Sign in to follow this  
SeanusMaximus

Has anyone else noticed....

SeanusMaximus

Some of you will have heard of Gumtree, some of you will not have. It is basically a free online classifieds site for the UK, and you can sell pretty much anything..... sounds like that craigslist that you US folks have... ;)

http://www.gumtree.com/

Anyway, has anyone noticed how many reps are sold on that place? just make a simple 'Rolex Submariner' search.....

Has a new rep marketplace been uncovered here?

Discuss.......:popcorn:

Ped

I've just clicked on one after a submariner search and it even says sea dweller on the fuckin dial!!!!!

SeanusMaximus
I've just clicked on one after a submariner search and it even says sea dweller on the fuckin dial!!!!!

Haha there are also several people claiming they are 'unwanted gifts - assured genuine'....for £250 hahahahaaa..... :thumbsup:

onionbag

I noticed this a while ago whilst researching cheap gens...I once thought I was going to get a Grand Seiko for £110, but the guy's son advertised the wrong watch. :thumbsup:

admiralsas

Lots of people just happening to find genuine Breitlings in the back of taxi cabs and wanting to sell.....

SeanusMaximus

Some dont seem to make any bones about what they are selling - found a DSSD with the buyer giving all the details that mary or robert wold normally give, calling it latest gen etc :thumbsup:

Del

I've used Gumtree a few times to sell items (not reps! :thumbsup:) but I've never thought to search for reps!

Maybe I'll check it out for a laugh! :woo:

markeym3

Oh Jesus , there is some real shit there , genuine rolex yes honest guv' £395 ,, bloody hell the thing is people will prob by this shite ,, "Breitling navitimer , good condition broken strap , called breitling and a new replacement £50 " :thumbsup:

SeanusMaximus
Oh Jesus , there is some real shit there , genuine rolex yes honest guv' £395 ,, bloody hell the thing is people will prob by this shite ,, "Breitling navitimer , good condition broken strap , called breitling and a new replacement £50 " :woo:

It gets better :thumbsup:

markeym3
Oh Jesus , there is some real shit there , genuine rolex yes honest guv' £395 ,, bloody hell the thing is people will prob by this shite ,, "Breitling navitimer , good condition broken strap , called breitling and a new replacement £50 " :woo:

It gets better :thumbsup:

unbelievable , have you seen the Hublot rose gold ,, have a read , what a legend

SeanusMaximus
Oh Jesus , there is some real shit there , genuine rolex yes honest guv' £395 ,, bloody hell the thing is people will prob by this shite ,, "Breitling navitimer , good condition broken strap , called breitling and a new replacement £50 " ;)

It gets better :woo:

unbelievable , have you seen the Hublot rose gold ,, have a read , what a legend

Oh lord..... :thumbsup:

markeym3
Oh Jesus , there is some real shit there , genuine rolex yes honest guv' £395 ,, bloody hell the thing is people will prob by this shite ,, "Breitling navitimer , good condition broken strap , called breitling and a new replacement £50 " ;)

It gets better :woo:

was it this one you read

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/rose-gol...-watch/86700878

just superb

Member X

Oh dear... :thumbsup: lol

SeanusMaximus
Oh Jesus , there is some real shit there , genuine rolex yes honest guv' £395 ,, bloody hell the thing is people will prob by this shite ,, "Breitling navitimer , good condition broken strap , called breitling and a new replacement £50 " :facepalm:

It gets better ;)

Yeah that's the one - talk about selling a story :woo:

was it this one you read

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/rose-gol...-watch/86700878

just superb

gtwc

I like the fact that the seller of the 'Rose Gold Hublot' mentions "unlike replicas" and "weight of titanium" in the same para.

Methinks me smells a rat.

Thanks Sean for enlightening me to Gumtree ('stead of those fuckin' annoying TV ads).

SeanusMaximus
I like the fact that the seller of the 'Rose Gold Hublot' mentions "unlike replicas" and "weight of titanium" in the same para.

Methinks me smells a rat.

Thanks Sean for enlightening me to Gumtree ('stead of those fuckin' annoying TV ads).

haha no worries mate, it appears to be like most things, even ebay; wade through the shite and you can find something good :thumbsup:

Dingo1974

A lot go in the classified section of car forums as well, one particular VW based forum has loads of cheaper reps on at the moment.

Greenhat
Some of you will have heard of Gumtree, some of you will not have. It is basically a free online classifieds site for the UK, and you can sell pretty much anything..... sounds like that craigslist that you US folks have... ;)

http://www.gumtree.com/

Anyway, has anyone noticed how many reps are sold on that place? just make a simple 'Rolex Submariner' search.....

Has a new rep marketplace been uncovered here?

Discuss.......;)

keep stum son, That's where i sell my Old gen Rolex Watches when i`m bored with them

Luto

Gumtree is owned by ebay I think. Anyway, its well known as a place for where dubious products are sold - i dont just mean reps, but genuine stolen goods be it electronics, bikes, jewelry or whatever. I've tried buying things from there and found some good genuine people to deal with but there's a lot of dodgy sellers there too. Very popular in London, not so much outside London.

SeanusMaximus
Gumtree is owned by ebay I think. Anyway, its well known as a place for where dubious products are sold - i dont just mean reps, but genuine stolen goods be it electronics, bikes, jewelry or whatever. I've tried buying things from there and found some good genuine people to deal with but there's a lot of dodgy sellers there too. Very popular in London, not so much outside London.

Thanks for that mate, good to know :P