Sign in to follow this  
The_SubmarinerBoy

does the Omega Seamaster Professional 300M exist in 42.5mm faces?

The_SubmarinerBoy

Hi guys i saw the watch im after on one of the trusted dealers website, it is exactly what im looking for an omega seamaster pro with blue bezel and dial and the red words seamaster. Its great except i noticed it days the diameters are 42.5(case diameter) x 14mm (thickness). Are the real omegas this measurement? Its from Trusty times by the way. Ideally id like one that looks as real as possibe

NFleischer

No I think its only about 41mm.

Welcome!

The_SubmarinerBoy

Would buying a 42mm make a huge difference? Ultimately im looking for something that looks as 1:1 as possible

Crusader

I don't think there is ultimate version of this... The biggest ''tell'' is usually the Helium valve, which should be like on this one below, above the 10, not alligned with it and the second hand, it usually longer on gen.

omega-seamaster-300-m-ch.png

Here is mine from Reg, I'm really pleased with it. It's not 1:1, but I don't mind the details that much :wub:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=19216

The_SubmarinerBoy
I don't think there is ultimate version of this... The biggest ''tell'' is usually the Helium valve, which should be like on this one below, above the 10, not alligned with it and the second hand, it usually longer on gen.

omega-seamaster-300-m-ch.png

Here is mine from Reg, I'm really pleased with it. It's not 1:1, but I don't mind the details that much :(

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=19216

That is a very nice one. I'm quite picky about the pearls too, I'm looking for ones that are depressed in. What is yours 41mm?

Do you know if the genuine ones come in 37 or 36mm? And if Brosnan has worn it before?

Crusader

Yea, mine is in 41mm, just the right size. The chronometer ones are a bit thicker I think and I wouldn't want that.

I can't really tell which size Pierce Brosnan wore. I can tell you he has older 1993 version with printed markers on the dial and so as Omega logo. The newer ones has glued markers, I think it's 2000 version, like on mine. But I'm not 100 % sure on those things, since I never really looked it up.

Some reading about SMP history:

http://www.chronocentric.com/omega/seamaster.shtml

And Bond's wrist:

b.jpg

d.jpg

tnd09.jpg