greg_r

This week's wristies

greg_r

Doc, if you keep posting photos of that quality, you might even persuade me that I like Hublots. :lol:

oscarmadfish

i like hublot pics better than i like tit pics lol gorgeous watch AD

greg you know you wanna

greg_r

greg you know you wanna

LOL - I'm not entirely convinced, but they're growing on me........

(you like 'em better than tit pics? My, you really are addicted, aintcha? :D)

Yesterday and today the classic GMT II pepsi for me

OK, if red/blue is pepsi... then what the hell is Colamariner?

Luthier, let me say from the bottom of my heart - I have no fucking clue.

Anybody care to deliver us from our confusion? :lol:

rc42

Today for me was the GMT Master II with correct hand stack and ceramic sandwich bezel :Whistle:

GMT_CHS_wrist.jpg

I removed the cyclops from the date window as I can't stand those things and my eyes aren't old enough to need it, and I also relumed it because the rep lume had zero glow after 30 minutes or so.

I used a 50/50 blend of blue glow lume (yellow powder) from Flav and green glow lume (white powder) from Ofrei so that I could get a blueish glow without making the markers look yellow in daylight. The exception was the GMT hand where I used green glow (off white powder) again from Flav.

GMT_CHS_Lume_wrist.jpg

Its not quite to Ziggy or Vaccum standards but I'm getting better, here's a closer view :Jumpy:

GMT_CHS_Lume_close.jpg

AllergyDoc

You used a different mixture on the GMT hand?

It's damn even lume. The rep has strong hand lume but poor hour markers.

SliceMaster

greg you know you wanna

(you like 'em better than tit pics? My, you really are addicted, aintcha? :Jumpy:)

Anybody care to deliver us from our confusion? :Whistle:

Here you are guys: http://www.watcheden.com/rolex-submariner-...tch--11672.html

A true copy from Rolex own catalog............Nope it´s a fantasymodel of course

rc42
You used a different mixture on the GMT hand?

It's damn even lume. The rep has strong hand lume but poor hour markers.

I felt like making it a little bit different so the GMT hand now glows greener than the rest :Whistle:

Hands are quite easy to lume neatly as they're done from the back, markers are more difficult but in this case I had to remove all of the old lume first as it was already bulging above the edges of the markers and the four hand stack means that the gaps between hands and between hands and dial are smaller which leaves little room for an extra lume layer.

With the markers empty and extra thinners in the lume mix to make it runny the droplets come off the oiler easily and spread evenly in the marker.

GMT_CHS_Markers.jpg

The lume surface looks a little rough under a loupe, mostly because I didn't put a clear varnish layer on top, but the edges all look neat.

It looks fine with the naked eye though.

I think I'll put together a luming tutorial soon :Jumpy:

RolexAddict

Great job rc42,

I have a poor experience in re-lume job, I have to learn more...

Tomorrow, december 3, will be a Daytona day

oscarmadfish

well done rc42 :Whistle:

Xyphis

Colamariner:

colamariner.jpg

Not to be confused with the red/black GMT:

gmtredblack2.jpg

greg_r
[

I felt like making it a little bit different so the GMT hand now glows greener than the rest :)

The lume surface looks a little rough under a loupe, mostly because I didn't put a clear varnish layer on top, but the edges all look neat.

It looks fine with the naked eye though.

I think I'll put together a luming tutorial soon :)

Damn good lume job, RC - thanks for sharing! :)

RolexAddict

Today, I wear this:

Black costume and grey pullover

Vednesday1.jpg

And this watch

Vednesday2.jpg

Have a nice day!

AllergyDoc

My "Transformer" GMT from BK:

TGMT4.jpg

TGMT1.jpg

Edited by AllergyDoc

greg_r

On a Rolex kick atm - must buy another.

Haven't worn this in ages, so figured it was due an outing:

RSSDD04.jpg

Luthier

greg you know you wanna

(you like 'em better than tit pics? My, you really are addicted, aintcha? :))

Anybody care to deliver us from our confusion? :)

Here you are guys: http://www.watcheden.com/rolex-submariner-...tch--11672.html

A true copy from Rolex own catalog............Nope it´s a fantasymodel of course

That's what I thought, when I mocked Weyman for this watch from his catalog:

ColaMariner.jpg

Luthier

I think I'll put together a luming tutorial soon :)

YOU MUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luthier

Wednesday's watch.

