Sign in to follow this  
Del

SOSF re-lume by KeNnY!

Del

I have to show you guys this! :woo:

I just received my white SOSF A2836 back today from KeNnY after he re-lumed it - wow! I'm over the moon with this - what a great job!

And just to explain how difficult this was, the hour markers were NOT removable from the dial so KeNnY had to re-lume them in position - superb! He even lumed the little "dots" at 3, 6, 9 and 12. ;) The pearl couldn't be done without risk of a major disaster but that's no biggy.

I must say that I'm well impressed with this work and KeNnY's comms all the way from start to finish. He's a top man! :D

Anyway, I know, :popcorn::D

Thank you Matej! :thumbsup2:

p9307411v2.jpg

p9307414v2.jpg

p9307421v2.jpg

Member X

Luuuuume! :popcorn:

Luthier

Great job, indeed!

What's the problem with reluming the pearl?

Deyd

Well done, very nice watch ! :popcorn:

HWG

Fantastic Del! Looks amazing! My collection is becoming very similar to yours, but yours has way better lume! :popcorn:

Cynikal.Mindset

I believe the pearl needs to be relumed by removing the bezel and reluming from the back after the old lume is removed since its covered by a small glass/plastic window. if you can get the bezel off with no problems the pearl is easy enough to relume but sometimes the bezel on these things can be a pain to get off let alone back on without damage.

Luthier

Oh, I see. Thanks for explanation. Glass cover...

Well... I'd remove old lume from the top, then put new lume, then, after complete drying, I'd drop a small amount of nitrocellulose lacquer on the top of the lume. It will create a very thin protective coat, and will look like a glass.

KeNnY

Thank you DEL ! :popcorn: I am happy that you are happy, and that it come OK ! I have found some pics and the bezel was also lumed, so I did that also. :D

Yeah too bad that I could not lume the pearl, the top was from glass, and I don't know how to remove it from top (never had this watch before ! this was my first SOSF) and I tried to remove the bezel, but it was holding there really tight and I didn't want to damage the case.

I believe the pearl needs to be relumed by removing the bezel and reluming from the back after the old lume is removed since its covered by a small glass/plastic window. if you can get the bezel off with no problems the pearl is easy enough to relume but sometimes the bezel on these things can be a pain to get off let alone back on without damage.

yes exactly I was thinking that, and it was holding there really strong ;) thanks for explanation.

Oh, I see. Thanks for explanation. Glass cover...

Well... I'd remove old lume from the top, then put new lume, then, after complete drying, I'd drop a small amount of nitrocellulose lacquer on the top of the lume. It will create a very thin protective coat, and will look like a glass.

If it would be created from glue and glue and lume I would remove it for sure like I do with subs and DSSDs no problem. and recreate it again. best this to use is vigors jewellery epoxy.

I am happy that you guys like it, it was hard job, wanted to keep the markers flat and not blob type, If I could remove the indexes it would glow much stronger then. But results are still good :thumbsup2: BTW THe watch is really amazing !! IN Real life it is much much nicer then in photos.

vexorg

what type of lume did you use?

KeNnY

the strongest from w@tchlume Gextreme C1 with C3 white, to get similar color like gen

dingle

hard to believe this is a rep :popcorn:

KeNnY
hard to believe this is a rep :popcorn:

+1 amazing watch I really must say it

Luthier

the strongest from w@tchlume Gextreme C1 with C3 white, to get similar color like gen

I can't find Gextreme on their website.

Have link?

KeNnY

I can't find Gextreme on their website.

Have link?

http://www.watchlume.net/store#!__stor...ergalleryv210=0

just go to premium Lume and you will see GXTREME C3

gianton

Great work!

MikeMcNair

Very well done as always!

In my experience the bezels of breitlings are actually the easiest to remove, wonder why you had issues :/

Also, that glass/plastic in the pearl can be removed by super glueing a drill bit (the flat part) to it and yanking it out fast. Then, simply snap the super glue, and use acetone to remove the residue.

Also, a hobby knife kit has a blade in it that allows you to pop it out.

Del

Thanks for all the comments guys! :thumbsup2:

This now must be one of the best SOSF reps around IMHO! ;)

Well done to KeNnY again! :rofl: :rofl:

digger2

A little bit hard to see the detail in the pictures but from this distance (which is ofc what you will see without "loupe") this looks like a super job, great work Kenny! I hope you can make some lume work on some of my watches later.

Mystery Shopper

Looks sensational Del and terrific work Kenny.

I might send Kenny a PM about a sub with dandruff lume........

NCRich

Del is the watch exactly the same as the 21j with the exception of the movement? I know you've had both. I've got one of Mary's 21js. I can't see a diff other than the movement (well and now the lume).

Del
A little bit hard to see the detail in the pictures but from this distance (which is ofc what you will see without "loupe") this looks like a super job, great work Kenny!

How much detail do you need?! The pics are about twice life-size! :dunno: If it looks good in these pics then it must be good! ;)

Looks sensational Del and terrific work Kenny.

Cheers Scott! :lol:

Del is the watch exactly the same as the 21j with the exception of the movement? I know you've had both. I've got one of Mary's 21js. I can't see a diff other than the movement (well and now the lume).

Visually I think they are the same too. :D