Sign in to follow this  
The_SubmarinerBoy

Removing excess lume?

The_SubmarinerBoy

Hi guys, was just wondering what is the proper way to go about removing excess lume around the hour markers. I naturally thought of scraping it with like a scapel, but is there some solution that I could use that is safer for the dial?

dingle

send to a pro B)

max_777

I have a 111 that needs lume. Can I have it done by a local repair shop or should I send it off? Who do I send it off to?

KeNnY

remove/ dissolve whole lume and relume it from stock will give best results.. you can try to use wooden toothpick, that should not scratch the metallic surface

houndoggie
I have a 111 that needs lume. Can I have it done by a local repair shop or should I send it off? Who do I send it off to?

mike mcnair

The_SubmarinerBoy
remove/ dissolve whole lume and relume it from stock will give best results.. you can try to use wooden toothpick, that should not scratch the metallic surface

I don't really plan to relume actually. I have a Patek Phillipe Nautilus that has some lume creeping out of one of its markers. I'd like to remove it so that it looks neat as it should be. So with the toothpick, I assume you pick at it carefully am I right? Any precautions and tips?

MikeMcNair

I don't really plan to relume actually. I have a Patek Phillipe Nautilus that has some lume creeping out of one of its markers. I'd like to remove it so that it looks neat as it should be. So with the toothpick, I assume you pick at it carefully am I right? Any precautions and tips?

Moisten the tip of a round, very pointy toothpick (a few actually) and it should essentially scrape off.

Start at the outer most portion of the "overage" and work inward.

I do this alllllllllll the time and it's flawless! Look at these dots, they were not that good when my shaky hands applied them :)

11af7b4f.jpg