I see- everyone put Rolex down, but everyone (ok, almost everyone) wear it at least one day in a week.

Rolex rocks!!!

Still.

DSCF0030-1.jpg

greg_r
Wednesday's watch.

I see- everyone put Rolex down, but everyone (ok, almost everyone) wear it at least one day in a week.

Rolex rocks!!!

Still.

I like Rolex. Always have. Yes, I have something of a Panerai addiction, but I'm getting treatment and I don't have to wear one every day... *twitch* :drunksing:

Seriously, though - a Rollie day/date was my daily watch for over 5 years. My DeepSea is one of my favourites.

I really don't get the 'Rolex backlash'. Interesting thing is that it tends to be Breitling nuts who are the worst.... have you noticed that?

Massimo

What it is about Rolex? I have grown to love them purely thanks to reps, and now I also need that "one day a week" fix. Trouble is, now I'd quite like a gen!

greg_r
What it is about Rolex? I have grown to love them purely thanks to reps, and now I also need that "one day a week" fix. Trouble is, now I'd quite like a gen!

You and me both. Plus a PAM.... :drunksing:

Luthier
Wednesday's watch.

Rolex rocks!!!

Still.

I like Rolex. Always have. Yes, I have something of a Panerai addiction, but I'm getting treatment and I don't have to wear one every day... *twitch* :drunksing:

Seriously, though - a Rollie day/date was my daily watch for over 5 years. My DeepSea is one of my favourites.

I really don't get the 'Rolex backlash'. Interesting thing is that it tends to be Breitling nuts who are the worst.... have you noticed that?

Yes, I've noticed it. Maybe they just envy? Don't take me wrong, I like SOSF, and Navi, but Breitling always was, is and always will be mid-class brand.

Rolex is a legend. Period. And, I'm sure, when we going out, we hope everyone will think we wear gens, so, Rolex is a PRESTIGE, doesn't matter what some ppl say- "oldmanwatch", or all this crap. Let me tell you one story. I came to USA 19 years ago, and after few weeks I befriended with one guy, kind of young businessman. Once he took me to an appointment, so sign up the deal. It didn't work well, so, he asked for appointment with the boss of the company.

They arranged it on next day. So, next day I came to his house, and he was preparing for this appointment. He wore black suit, we went there on his Mercedes, and when he talked to big boss, he "accidently" checked the time, flashing his watch, and boss saw his full gold President, and my friend's right hand was constantly played with Montblank pen. Deal was signed. After I asked - what's changed boss's mind? He said - he understood, that I can't borrow Merc, Rolley, and other things. So, it's mine. So, I'm rich. So, my business is good. So, he can trust me. I was in shock - What, is it really so primitive????

He said - Yes, it DOES works here.So... Rolex rules!!! Not Breitling.

:drunksing:

greg_r
Yes, I've noticed it. Maybe they just envy? Don't take me wrong, I like SOSF, and Navi, but Breitling always was, is and always will be mid-class brand.

Rolex is a legend. Period. And, I'm sure, when we going out, we hope everyone will think we wear gens, so, Rolex is a PRESTIGE, doesn't matter what some ppl say- "oldmanwatch", or all this crap. Let me tell you one story. I came to USA 19 years ago, and after few weeks I befriended with one guy, kind of young businessman. Once he took me to an appointment, so sign up the deal. It didn't work well, so, he asked for appointment with the boss of the company.

They arranged it on next day. So, next day I came to his house, and he was preparing for this appointment. He wore black suit, we went there on his Mercedes, and when he talked to big boss, he "accidently" checked the time, flashing his watch, and boss saw his full gold President, and my friend's right hand was constantly played with Montblank pen. Deal was signed. After I asked - what's changed boss's mind? He said - he understood, that I can't borrow Merc, Rolley, and other things. So, it's mine. So, I'm rich. So, my business is good. So, he can trust me. I was in shock - What, is it really so primitive????

He said - Yes, it DOES works here.So... Rolex rules!!! Not Breitling.

LOL - good story, but I suspect Dave will disagree :D

oscarmadfish

i still have not got a rolex but i will get one soon

greg_r
i still have not got a rolex but i will get one soon

Have you a particular model in mind?

oscarmadfish

i like the deepsea dweller