JohnG

RWG1: What do I buy now???!!!

greg_r
Seriously, though - if enough folks think Ruby should stay on there, I'll re-instate her. This isn't really a democracy, but mob rule works too..... :)

Well, leave her off for now, I will let you guys know how it turns out... I am not opposed to putting her on there with a good caveat - but perhaps it is wise to wait to see if this is temporary or if she really is in some long term decline...

Fair enough. Thanks, John.

JohnG
Fair enough. Thanks, John.

Speaking of the devil...

Just now checked my email and got this from Ruby:

hi my friend

i am sorry for the late reply. i got hyperthyrea, i went to hospital.i still have to go again tomorrow. i will get you a etra jubilee band on my cost. i will send the watch off first. please give me your address again.

i am sorry again

thanks

ruby

AllergyDoc

IMO, the dealers list should not be updated at a whim. It should take a well established pattern of poor service, shoddy product, etc., before someone gets bumped off.

JohnG
IMO, the dealers list should not be updated at a whim. It should take a well established pattern of poor service, shoddy product, etc., before someone gets bumped off.

I agree. But a month from payment and no watch shipped is pretty poor service. And at RWG.cc and RG there have been a lot of threads lately titled "where's Ruby?" I have noticed them because I have been asking the same question.

Definitely she has been sliding. When I got my SSD it took 22 days from payment to receipt of watch. That was considered a LONG time even for her. Now, I ordered a watch in October, we are now in December, and not only has she not shipped yet, she doesn't even have the bracelet that I specfically requested. To boot, I asked that the watch be delivered by Nov 20th for a B-day present, and well, here we are in December. If I get it by Christmas I will be lucky now.

Even TTK took less time.

So, you guys decide whether she should be on the list - but if she is on, it should be with a BIG caveat. As Greg said, the list should be noob-friendly and right now I would NOT tell a friend new to the hobby "buy with confidence." She is having issues and her delivery times and service have been sliding for some time now...

JohnG

I should also mention that a week ago her excuse was that her hotmail wasn't working, now it is that she has been in the hospital. I am beginning to doubt her word.

Luthier
I should also mention that a week ago her excuse was that her hotmail wasn't working, now it is that she has been in the hospital. I am beginning to doubt her word.

John, how about TAG Grand Carrera Caliber 17 in RG, brown face/leather? Stunning watch!

About Ruby... I'll take a risk and order something from her. So, it will be or pardon or last nail in her coffin.

JohnG

Okay, SA in White or Blue??? Looking at gen pics... here are a few...

IMG_1487.jpg

iabounty

My God man............ Ask for SOMETHING FOR THE HOUSE............. REMEMBER THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fake wristwatches are for you to buy for yourself and not for others. Ok now what I would do........ Buy the SA yourself. If you have a white dial SOSF buy the blue dial SA. Please yourself mate......... Woops I mean Get the watch you want and wear the wool socks Grandma gives you with a smile on your face. Say hello to the Kennedy clan for me in Boston. Did some gaurd duty there in the Marine corps in the early 70's. (Before Watergate........)

JohnG

Nice price on a gen with baton dial here... I think Dave posted in the thread - I know he is a member here:

http://breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6076

Luthier

Definitely blue.

JohnG
Definitely blue.

I am thinking the same... I love the blue SOSF but if I get an SA I will sell it to help finance an Ingy... or a Pam... or something... so I wouldn't have two blue Breitlings.

The blue is pretty sexy...

JohnG

The thing is...

The current blue dial has the white subdials...

8.jpg

But I like the subdials better on the new baton dial... so, I would have to either get white dial/white subdials, or get the blue/white and wait for new rep dial and the replace it OR buy a new dial on eBay...

9.jpg

WHAT TO DO???????????!!!!!!!!!

JohnG

So is it white or Blue? White I can get from Sead for 235 shipped, blue would have to be ordered by him... or I could get the Blue from Josh for a bit more and dropshipped...

I don't want to get white just because I have to wait for blue and frankly I am leaning towards blue... should I take chances with Josh?

JohnG

On the other hand, the white is damn fine too.... might have to toss a coin.

oscarmadfish

i prefer the new subdials

Luthier

How about this?

They have black and blue.

MOVEMENT: New Asia Valjoux 7750 (28,800bph)

CASE DIAMETER: 44mm

THICKNESS: 18mm

DIAL COLOR: Black/blue Dial with Black/blue Subdial and Embossed Numerals Markers

CASE MATERIAL: Solid Stainless Steel 316L

BRACELET: Solid SS Bracelet with Deployant Buckle

FRONT GLASS: Sapphire with DOUBLE SIDED AR

$240, maybe less.

Juny.jpg

20087302151382.jpg

Edited by Luthier

greg_r
The thing is...

The current blue dial has the white subdials...

But I like the subdials better on the new baton dial... so, I would have to either get white dial/white subdials, or get the blue/white and wait for new rep dial and the replace it OR buy a new dial on eBay...

WHAT TO DO???????????!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I'd buy the white dial, but then I'm a sucker for white dials :D

Luthier
Personally, I'd buy the white dial, but then I'm a sucker for white dials :D

I personally have only one problem with white dials - if hands are white too, hard to find it - white on white.

But white dials are very elegant, have to admit it.

trailboss99
. Or at least put up a caveat that lately she has been extraordinarily slow and to proceed with caution. Let people make up their own minds...

Sounds good to me.

Col.

JohnG

Ordered from Sead at RG - but no pics till Christmas as it will go under the tree when it gets here. My step mom doesn't believe in suprises but she believes in the whole "don't open until Christmas" thing...

IMG_2479.jpg

greg_r
Personally, I'd buy the white dial, but then I'm a sucker for white dials :thumbsup:

I personally have only one problem with white dials - if hands are white too, hard to find it - white on white.

But white dials are very elegant, have to admit it.

No argument - on either score. I'm still a sucker for white dials, though :lolcina: