Sign in to follow this  
tyrantblade

anybody else strickly like bracelets?

tyrantblade

For me I have to have a metal bracelet on my watches, I don't care for other options at all.

Aren

Hi tyrantblade,

This is a great question, but depends completely on personal taste.

To me watches and accessories are kind of like music.

I like most, but not all.

Even if we start out only appreciating one kind of music,

we eventually find other types we also like. :lol:

I started out years ago only liking metal bracelet watches, and only gold.

When I started to wear watches again last year, I really liked the leather straps.

An appreciation for Stainless Steel also emerged.

Then, I received a nice Nato strap and I liked it too.

Now, I appreciate them all, and find that what I like most depends on the specific watch.

I enjoy looking at watch/strap/band combinations.

A great watch can have a totally new, different and unusual look merely by changing the strap. This is versatility at it's best.

I look at watches in the wrist check and the versatility first jumped out at me by looking at gregr's PAM combos and mondeov6' combos. It was remarkable how the same dial could appear like a different watch from the combo chosen.

This versatility is what can make one watch uniquely different from another.

I especially like the vintage and military type watches on leather straps.

I don't normally think Rolex looks good with a leather strap, but I saw a Rolex on a Nato that looked great.

I look at every watch on an individual basis.

I can recognize many of the watches here because I have looked at them often.

When a member changes the strap, I recognize the watch, but might think the watch looks new because the strap has provided an significantly different look.

I try not to have a fixed idea about any particular watch in my mind.

Many members change the straps as soon as they get new watches.

It is a creative process which makes their watch unique.

After being here for a while it is easier to remain open to appreciate the creations of others which I like and would have never imagined on my own.

Variety is great and a strap can give a whole new and different look.

You can personalize your watch with a new strap. This is fantastic to me.

The watches that have other than OEM straps/bracelets distinguish them in creative, beautiful and interesting ways IMHO. :lol:

All the Best,

Arenaria

gtwc
For me I have to have a metal bracelet on my watches, I don't care for other options at all.

are you a criminal perchance?

zig

Horses for courses! Mostly I'll put military styles on a NATO, dress watches on leather, and keep the metal only for Rolex or anything that doesn't look nice on anything else. Metal is never as comfy.

Luthier

Bracelet is always my choice #1, except classic dressy watches - can't imagine Omega Globemaster on bracelet.

I like Del's SOSF on rep. leather, I was shocked, seen the picture of his SOSF on rep. strap, that looks, like $150 one.

tyrantblade
Horses for courses! Mostly I'll put military styles on a NATO, dress watches on leather, and keep the metal only for Rolex or anything that doesn't look nice on anything else. Metal is never as comfy.

Idk about that last part, I've got a planet ocean rep (currently with mary/on its way back) and it couldn't be more comfortable with the stainless steel bracelet.