Sign in to follow this  
flamagic

Nautilus from Mary Arrived -finally

mbjoer
Nice, I really like the Nautilus

btw....is this the "ultimate Selitta version??

Probably, I'm thinking of ordering it to compare it to my MBK Nautilus, dial seems better a lot better on this one (color, dots, date window) but possibly not the case and bracelet. and of course seeing the movement is both a plus and minus since it's not exactly as nice as the PP movement! A lot of closeups here http://s424.photobucket.com/albums/pp329/t...nt=PPnautSS.jpg

Would be great if you could make a comparison.

As to open back, I think the rep makers could turn it much more in the direction of positive by adding nicely engraved plates and rotor. They will never get the movement itself right, but that is largely invisible on the Gen anyway.

Mine actually has the closed back which is what I wanted. This is closest to the original Nautilus model 3711(the new model 5711 has the display back). Display backs are nice but, lets face it; its not a Patek movement (and I know I'll think that ever time I look at it..).

The movement is the high beat asian 4813 - 28800bph. Works great - good reliable movement and if anything happens, very cheap - Ill just pick up a couple spare movements and do a movement swap if it needs service.

In short this watch has everything I wanted....I reallly like it!

Dan

This one with a closed case back does sound like the best available option at the moment. I didn't know it existed.

Still, finances dictate that I just hold on to my MBW for now...

flamagic

I think that if you removed the second hand on mine, you would have a pretty damn close copy of the original nautilus 3700(I prefer vintage watches myself..). The only difference is the date window is a bit too far to the left. Now, if you purchased a new ultimate version with the date window in correct position and swapped that dial/movement (without second hand) into my solid back case, then it would be just about a perfect copy of a 3700.....

Dan

myaz
I have this, too - like it!!!

question - in every example I see - the 12 oclock markers are not parallel - drives me mad

gaaarrrl!! I hate it when you point these things out that I would not notice otherwise :D but don't stop: I still buy the watches. :lol:

webvan
This one with a closed case back does sound like the best available option at the moment. I didn't know it existed.

Still, finances dictate that I just hold on to my MBW for now...

I think that "Asian" version is a copy of the MBW really with a better dial (at least witout the errors, not sure about the color) but the case and bracelet are supposed to be inferior according to some comparisons/reviews I'd read, pix comes to mind.

flamagic

Just a quick update...I removed the second hand and ended up with what I consider a pretty excellent rep of the vintage Patek Nautilus 3700 (the original Nautilus 1976-1990). As I do prefer vintage watches this really fits me...Haven't worn another watch since I got it! I am thrilled with this watch!

DSCN0809.jpg

DSCN0807.jpg

Dan

Member X

That looks really nice, well done :)

I love the sweep of an ETA seconds hand but that looks really nice and uncluttered and understated B)

webvan

Catching up...

Nice work on removing the seconds hand, might try that on my MBW too. One thing I'd like to figure out is how to access the movement to regultate it a tad. It should be a split stem in there (like on the rep) but even when I pull hard it does't come out so I'm not sure what else to try, any ideas?

parisianshut

This is a great idea... I think i'm gonna order a 21j version and remove the second hand. Thanks for the idea!!

Burnleybezel

Wow I was not a big PP fan and now...

honeybear

No, the Ultimate version has a date window that is very close to the edge of the dial. See below.

DSC00309.jpg

Luthier

21j.

Nautilus.jpg

012-18.jpg

FLArch

Awesome. So Mary may be getting ajingle from this chap

replicastuff

congrats! nice looking colour combo

FLArch
I think that if you removed the second hand on mine, you would have a pretty damn close copy of the original nautilus 3700(I prefer vintage watches myself..). The only difference is the date window is a bit too far to the left. Now, if you purchased a new ultimate version with the date window in correct position and swapped that dial/movement (without second hand) into my solid back case, then it would be just about a perfect copy of a 3700.....

Dan

Dan thank you for sharing this great information

Forgive my ignorance but how would I go about removing the secondhand, and any watch repair shop handle this?

FLArch

No, the Ultimate version has a date window that is very close to the edge of the dial. See below.

DSC00309.jpg

And doesn't have thee extra dot by window

KrakDrazh

Problem with this one is that there is only 4 "rows" on the dial on this version counting from the mid down to the top of the first line at the bottom. On the gen it is 5, and the sunken rows are wider on the mbk and the gen.

Anyone that have compared the dial of these two versions to see which one that feels and looks the best? I don't really care which one is most like the gen, but i do want to know which version that look the best irl! =D

myaz

Mine actually has the closed back which is what I wanted. This is closest to the original Nautilus model 3711(the new model 5711 has the display back). Display backs are nice but, lets face it; its not a Patek movement (and I know I'll think that ever time I look at it..).

I like that thinking. it's one of my favorite reps. Don't know about the original model but the new one has the date window a little closer to the 3 O'clock dot..

flamagic

Dan

Dan thank you for sharing this great information

Forgive my ignorance but how would I go about removing the secondhand, and any watch repair shop handle this?

Its very easy on this model. The bezel/crystal assembly is held on by some small screws on either side (both the crown and the "hinge" side). remove with your jeweler's screwdriver and remove the bezel. I used a hands puller to remove the second hand but if you don't have, very carefully pry it up and off with your small screwdriver. That's it! Replace the bezel/crystal assembly (making sure the rubber gasket is in place). Re-install screws - done! If you're apprehensive, any jeweler can do in 5 minutes...

Dan