Sign in to follow this  
tiu_sam

noob having a little bit of trouble

tiu_sam

Hey y'all, I'm new to the forums. as a good noob I've read most of the stickies and noob oriented literature. I can say I've done my fair share of research and have decided which watch I want. the problem is: I can't seem to find it.

I'm looking for UPO with the orange(pumpkin) bezel sporting an asian ETA clone, SS strap and, most importantly, from a dealer that can make it water resistant.

now, I know that I could make this watch water resistant myself but since I don't have any of the tools nor the skills to do so that option is not very likely to end well.

another option would be to acquire the watch and send it to a third party to make it water resistant. the problem with that is that I live in brazil and brazilian customs are very anal. they stop nearly everything that isn't a book and hold it for up to 3 months before you are ever notified that the item is with them, that is, if the item is not stolen by the customs officer checking in(somewhat common around these parts). so going through customs twice is also not an option.

which, as far as I could reason, leaves me with only one option, buy the damn UPO from someone who does make their watches water resistant(for an extra charge obviously) and can be trusted with such water resisting treatment.

I am well aware that no matter how good the WR treatment I get I will not be able to dive with a rep but I just want something I can take to the beach/pool and be ok with it dipping underwater.

last but not least, I'd like to know if the current 42mm PO is not as accurate(looks and feel) as the UPO(from what I could gather UPOs are all 45.5mm) is to it's gen counterpart. being that I'm not a giant of any kind I feel that the 42mm one would fit me better.

thanks in advance, andre.

Mystery Shopper

Belated welcome Andre! Both Robert at Prestige Watch Co and Reg at Narikaa carry Planet Oceans (see Trusted dealer List) and both have service options prior to shipping.

pollux1

Welcome mate! The good news is the PO rep is reasonably easy to waterproof, given that it only has the crown and HE valve to worry about as long as the crystal is seated properly. :wub: