Sign in to follow this  
gmchris

gmchris

Hi everyone, another newbie pops up!

I found this forum after looking at some replica sites and deciding i needed to find out which ones were safe before ordering. Looks like i will be ordering from a recommended supplier soon, as i've seen exactly what i want.

I've always liked watches, since i was the first kid at school to have an LED red numbered "black faced" timex (late 70's) but never been a fan of bling or bothered about brand names. However i am a fan of all things NASA, and would love to have a Speedmaster "moonie", which is how i ended up here. Some year ago I had a Swatch Dark Pheonix (a sort of nod towards moonie style) which had the standard Swatch Chrono movement- 3 subdials of minutes seconds and tenths- very nice except for the non-sweep second hand. Wonder if there are any similar movements that would fit the cheap moonie?

I like gadgets too, and after 2 casio protreks (i love all that altimeter - barometer- temperature - compass stuff!) i got myself a titanium Tissot Touch, the original black face one with the proper compass degree marked bezel not the plain bezel. Had it 5 years now and its great, its pretty accurate re- weather and compass etc, and i wear it every day on site (i'm an electrician). The rubber strap lasted about 2 years, so i bought a £10 watch with brushed stainless strap and trimmed it to fit the tapered tissot case, its not perfect but not bad. Gotta few little scratches though, how do i polish titanium without making it shiny?

I'll post some pics later.

Oh, and its nice to be here- :)

Edited by gmchris

SeanusMaximus

Hello matey! Glad to welcome another brit, you'll love whats on offer here, watches, gadgets, boobs, we got it all :)

Luthier

Welcome to the Forum, Chris!!!

What... NASA is still alive???

:)

robznet

Welcome to the forum Chris, always good to see another Brit join up! Loads of help available here - just shout up and someone will be able to assist! :)

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :)

gmchris

Thanks chaps. Here's my Tissot.

DSC00752.jpg

Ok so its nothing amazing but i love it (and now i know how to upload pics)

Quite proud of my £10 strap though- Tissot wanted £54 for 2 bits of rubber, not to mention £30 for a battery!!

Still craving a Speedmaster though. . .

Anyone know how to clean titanium?

Archaon

Welcome!

There are a few topics about the moonie. Have a read (use the search which is good :-) )

I am myself after a decent moonie rep. I was at the Omega shope the other day, and I can't put 3000 dollars on a watch, but i loooooove the moonie.

Problem is, this is a hard one to replicate because of various things, if you find one though, please post info here as there are many ppl searching for their graal moonie

:-)

greg_r

Welcome Chris! :P

alexell

welcome and good forum :)