutes with the proverbial "YES FRIEND" of the Chinese dealers to whatever they ask.

Invoice them and get their money

Only to find out 2 days later the watch is not available and then have to offer them alternatives etc as is common place with these dealers.

Me I check I have the watch available to sell you before I send you an invoice.

Call me silly but I really can't be bothered with just accepting the order then trying to find the watch after I have been paid,me I prefer to make sure the watch is in stock with us before I send payment request.

I am not in China and if I don't have it I can't go to the market and find it normally even the Chinese dealers fail very often to find the watch and they have a million places to look.

So if there is a delay in response it is usually because I have to get someone around the store room to physically check for an item

paulcbc

I can answer people in 2 minutes with the proverbial "YES FRIEND" of the Chinese dealers to whatever they ask.

Only to find out 2 days later the watch is not available and then have to offer them alternatives etc as is common place with these dealers.

Call me silly but I really can't be bothered with just accepting the order then trying to find the watch after I have been paid,me I prefer to make sure the watch is in stock with us before I send payment request.

I am not in China and if I don't have it I can't go to the market and find it normally even the Chinese dealers fail very often to find the watch and they have a million places to look.

So if there is a delay in response it is usually because I have to get someone around the store room to physically check for an item

Robert, let me pay you first! :rofl: Am going to be outstationed in a couple of days, and won't be able to get access to the Internet... LoL! :Drinking2:

jackwins

Robert,

I am sure all that have purchased a timepiece from you can say that they appreciate the work that you do, and your high quality standards. Based on your above post I can say I appreciate you not wanting to misinform your customers. However, speaking as a newbie to reps (which I admitted), and this being my first purchase with you, how am I to know why you are not communicating? Your above statement makes things perfectly clear to me now. But I did not know any of this until now.

Like I said in a previous post, I meant no disrespect, I just didnt know what was going on or if I was doing something wrong. Nonetheless, I thank you for the explaination.

I think we can officially say this horse has been shot, stabbed and run over by a glue truck. B)

jackwins
In an ebay/Amazon world, this kind of thing takes some getting used to. You'll get the hang of it.

Don't get discouraged, or too down on Robert - it seems to be his personality. He seems to be one of the most respected dealers here - and there has to be a reason for that, eh? After all, he DIDN'T say no to your request to change the order, did he? I've never ordered anything from him, but I have had a few communications with him here and there. He doesn't have any time for bullshit, that's for sure.

We all made mistakes when we first ordered a rep, and most of us were impatient that first time. Those who would like you to believe they didn't/weren't I'll bet are lying. B)

Thanks Twall

vasya

I see where Jackwins is coming from.

Can we ask (politely) the dealers, if their time allows, to simply update the customer.

One message like: "Let me check" wouldn't kill anyone and prevent any frustration on both fronts.

Just my 2 cents.

dingle

Can we ask (politely) the dealers, if their time allows, to simply update the customer.

One message like: "Let me check" wouldn't kill anyone and prevent any frustration on both fronts.

Just my 2 cents.

how many customers do you suppose the dealers have at one time?

we can make this a guessing game if you like. You go first.

:lol:

prestigewatchco

To take the guessing out of it Ding I have at this moment in time 83 pending orders in the last 24/36 hours

Not withstanding the wholesale orders I am processing as well.

The easy ones I can do in a few minutes but some take time to check nothing can be done about it this is not an exact science

vasya

Just my 2 cents.

how many customers do you suppose the dealers have at one time?

we can make this a guessing game if you like. You go first.

I see your point.

It's not exactly a Starbucks to hire more associates. :drool:

Patience and persistence.

Showa321

As a first time buyer myself, the reason I chose to deal with the dealer I did was down to the emails we exchanged. I emailed around 4 dealers with similar questions and one of them answered in a much more personal manner putting my mind at ease about my purchase, the first rep watch I ever bought. I was also dubious about dealings like anyone doing this for the first time. The dealer always responded in super quick time not once allowing me to worry about anything.

I havent dealt with Robert yet, looking at his stock I probably will do but I think its important for the communication however small or detailed is for the people new to reps. If the dealer I bought the watch for didnt respond to my emails after I had paid I would have been mortified! It just feels better, thats all.

vasya

This calls for our own RGW Consumer Protection Agency!

prestigewatchco
As a first time buyer myself, the reason I chose to deal with the dealer I did was down to the emails we exchanged. I emailed around 4 dealers with similar questions and one of them answered in a much more personal manner putting my mind at ease about my purchase, the first rep watch I ever bought. I was also dubious about dealings like anyone doing this for the first time. The dealer always responded in super quick time not once allowing me to worry about anything.

