Sign in to follow this  
The_Monkey

Step by step to cashback on ebay auctions

The_Monkey

First let me state, this is not a scam, they actually do pay... not much, but it's better than nothing. It only officially works in the US, Canada, and the UK, though I have heard reports of people in other countries having it work so long as they used the other sites (ie ebay.com). Unlike the Microsoft one for BIN items this does work with auction listings so given the number of people here bidding on watches I figured I'd write it up.

Step 1, follow this link to bigcrumbs.com (full disclosure, this will automatically add me as a referrer).

BC1.jpg

Step 2, Click the "Join Now" button.

Step 3. Choose "crumbsaver" to get the most cashback out of your purchases, "crumbearner" if you want to try and work the refferal system.

BC2.jpg

Step 4. finish filling out the registration stuff, make sure you use your paypal email address, ie the email address you use to log in to paypal.

Step 5. Uncheck "subscribe to "Daily Discounts" e-mail"

BC3.jpg

Step 6. Check the "I agree to ...." box

Step 7. If you went direct to bigcrumbs.com please be nice and enter englishspeakingmonkey in the referer box :D

Step 8. Once you get logged in click the "shop" tab at the top.

BC4.jpg

Step 9. In the "Quick Browse" -> "By Name" dropdown menu choose the appropriate ebay site for you (unfortunately it's only .com, .ca, and .co.uk)

BC5.jpg

Step 10. Click the "Set QuickCrumb Bookmark", a new window will pop up with a link and instructions on how to save it as a bookmark in all the most popular browsers.

BC7.jpg

Step 11. Click your new bookmark, you'll go to a redirect page and then on to ebay. Browse and bid as you would normally (unfortunately it doesn't work with snipers).

BC8.jpg

If you just use their gateway link to go to ebay instead of a direct one it's a pretty seamless thing, just go about things as normal and a couple of months you get an email letting you know $1.20 or whatever deposited into your paypal account. It doesn't work with sniper programs though, but the way I figure it is that every auction has someone sniping it so I just put in my max bid and if they want it more they'll outbid me whether I snipe or not. Doesn't matter if I bid $0.50 less than it goes for with a day left or 3 seconds, end result is the same.

pollux1

That reminds me, I had a discount thingy last Christmas, fucking thing wouldn't work

Member X

So what do BigCrumb get out of it?? Referral hits therefore better advertising revenue off its advertisers?

The_Monkey
So what do BigCrumb get out of it?? Referral hits therefore better advertising revenue off its advertisers?

When you go to a site through one of their referral links they get something like a commission when you buy something, they keep part of that. You know those outlandish fees eBay charges, part of those go into their referral programs (fatwallet, bigcrumbs, MS Cashback, etc., etc.) There are other programs like it out there, I just use bigcrumbs because once you get the bookmark set up you really don't have to think about it and unlike most of the other programs there's no minimum for payout.

I figure it's free, only adds ~0.5 of a second (if that) to my trips to ebay, and they pay out without having to jump through any hoops. It's not like I'm getting 50% back or anything but it's better than the nothing back I get otherwise. The simplicity of it is the nice part, honestly, before I decided to write this up I hadn't actually visited their site in months, just used the bookmark. Couple days after buying something you get an email saying that it went through and then a month in arrears (read: two months) you get another saying they've deposited however much into your paypal.

Member X

Cool, I may give that a go then, given how much I've been spending on ebay recently lol

Thanks for the info! :morebeer: