Sign in to follow this  
vinnie007

NOOB Factory

vinnie007
NOOB Factory, Where is it located?

I seriously doubt they have a sign hanging outside, bro. This is more or less an underground industry after all.

Just wondering if it's in China or in Taiwan(i read somewhere else)

Member X

China. Original Noobfactory was somewhere else but this new factory is being called Noobfactory (even though it's not the original one) and the name has kind of stuck. Either way, it doesn't really matter where it's located as long as the watches it is putting out are good quality.

SeanusMaximus

its through here: ;)

Wardrobe.jpg

vinnie007
Either way, it doesn't really matter where it's located as long as the watches it is putting out are good quality.

True!

pamelo

Nowadays, everything is made in China, or another Asian country.

But trying to find a factory that makes an item is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

And I'm talking about legit stuff-not replicas.

Many American companies have subsidiaries in China which make the stuff they sell here.

They keep the locations of those factories to themselves. They are spread all over the place.

narikaa

Location of the 'Noobfactory'

thats relatively simple

For it exists solely in the furtive imaginations of several Chinese suppliers

trailboss99

Not at all Narikaa.

The problem here is that what is now called the Noobfactory is a entirely different entity to the makers of the fabled noobmariner.

So Mr OP: What is now referred to as Noobfactory is the factory in China that supposedly supplied the case sets for the Noobmariner to the makers in Thailand. They are somehow tied in with George of WM9 fame (he apparently makes their case moulds and other tooling). As to their exact location, you don't need to know and for that matter neither do I.

twall
...... As to their exact location, you don't need to know and for that matter neither do I.

.....so if they waterboard you, it'll be impossible to spill the beans? :P

Everybody knows that all reps are forged in the 7th level of hell, and delivered by demons to the child laborers in China who assemble thousands of them for three grains of rice a day while being whipped. Or at least that's what the haters would like you to believe. ;)

trailboss99

Three grains???? they now get three grains? Spoilt I tells you!

twall

....what will they do with it all?

- did I mention, in addition to being highly unethical, purchase of a rep is an unforgivable filthy sin. So save your soul, and avert thine eyes! :P

Lt.Timewalker

This is what I speculate, based on what I've read from the chinese sites, and I paraphrase:

" Its said to be a former watch factory in Guangdong done behind closed doors. When the first Chinese watch industry developed, state funding imported from Switzerland the one hundred and twenty thousand Swiss watchmaking equipment, half of which was distributed to the Guangdong part, to the Shanghai part to Tianjin, which today led to the development of Shanghai Shanghai Watch Factory, Tianjin has evolved into today's familiar Seagull watch factory, and Guangdong will become today the world's largest watch parts distribution center, gathered here the whole of China's most high-end watchmaking technology, up to the most expensive watches, as well as Maintenance watchmaking skills. The rep community gave it the code Noob Factory, or N factory. The open moulds created here have been through silimarly exacting processes as the Swiss for re-engraving, case polishing, metallurgy, drop forging, dial finish, PVD, crown and case fit have been done perfectly. Another feature is the luminosity which is not the cheap lume but imported from Switzerland, where in the dark it shines very sharp with a long duration up to 13 hours. N factory are most mature for their Panerai watches, there was a case where someone went to an AD counter to make the master watchmaker ID the watch and the watchmaker was not able to see that it was fake. Perhaps some people do not believe that, myself included so I myself took a try just to see the differences as I have seen so many reps and gens. So to say, the Noob version of the watch is the replica to the most extreme, and better than many mid tier or entry level genuine watch."

Edited by Lt.Timewalker

g.man

M'kay.

Kemist

I did a quick search, and this is what Noob factory looks like:

Noobfactory_zpsd4047828.jpg

They even have the sign for it