I havent dealt with Robert yet, looking at his stock I probably will do but I think its important for the communication however small or detailed is for the people new to reps. If the dealer I bought the watch for didnt respond to my emails after I had paid I would have been mortified! It just feels better, thats all.

Well stoke of luck you didn't choose me constant reassurance is not really in my remit.

I work on the principle it's better to get it done than tell people you are going to do it.

What more correspondence do you need than a payment link and a note of shipping when shipped.

If you are looking for a pen pal try twitter rather than dealers

Showa321

Well stoke of luck you didn't choose me constant reassurance is not really in my remit.

I work on the principle it's better to get it done than tell people you are going to do it.

What more correspondence do you need than a payment link and a note of shipping when shipped.

wow.

Will do. :lol:

dingle

btaff222

Yes! Robert For The Win!

Creechin

Wow........... you guys can be brutal

This guy could not have been more polite or cautious with his words. He did not directly attack anyone. Yet, some get a kick out of a direct verbal jab at the guy.........

You might want to set up a warning for newbies: Shut your mouth because any stated opinion or experience will be torched and ridiculed.

not cool.........JMHO

:lmao2:

dingle

This guy could not have been more polite or cautious with his words. He did not directly attack anyone. Yet, some get a kick out of a direct verbal jab at the guy.........

You might want to set up a warning for newbies: Shut your mouth because any stated opinion or experience will be torched and ridiculed.

not cool.........JMHO

damn. What Robert stated was funny.....with a bit of truth to it..... nothing to do with being torched.

again. damn. :lmao2:

Nisv
for newbies: Shut your mouth because any stated opinion or experience will be torched and ridiculed.

Been there, got that.......................liked it :lmao2:

prestigewatchco

Wasn't my intention to torch anyone but his post was in my opinion filled with un realistic expectation.

While you are marching you are not usually fighting!!

So all the time you spend telling people you are processing their order and it will be shipped ASAP is time you are not actually spending just shipping the item.

tsomers

Think of Robert as the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld. He has a very strict ordering process. Don't ask him a whole bunch of questions, meaning do your research before you purchase. Don't bug him about your order, an email here or there is fine, but don't send him 5 in a day, unless to answer questions he has asked. Always use EMS or it could take weeks, maybe months to get your product, which is your fault, not his since he warned you not to use standard post.

Is this wrong or right? Doesn't matter because in the end Robert is about great product at a great price. If you can deal with the way he does business, then you will be satisfied with the product. If you can't, then Mary would be more then happy to help you.

vasya
for newbies: Shut your mouth because any stated opinion or experience will be torched and ridiculed.

Been there, got that.......................liked it :rolleyes:

Usually, sales reps are very nice before they get the money and turn ugly shortly afterward.

Here no tricks or gimmicks. You know what you are getting in right away.

Don't complain later.

One thing I learned within few days here is that Robert is no used car dealer!

Not in this forum, at least.

:D

vasya

not cool.........JMHO

damn. What Robert stated was funny.....with a bit of truth to it..... nothing to do with being torched.

again. damn. :D

Arrogant and rude attitude is never funny in my book.

Internet cahones is a sign of some real insecurity.

Just my 2 cents.

PS. Wanted to make sure that this is not addressed to Robert.

Edited by vasya

dingle
Arrogant and rude attitude is never funny in my book.

Internet cahones is a sign of some real insecurity.

pot, kettle, black?

vasya
pot, kettle, black?

I knew it will stick.

:rolleyes:

dingle
pot, kettle, black?

I knew it will stick.

:rolleyes:

you know nooooooooooooooooooooooooooothing :)

Caliper

Sometimes I don't understand some complaints about people.

You are buying a replica whatever, if you want to be pampered go buy a real rolex/lange/AP/pam/corum/pathek/longiness/etc. They are too expensive but want your rep now?, go to a dark alley and get your replica along with a stab on the stomach; or just go to the mall and buy a cheap gen watch.

The dealers here offer a safe and secure way to do a shady business were you can easily be scammed. If you someone managed to end up here in the forum is because you started doing your research, then, keep doing it and be patient, the trusted dealers here are trusted for a reason.

Please think about the opportunity you are getting now, you have someone that will go look for the specific watch YOU want, QC it, package it safely and mail it to your door. What more could you ask? for them to stroke your hair and tell you everything if gonna be alright while also holding your hand while you wait for your package?

The dealers here are different people with different issues and deal with things in their own way. They are doing their business that is to get YOU the watch you want, no to be your friend. Again, if you want a smile and reassurance about how cool you're going to look with your watch, go buy a real one.

Since Robert is the topic here, when I started here (fairly recent), I didn't know who to buy from, so I order from 3 dealers at the same and I have to say, Robert was the quickest to answer my annoying questions.

Edited by Caliper