Sign in to follow this  
PeterWorcester

Can't regulate my 2836-2

PeterWorcester

Help :-(

I just received a beautiful new modded DSSD with a new GENUINE wise ETA 2836-3 movement in it.

While everything else is OUTSTANDING and I absolutely love the work that was done on it.

I am having one issue that I can't seem to regulate. The timing, the watch run slow and looses about 5 seconds per hour.

I went the the trusty tutorial that is posted here to reference, again which way to adjust the timing by turning the screw , towards the + sign wasn't working, which wasn't working, in fact i'm not able to actually even turn the screw for some reason. Anyway, I thought I remembered seeing in the tutorial that you could also move he arm at he bottom of the area where the screw is.

Unfortunately I went to this link http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=3545 only to find that the pictures are gone for some resin, so now I know don't whether to move the arm counter clockwise to sped up the timing to clockwise to speed it. In other words do i move it further away from the watch movement body or closer to ?

If anyone could possibly dig up the picture that was always there I would be eternally grateful. Then was so beautifully modified I can't stand that the timing is so far off.

Thanks in advance

Peter

Dendo

try this link for a picture and explanation

Simply put there are two arms. The closer they are together the longer the pendulum has to swing and therefore it is slower. The further apart they are the shorted the swing and thus the watch goes faster. DO NOT ADJUST THE STEM CARRIER UNLESS YOU HAVE A TIMING MACHINE.

Hope this helps.