JohnG

RWG1: What do I buy now???!!!

JohnG

So...

My step mother doesn't like to risk buying gifts that people won't like so she insists on knowing what I want for Christmas... so you know what is coming now.

First of all, my GF doesn't want me to ask for a watch - she wants me to ask for pretty much ANYTHING else... Possiblities are a used iPhone on eBay, a 22" lcd screen for my computer, and/or new shades to replace some RayBans I just lost...

Okay, so that is what SHE wants...

I still want a watch. The truth is that she has brainwashed me enough that I am going to sell my Explorer I since I never wear it, same goes for my cheapo Pam, and if I were to buy another Breitling, I would probably sell the SOSF... That way I could finance another watch after Christmas...

So, what do I want?

Right now, more or less in this order (though the exact order is always in flux)

Super Avenger (tried one on in Charles de Gaulle Airport and it is not too big on me - turns out my wrist is actually 8" and rather wide...)

Pam - something with sandwich dial, plain bezel, preferably brushed or tit. case...

IWC Ingenieur

Omega SMP Chrono...

Tag Auqaracer Chrono...

Okay, so I am really leaning towards the Super Avenger with SS bracelet and white or blue dial...

Another issue - if I ask for the SA, who to buy from? Ruby is no longer reliable. She hasn't even shipped a datejust I ordered for a friend on Oct. 28th, so I am not ordering anything from her anymore. EuroTimez isn't taking orders until Dec. 5 and I don't even know if he stocks it... Am I finally going to order a watch from Josh? :lol:

Discuss...

JohnG

WHITE_1_m.jpg

IMG_2480.jpg

NFleischer

How about PAM111H, that has a sandwich dial. i just ordered one from Josh

i'll let you know when i get it.

JohnG
How about PAM111H, that has a sandwich dial. i just ordered one from Josh

i'll let you know when i get it.

That is a very nice watch - but I like the matt/brushed finish better or some combo of brushed case and cg, polished bezel... I don't know them well enough to say which would have that and sandwich dial... but I recall seeing something like that that I wanted... but I think for now I want the SA first...

but I keep going back and forth. Arrrggghhhh

Luthier
So...

and/or new shades to replace some RayBans I just lost...

Another issue - if I ask for the SA, who to buy from? Ruby is no longer reliable. She hasn't even shipped a datejust I ordered for a friend on Oct. 28th, so I am not ordering anything from her anymore. EuroTimez isn't taking orders until Dec. 5 and I don't even know if he stocks it... Am I finally going to order a watch from Josh? :notworthy:

Discuss...

You lost HER shades??? How come???

You want good watch fast and with CQ? Try Mary. I just ordered TAG Calibre 17 from her. Rose Gold, brown leather strap.. Yummy!

So, you don't love Ruby anymore?

Hehehe...

JohnG

That is what she wants ME to ask for - I lost my own shades and she (girlfriend) wants me to ask for new ones, rather than another watch... she is sick of me getting watches...

If you had a girl, you would know the feeling.

:notworthy:

Guest dave123

I have a new white dial SA rep coming,i will put up comparison pics along with my gen,see if the color stacks up,if you want to wait a few days before deciding on the obvious choice,and the choice you will be making anyway,the SA.

I will be taking the dial out and putting in a gen black batons dial,and putting my gen ocean racer strap on it,will look great,a fake beater for a little over a grand that you can actually take out of the house.... :notworthy:

greg_r

Yup - I'd buy from Josh or maybe PWC/Time4Direct. Personally, I'd go the PAM route - buying Breitlings makes you look Canadian, you know..... :notworthy:

Given your comments about Ruby, should we remove her from the official dealer list, do you think?

Luthier

That is what she wants ME to ask for - I lost my own shades and she (girlfriend) wants me to ask for new ones, rather than another watch... she is sick of me getting watches...

I have many, John... It's like reps - have many, til you'll get one genuine...

oscarmadfish

that breitling in johns pics is lovely

bme

Luthier doth protesteth too much me thinks :D

We need pics!

alphakazi
Ruby is no longer reliable. She hasn't even shipped a datejust I ordered for a friend on Oct. 28th, so I am not ordering anything from her anymore.

you recall my SOH in my avatar - well that was many months ago - Ruby doesn't even reply anymore - I've chalked it up as a loss - she confirmed receiving the watch in October - last I heard from her

greg_r
Ruby is no longer reliable. She hasn't even shipped a datejust I ordered for a friend on Oct. 28th, so I am not ordering anything from her anymore.

you recall my SOH in my avatar - well that was many months ago - Ruby doesn't even reply anymore - I've chalked it up as a loss - she confirmed receiving the watch in October - last I heard from her

hmm - I think she's gotta come off the dealer list for now, then....

greg_r
[quote name='JohnG' post='3481' date='Dec 1 2008, 05:41

Luthier doth protesteth too much me thinks :)

We need pics!

cocker.jpg

cakemaster

John, don't ask for somehing you just want, ask for something you really need :)

handzoff_cream.gif

Luthier

Luthier doth protesteth too much me thinks :thumbsup:

We need pics!

Just open any celebs magazine.

:wacko:

oscarmadfish

nice

JohnG
Greg (Daytona4Me) sells the SA on his site:

http://watchwoot.com/magento/index.php/bre...white-dial.html

You'll have to ask him if it's the "new" dial.

It's a huge beast, John.

Thanks Doc, yes I know it is big. I tried it on in the airport in Paris though and it isn't too big on me. It seems I was wrong about my wrist size - it is almost 8 inches AND it is rather wide, sort of flat and wide, not round. So that watch dooesn't look silly (hanging over the sides of my wrist) on me.

As to Ruby - if Alpha also can't get an answer out of her, maybe for the time being we should take her off. Or at least put up a caveat that lately she has been extraordinarily slow and to proceed with caution. Let people make up their own minds...

JohnG

Doc, so Watch Woot is D4M's site? He has a GREAT price if I could get the new true white dial...

onzenuub

A nice TAG ??

greg_r
As to Ruby - if Alpha also can't get an answer out of her, maybe for the time being we should take her off. Or at least put up a caveat that lately she has been extraordinarily slow and to proceed with caution. Let people make up their own minds...

I've removed her for now - we can re-instate her if the situation changes. Trying to keep the 'official' list as noob-friendly as possible for now.

JohnG

I've removed her for now - we can re-instate her if the situation changes. Trying to keep the 'official' list as noob-friendly as possible for now.

Ahhh...

Then we should have an "Extreme" Dealers List - for thrill seekers. yeah...

greg_r

Ahhh...

Then we should have an "Extreme" Dealers List - for thrill seekers. yeah...

Hmm - featuring TTK, Ruby for the noobs and Bestswiss and RolexAward for people like EP yes? ;)

Seriously, though - if enough folks think Ruby should stay on there, I'll re-instate her. This isn't really a democracy, but mob rule works too..... :)

JohnG
Seriously, though - if enough folks think Ruby should stay on there, I'll re-instate her. This isn't really a democracy, but mob rule works too..... :)

Well, leave her off for now, I will let you guys know how it turns out... I am not opposed to putting her on there with a good caveat - but perhaps it is wise to wait to see if this is temporary or if she really is in some long term decline...